Do You Trust The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2019, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,950 Times in 1,706 Posts

Why don’t we ask OP to just clarify what they’re looking for. To ask people do they trust where they live would have a very obvious answer. Would they be living there otherwise in the first place?
Old 08-31-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Why don’t we ask OP to just clarify what they’re looking for. To ask people do they trust where they live would have a very obvious answer. Would they be living there otherwise in the first place?
Greetings-

I apologize for the confusion and in order to clarify my position, allow me to elaborate.

Do "I" trust The Villages?
YES and I proved my position with my cash since I'm also a homeowner in the new section of Fenney.

My concern as this storm approaches is that the homes / neighborhoods appear to pop-up almost over night.

How much quality control can be placed on each home when 100's of construction workers are responsible in building a house at such a quick pace ?

How certain can a home buyer be that each county inspector inspected each step of the construction in a prudent manner when the county employees themselves are probably short staffed ?

Although not required, the new houses have no impact windows and impact doors which surprise me, especially the large glass sliding doors.

The garage doors, especially the 2/1 appear to have minimal reinforcement which could be detrimental during a severe wind storm.

I believe that the gamble-ends of the roofing structures are not as stringently tied-down and reinforced as in only parts of the state.

I do love The Villages and strongly suggest anyone to seriously consider The Villages as residence, but I feel that The Villages are just growing so fast that one day this bubble will burst.

Good Luck to everyone...
Old 08-31-2019, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
Greetings-

I apologize for the confusion and in order to clarify my position, allow me to elaborate.

YES and I proved my position with my cash since I'm also a homeowner in the new section of Fenney.

My concern as this storm approaches is that the homes / neighborhoods appear to pop-up almost over night.

How much quality control can be placed on each home when 100's of construction workers are responsible in building a house at such a quick pace ?

How certain can a home buyer be that each county inspector inspected each step of the construction in a prudent manner when the county employees themselves are probably short staffed ?

Although not required, the new houses have no impact windows and impact doors which surprise me, especially the large glass sliding doors.

The garage doors, especially the 2/1 appear to have minimal reinforcement which could be detrimental during a severe wind storm.

I believe that the gamble-ends of the roofing structures are not as stringently tied-down and reinforced as in only parts of the state.

I do love The Villages and strongly suggest anyone to seriously consider The Villages as residence, but I feel that The Villages are just growing so fast that one day this bubble will burst.

Good Luck to everyone...
You did determine all this when you were considering moving to The Villages, right? If not, why bring it up at the first sign of a hurricane?
Old 08-31-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You did determine all this when you were considering moving to The Villages, right? If not, why bring it up at the first sign of a hurricane?
Exactly, This clarification seems to not change anything. You bought a house, yes, and now you are concerned you made a mistake?

It is not clear what the point is, if you are worried that the homes are being poorly made, then sell and get your money out and go where you will not question the quality would seem to be the smart thing to do.

To spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a home, second guess the purchase and then to online and ask strangers if you did the right thing...

Maybe a better approach would be to hire a professional to evaluate YOUR home (like we did) and base your decision on that report.

hmm...
Old 08-31-2019, 11:49 AM
Veteran member

Sometimes people are not aware they are making a mistake until something crops up to show them there is an issue. For example, we bought into the Villages assuming the home quality was good. We have been told since then, that it is variable, depending on which contractor/crew built your home. We have had several issues with our brand new home. Most were covered by warranty, but one was not.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
Sometimes people are not aware they are making a mistake until something crops up to show them there is an issue. For example, we bought into the Villages assuming the home quality was good. We have been told since then, that it is variable, depending on which contractor/crew built your home. We have had several issues with our brand new home. Most were covered by warranty, but one was not.
What was not?
Old 08-31-2019, 01:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
Greetings-

Good Luck to everyone...
We wre not confused. This is just a longer version of the original post.
Closed Thread

Tags
homes, villages, built, trust, construction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.