Does it ever get old?

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Default Does it ever get old?

My wife and I are fairly new to TV, just moving here in July. Yesterday evening, we were returning home from Spanish Springs. The sky was gorgeous with steaks of red, orange, pink and blue. Crossing the bridge into Lake Sumter, the sky and reflections in the water took our breath away! Do those of you who have been here a long time still marvel at the beauty and friendliness of this place?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Veteran member

Absolutely, and I hope that never gets old! ☺
Old 10-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjbud View Post
My wife and I are fairly new to TV, just moving here in July. Yesterday evening, we were returning home from Spanish Springs. The sky was gorgeous with steaks of red, orange, pink and blue. Crossing the bridge into Lake Sumter, the sky and reflections in the water took our breath away! Do those of you who have been here a long time still marvel at the beauty and friendliness of this place?
We marvel all the time and we've been here for a bit, Tom. You and your wife are wise to revel in the beauty here and I hope you are able to keep a "fresh eye" daily to all there is to admire.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Platinum member

Buddy, That photo is beautiful!

To answer the OP, for me personally, it boils down to this:

If I look for beauty here in TV, I find it.
If I look for friendliness within our community, I find it.
It's a mindset I choose- I expect to be happy and take joy in it when I am. Although I have days when I'm not so good at it, or grateful for what is around me,
it is my primary intent to find things that please me or make my spirit soar....for me, a better way to invest my energy.

I have experienced enough ukky stuff to last a lifetime. I intend to experience happiness- and overall, I think hubby and I picked a pretty great place to do it.

I am so glad when another finds moments like this too.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Veteran member

We've been here seven years and the only thing old is the summers are sometimes relentless. This time of year though often makes us forget about the 150 days above 90.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjbud View Post
I thank the good Lord every day that we live in such a beautiful place.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Sage

In one word...NO! It doesn't get old! The beauty that God displays amazes us whenever we stop to take notice! What a blessing this place is in ALL that it has for us!!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Gold member

That's probably where the saying, " It's Always a Beautiful Day In The Villages" comes from!!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:10 PM

Certainly do! We saw sky last night too. Have been coming to Villages for over 25 yrs, bought 1999, still love every day!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:35 PM

I love it more every day! It is such a wonderful place!
Old 10-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Helene and I were coming back from playing golf with old and dear friends today and were driving through the area just around Buena Vista and Stillwater where the oaks are so tall and it was a sunny and refreshingly cool day and I had to think...how lucky I am to be here in this beautiful place and know such caring and delightful people.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Sage

Who you callin' old......

The location you talk about is one of my favorite places in The Villages. It's a beautiful spot, Gracie!

Driving around here, seeing the beautiful landscaping, the magnificent birdies, even those pesky blind mosquitos we encountered today, always fills my heart with joy!

It never ends.....
Old 10-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Veteran member

I am just gonna say ditto ditto ditto on all these posts.. I wanna pinch myself everyday when I am out and about - wondering how I got so lucky to find this place to retire...
Old 10-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Sage

Having now returned to work for the 3rd time after retiring I can honestly say this time is the best 'cause every morning driving to work I see beautiful palm trees, cross Lake Sumter and always, always see beautiful birds of one sort or the other. Just starts my day out right.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Veteran member

This was taken last night from my lanai. I mould see the sun set if a tree was moved over to the left but I wouldn't change the view one bit. Lake Sumter is just a short golf cart away.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	23972  
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.