Does Crown Moulding and An Open Floor Plan

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2019, 07:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
Excellent point - caulking is essential to a good crown finish. I'd add that if they cope inside corners vs. miter the prevalance of cracks developing is signficantly less (almost zero if the house is built well). The outside corners depend on how square the walls are.

I wouldn't select a carpenter for crown that says they will miter inside corners.
The way I was trained, a carpenter doing inside finish work wouldn't dare show up with caulk for joints. Intermediate joints (not at corners) are mitered, outside corners are mitered and glued, inside corners are coped.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:41 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
The way I was trained, a carpenter doing inside finish work wouldn't dare show up with caulk for joints. Intermediate joints (not at corners) are mitered, outside corners are mitered and glued, inside corners are coped.
How did they cover the crack between the ceiling and the wall which are Knock down? The carpenters didn't carry caulk they left it up to the painters. In Florida due to the humidity a composite crown is recommended. But getting back to the OP crown is a personal choice, but is not for a modern aesthetic Len
Closed Thread

Tags
open, floor, plan, crown, moulding

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.