Dog friendly hotels on I-81 and I-95

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
All La Quinta Inn's are pet friendly nation wide! No extra charge!
La Quinta Inns have no extra charge, even for two dogs!
Some hotels claim to be "pet friendly" but charge a substantial amount per dog.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Some of the hotels are not worthy of our pets. Many are pet-friendly and don't advertise it.

Our kids just drove here from N.J. yesterday with two of the biggest most beautiful German Sheppards and because they have designer everything and Gucci Woochi this and that they drove straight through to save a yard. I don't even say a word anymore. Not my monkey, not my circus. Thankfully they made it safely.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Some of the hotels are not worthy of our pets. Many are pet-friendly and don't advertise it.

Our kids just drove here from N.J. yesterday with two of the biggest most beautiful German Sheppards and because they have designer everything and Gucci Woochi this and that they drove straight through to save a yard. I don't even say a word anymore. Not my monkey, not my circus. Thankfully they made it safely.
Whose yard were they saving!
Old 12-22-2017, 07:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Our kids just drove here from N.J. yesterday with two of the biggest most beautiful German Sheppards and because they have designer everything and Gucci Woochi this and that they drove straight through to save a yard. I don't even say a word anymore. Not my monkey, not my circus.
Silence is golden where adult kids are concerned.
P.S. For some weird reason, I love the expression "Not my monkey, not my circus".
Old 12-22-2017, 06:35 PM
Veteran member

Best Western is pet friendly, but you must reserve because they only have so many rooms that are designated as such.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:34 AM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
We are planning our drive to the Villages from up north and are looking for help from fellow travelers with dogs. Our last few trips we have encountered horrible luck with pet friendly hotels. There must be some pet friendly hotels that are not total dumps? Best Western, Red Roof, Days Inn, and La Quinta have all been terrible. We take 81 south from Scranton, PA and cut across to I-95 in Fredricksburg, VA toward Florida. Any suggestions for some decent hotel options would be most appreciated. Thanks : )
We had a wonderful experience at The Aloft Hotel in Jacksonville. Modern, clean, nice location.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,053 Times in 2,741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikearoni View Post
We had a wonderful experience at The Aloft Hotel in Jacksonville. Modern, clean, nice location.
We always stayed at the Aloft Hotel in Winchester, VA and enjoyed it, but it just changed ownership. It is now a La Quinta and we will be staying there for the first time on our upcoming drive to the Villages. It's still pet friendly with no upcharge and has been updated, so we expect a good experience.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:00 PM

I've had great experiences with Hilton hotels. Home to Suites and Homewood Suites off I 95 coming down from New York. Very clean and spacious. Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,053 Times in 2,741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
We always stayed at the Aloft Hotel in Winchester, VA and enjoyed it, but it just changed ownership. It is now a La Quinta and we will be staying there for the first time on our upcoming drive to the Villages. It's still pet friendly with no upcharge and has been updated, so we expect a good experience.
We always have stayed at the Aloft in Winchester, VA also. It was our favorite stop because it was totally pet friendly, a very nice/clean/modern hotel, and we could play ball with the dog in a very big field a short walking distance from the hotel on the grounds of the Shenandoah University. Then the University build a huge football stadium and put in parking lots, so thats gone. Then the Aloft changed to a La Quinta Inn. Oh well, we still stayed there on our last trip south because it remained pet friendly and it's in a good location for our first day stop. It's not as good as it used to be, but it's still as good a pet friendly option as we can find.
Closed Thread

Tags
hotels, friendly, pet, i-95, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.