Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Do you think the virus will be under control by Easter? (approx 3.5 weeks from now) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/do-you-think-virus-will-under-control-easter-approx-3-5-weeks-now-304323/)

Tom C 03-25-2020 02:34 PM

Things are still changing WAY TOO FAST.

The best indicator of how many people feel about the future is probably how the markets are changing. ... and we all know how that is whip-sawing back and forth.

I remain hopeful, and if we all can keep up on vigilant cleaning and distancing, the resolution of this will be here sooner and for the better.

Stay healthy! :thumbup:

Silver Streak 03-25-2020 02:55 PM

We need to keep in mind that the places with the most positive cases are almost universally ALSO the places that are doing lots of testing. Until widespread testing is available (and it's nowhere near that yet), we have no idea how many people are infected and spreading this thing around. Hong Kong did a quick lockdown with good results....then relaxed the restrictions too soon and now they're seeing a surge in infections. We should NOT do that! Especially here, with it's preponderance of residents over 60.

Velvet 03-25-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1733152)
I heard that churches will be packed on Easter Sunday.

Noooo! Please don’t go seriously, the Creator has given you brains and expects you to use it! Miracles are strictly for very special occasions.... lol

Topspinmo 03-25-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1733453)
Spreading false or unrealistic hope doesn't help at all.

Polls are BS, I hope I am wrong? Especially when there political overtones buried. I hope I am wrong?

Lottoguy 03-25-2020 04:28 PM

Trump just threw a date out there to see what the reaction would be. The state governors are the people who will decide when we get back to normal.

ColdNoMore 03-25-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1733152)
I heard that churches will be packed on Easter Sunday.

I wonder why, given what this scumbag, conman...is advocating. :mad:

Simply sickening.
barf

ColdNoMore 03-25-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1733453)
Spreading false or unrealistic hope doesn't help at all.

Along with leadership, that seems to be like watching...a ping-pong ball or a yo-yo. :oops:

Velvet 03-25-2020 05:31 PM

Joanne and Mike 03-25-2020 06:07 PM

My concern is that if our economy collapses, society as we know it will be destroyed. Our money will be worth nothing. There will be no food, no supplies, no services, no law and order and no healthcare. We can forget about quality of life and life as we know it. People will die from starvation and lack of care. There are no easy alternatives, but everything hinges on stabilizing our economy.

Velvet 03-25-2020 06:27 PM

Yes, but on the other hand, if we die because of the virus, our money won’t be worth much to us anyways. First things first.

TexaninVA 03-25-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanne and Mike (Post 1733619)
My concern is that if our economy collapses, society as we know it will be destroyed. Our money will be worth nothing. There will be no food, no supplies, no services, no law and order and no healthcare. We can forget about quality of life and life as we know it. People will die from starvation and lack of care. There are no easy alternatives, but everything hinges on stabilizing our economy.

That's a valid concern, as is calling the "all clear" too soon. But we can't stay hunkered down forever.

That's what Trump is referring to the cure being worse than the disease.

Let's hope he makes the right call when the time comes to do so.

Topspinmo 03-25-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1733598)
Along with leadership, that seems to be like watching...a ping-pong ball or a yo-yo. :oops:

See what I mean

OCsun 03-26-2020 06:14 AM

Quote:

Wow! That's a big IF. Chill! My father made it through D Day as a member of the 29th Division. Go buy some Hershey Bars! They helped carry him through Normandy.

xNYer 03-26-2020 06:20 AM

Economy

Quote:

Everything hinges on preventing the virus from exploding. There is not a choice between the economy and preventing the virus from devastating the health of Americans. How do you think our quality of life will be with huge numbers of sick and dying. Will the infected be going to work. It is a false dichotomy.

golfing eagles 03-26-2020 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCsun (Post 1733759)
Wow! That's a big IF. Chill! My father made it through D Day as a member of the 29th Division. Go buy some Hershey Bars! They helped carry him through Normandy.

Relevance???? I don't get it