villages of the villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Default villages of the villages

am i correct in that there is no village of stonecrest? or is one of the new villages south of 466a?

i looked at the list on district go and did not see a village of stonecrest listed.

thanx

Old 08-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
am i correct in that there is no village of stonecrest? or is one of the new villages south of 466a?

i looked at the list on district go and did not see a village of stonecrest listed.

thanx
Stonecrest is a gated community seperate from the Villages and just north of 441.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Stonecrest is a gated community seperate from the Villages and just north of 441.
that's just what i thought! thanx for the quick response!

Old 08-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Sage

I always get it confused. Is Stonecrest the development across state Rt. 441 from Walmart, or is it the one on the Historic side behind Lowe's? I have a friend who just moved to the development across 441 across from Walmart. It is really much, much bigger than it appears from the highway.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I always get it confused. Is Stonecrest the development across state Rt. 441 from Walmart, or is it the one on the Historic side behind Lowe's? I have a friend who just moved to the development across 441 across from Walmart. It is really much, much bigger than it appears from the highway.
It is the latter. The one behind Lowes may be Water Oak.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Sage

You have to have a street legal to get to TV from Stonecrest then. You can't' come in a regular golf cart.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
You have to have a street legal to get to TV from Stonecrest then. You can't' come in a regular golf cart.
Never been there but I hear there is a dirt path somewhere by Walmart.

Evidently they don't have a message board.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Veteran member
Default Stonecrest

Yes you CAN get to Stonecrest in a regular golf cart.If you get to Aldi's,keep going on the street behind Aldi's and it brings you right there.Have done it several times.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Stonecrest is a separate development of long standing across the street from Sam St.John's fish restaurant on 441/27. One golf course and real gates and the home to our friend Edvin Mass.

I don't know if it has signs or not but someone could add them or take them away and then they would have a message board and their knickers in a hitch just like us.

And the same path gets you to the villages.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
Never been there but I hear there is a dirt path somewhere by Walmart.

Evidently they don't have a message board.
There is a path to Walmart from the Historic Side of TV. Orange Blossom Hills, Country Club Hills, Silver Lake, et al. But, if Stonecrest is on the opposite side of 441, you can't get from there to here or anywhere in TV on a golf cart - legally that is.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Stonecrest is a separate development of long standing across the street from Sam St.John's fish restaurant on 441/27. One golf course and real gates and the home to our friend Edvin Mass.

I don't know if it has signs or not but someone could add them or take them away and then they would have a message board and their knickers in a hitch just like us.
And the same path gets you to the villages.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

GG, you're getting out of control here, don't want to have to turn you in.

I'm okay with no signs, but I really want a light up pink flamingo. Wonder if they are allowed in Stonecrest.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
There is a path to Walmart from the Historic Side of TV. Orange Blossom Hills, Country Club Hills, Silver Lake, et al. But, if Stonecrest is on the opposite side of 441, you can't get from there to here or anywhere in TV on a golf cart - legally that is.
as others indicated, stonecrest is on the same side of the hiway as the walmart shopping center, aldi's, lowes, bealls, cracker barrel...thus, it has access to the dirt path into the village of country club hills and the golf cart bridge into the rest of the villages.

the kicker about stonecresters being able to access the villages is that the oppty to enter stonecrest does not exist for everyone because one needs an access card to use the gate to the commercial areas between the community and outside world. not that such is a big deal. we all know that the public areas of the villages are open to everyone and that the commercial ventures are glad to accept anyone's money for their wares and libations!

Old 08-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Stonecrest is on the SAME side of 441 as Walmart, Lowes and all of the villages of the Historic section, all connected by regular roadways and that famous dirt path next to Lowes. Spruce Creek is another development on the opposite side of 441 directly across from Stonecrest.

I don't know the law about street legal carts, but if they are allowed to cross 441 from Spruce Creek to Stonecrest, then they too have cart access to TV.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
Stonecrest is on the SAME side of 441 as Walmart, Lowes and all of the villages of the Historic section, all connected by regular roadways and that famous dirt path next to Lowes. Spruce Creek is another development on the opposite side of 441 directly across from Stonecrest.

I don't know the law about street legal carts, but if they are allowed to cross 441 from Spruce Creek to Stonecrest, then they too have cart access to TV.
Yes, they do.

Boy, oh Boy, I get the names of those developments so mixed up in my mind. Then on top of my initial confusion, I some how misunderstood what eweissenbach said earlier.

Sometimes I think dyslexia I might have slight. ~
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.