Do you think the Developers know about TOTV?

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Platinum member
Default Do you think the Developers know about TOTV?

My wife asked this morning if the Developers were aware of TOTV? I'd never really thought about it but as any well run business, you'd think they'd be interested in what people are saying (or complaining) about. I haven't googled "The Villages" in awhile but I'll bet TOTV comes up on a search which means that TOTV is a starting point for more and more people with an interest--before they venture on down to TV land. Might be a good question for discussion, but if Gary Morse ever visited TOTV, he most likely would never register. Wonder if any of the sales reps know about TOTV.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Default Re: Do you think the Developers know about TOTV?

Im sure the sales reps know about TOTV cause we told ours about it. He thought it was interesting. We also mentioned TOTV to the guest coordinator we had for our visit. While she had not heard about TOTV to that point I'd bet they checked it out. I think its the best thing going. Lots of info and if it helps to keep the developer informed too then great. It would be nice if the developer or a representative would schedule a chat in the chat room. Now that might be interesting. ;D
Old 08-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Veteran member

I am sure they know but couldn't care less!!
Old 08-08-2007, 08:24 AM

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF LOOKING TO BUY A NEW HOME AND I TOLD MY SALES REP. ABOUT THIS SITE. I EXPLAINED TO HIM IF HE WANTED TO BE A BETTER SALESMAN, ANY ADDED KNOWLEDGE WOULD BE BENIFICIAL. HE LOOKED AT IT, CALLED ME BACK AND SAID IT WAS A GREAT SITE FOR BOTH SELLER AND BUYER. I AGREE 100%. THANKS...... THE KAR GUY
Old 08-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar guy
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF LOOKING TO BUY A NEW HOME AND I TOLD MY SALES REP. ABOUT THIS SITE. I EXPLAINED TO HIM IF HE WANTED TO BE A BETTER SALESMAN, ANY ADDED KNOWLEDGE WOULD BE BENIFICIAL. HE LOOKED AT IT, CALLED ME BACK AND SAID IT WAS A GREAT SITE FOR BOTH SELLER AND BUYER. I AGREE 100%. THANKS...... THE KAR GUY
Thanks. I think the developer now knows about it. We would love to have the Villages list their houses here. Thousands and Thousands of people would see them
Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 AM

i can't recall how i found this site. but i don't think it comes up with a simple google search for the villages.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:08 PM

Villager 99. It would be nice if the developer did know of this site. Maybe they could get the pulse of all villagers who use this site. Not that would stir them to make an attempt to either fix the problem or at least show up to the many meetings they have been invited to speak at. They don't want to explain why we were lied to before we signed on the dotted line. Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't want to live anywhere else. And the developer knows that.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Veteran member

Yikes !!! You are a Firecracker indeed. The Developer was probably at those meetings..... Next time, look for those that are wearing shades and talking into their sleeves. Nahh....they're not dumb enough to be that obvious. It would be easier to bug the rec centers and/or other meeting places.....hmmm? Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not to get me. Shhhh....I hear somethin'....
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Veteran member

Firecracker is correct about the invitations that were ignored or declined. The developer only cares about selling. Once you are a resident your name is forgotten and the troubles are yours. Firecracker, it is good to know that there are others here at the Villages who love the place in spite of the crap we were fed by the sales staff owned and operated by the developer. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-09-2007, 09:05 AM

Which leaves me wondering what state of affairs the Villages will be left in once the developing is finished. Have the CDD's been properly funded? :dontknow: Whatever happened to the "Village Bucks" that used to be offered as a rebate when visiting? I read that some of the businesses were sold by the Developer.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Veteran member

One by one the country club restaurants have been sold by the Villages to privaters owners. Being a "member" doesn't mean a thing at all. No benefit to membership. The public are invited to eat at all the restaurants. Only the pools are restricted by village residents and ID carrying guests. This isn' like your home town country club so don't expect that.
The developer is out to make a buck, just like most all other people and he/they will do it as much and as often as possible. I believe the target date for the developer to turn everything over to the CDDs is 2011 when all currently oned Village property is developed.

One by one the recreation centers are being turned over/sold to the CDDs. Who knows what the future will bring? I have never lived under this type of government/legislation so I can't answer even my own questions. :dontknow:
Old 08-09-2007, 09:10 AM

The Villages bucks were changes to the coupon with your name on it because, not everyone spent them and left them with their firends to use. NOW they can control who benefits from the perks.

:cop:

IT IS ALL ABOUT CONTROL
Old 08-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Veteran member

I'm getting a bit confused. Not being a resident but considering it; am I understanding that TV residents pay a monthly amenities fee but the private facilities that are enjoyed by the residents are not being sold to private investors who have opened it up to the general public.

I realize the town square restaurants and festivities are open to anyone, resident or not but I understood the rec centers, country clubs and their restaurants were for members only. As well as the pools and the 500 plus activities that TV offers.

Is this rapidly changing? Or do I have it wrong?

I live in a country club now and the club, restaurant, tennis and pool are for residents only. I would hate to be paying an amenities fee so the general public can enjoy the recreation but not have to pay for any of it.

Note to Curry - can you please use the spell check feature - your posts are hard to follow.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Send a message via AIM to rballruss Send a message via Yahoo to rballruss

I was out to dinner with a realtor friend and asked if he or she knew about TOTV. The person said yes, but heard it was very negative about TV. Admitedly, the person said he or she hadn't actually been to the site. So I am assuming that the scuttle butt (maybe among the realtors) is that this is all negative.

Well, certainly you can read lots of negative stuff here, but loads of positive as well. For me, TV has been an unbelievably wonderful place to live. To think what I do day after day, which quite frankly is finding something fun to do, I can't believe how much I enjoy this place.

Are there things that I think could be better? Of course, but where isn't there? I am living the kind of life that my counterparts back in MD can only dream of.

TOTV, I enjoy visiting the forums and chatting, and made it a point to tell my realtor friend that this is not the "den of negativity" that has been suggested.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Thanks, rballruss, for the kind words and also the news of the
"outside" perception of Talk of The Villages.

I think we have to get the word out that the site is not negative,
just a lot of people offering all kinds of thoughts, and not all are about The Villages.

We have our work cut out for us to change that perception,
and we could use all of your help.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.