Do you think someone can survive in The Villages without a car.

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last edited by John_W; 04-15-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Living south of 466A is not so bad; Walmart Neighborhood Grocery is at Colony, so is Publix and they're at Traverse as well. Tax collector, Driver's License and Library are at the Gold Dome on 466A & Powell (Cart Accessible). Villages Medical Centers are at Pinellas, Colony & Brownwood. Movies are at Brownwood, Evans Prairie, Bonifay & Belle Glade Golf Courses are all within 20 minutes. MVP Gym is at Brownwood. Lake Imaging is at Colony. It all depends on what is important to you.

I have neighbors who go to 466 all the time in their cart. I play Glenview once month, it's about 40 minutes. I'm just above 466A and it's a great central location. LSL is 20 minutes, Brownwood 20 minutes, SS 45 minutes. For food at Colony you've got Bob Evans, McDonalds, PDQ Chicken, Fiesta Grande Mexican, Sakura's, Chinese carryout, plus all the restaurants at Brownwood, McAlister Deli being my favorite.
Good point. The only thing I can reach up north is either stuff easier bought online or things you only need to get to once or twice a year. (Clothes, small furnishings, linens) For that a long cart ride is an adventure.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

The one thing about Best Buy is anything they have can be bought at Walmart or ordered through there website. I am guessing the main need for a car would be picking up visitors at the airport or going to the beach. My main plan and reason to move here was to get and drive a golf cart as much as possible. It is 55 minutes to get to our friends house so there will be plenty of miles.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, accessible, villages, stores

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.