BRING BACK THE CHRISTMAS PARADE

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Default BRING BACK THE CHRISTMAS PARADE

Why did the powers that be discontinue the biggest and happiest parade we had in
The Villages and then later re-offer it all the way out at the Polo Field....I'm speaking of the CHRISTMAS PARADE??? They are still holding all the other half baked excuses for a parade or gathering in the town squares....
The reason the VERY POPULAR CHRISTMAS PARADE was virtually done away with is because The Villages COULD NOT SELL BOOZE during the Christmas parade. Maybe if we yell and scream enough they will bring back this Happy event which the kids (young and older) loved. So lets start yelling and screaming.....can't hurt
Old 04-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Default Re: BRING BACK THE CHRISTMAS PARADE

No Christmas Parade because" Prince" Pete said so,end of story.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Founder

Since when was the Christmas parade cancelled? I think it's just a rumor. The Villages would never cancel something as much fun as the Christmas Parade. ???
Old 04-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Veteran member

"Any man who goes around with Merry Christmas on his lips should be boiled in his own pudding a buried with a stake of holly through his heart.....Christmas...bah humbug!" The Villages.....er....Charles Dickens wrote that. Nah....we'll have a Christmas parade whether The Villages is a sponsor or not. The PEOPLE make the community.....Chanukah (sp)...Ramadan...others....it's ours to celebrate and WE are the ones to make it all happen. We don't live in tyranny! Freedom of Assembly.....remember y'all? But, isn't it just a tad early to be thinking of Christmas?
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 04-28-2007, 07:14 AM

I would also like to see the MARDI GRAS parade return. Our first year year was the last year of the "crews" and I believe it was because many spectators were running into the streets to grab beads from the golf carts. I feel like the whole class is being punished because of one naughty child. I like The Villages for all the "excuses to party" so I am in favor of the Christmas Parade and Mardi Gras Parade back at the Squares :joke
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.