Dog Haters in Pine Ridge

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Hmmmm
Old 12-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I'm almost certain that all dogs are to be on a leash when they are outside. It makes sense because not everyone loves dogs the way we do. I read about this on this Forum as it being the law. I did no further investigation I accepted it because it sounded correct. Was you dog on a leash?

I was a chronic bad boy in regard to the rule. I love rules but I knew my dog would obey any command given him by my wife or me. I risked my dog biting someone and financially ruining us. What your situation boils down to as I understand it at this point, if he was off the leash you have no beef, if he was under control of a leash or dog run then these kicking humans suck. Either way I feel bad for the dog and I'm sure he doesn't have a sign around his neck that says "Our dog is very gentle, does not bark and loves both dogs and humans." People have their rights and so do animal's and every story has three sides. Here's to hoping things go smoothly from here on out. I wish the best for you and your pup.
I think Judge Judy would have viewed this differently. I think she would have ruled that as long as the dog was on its own property, with or without leash, and the guy trespassed on its property, the guy would have been at fault. Further the dog was not even barking and was probably just sitting there, thus giving no cause for the guy to feel threatened.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
I think Judge Judy would have viewed this differently. I think she would have ruled that as long as the dog was on its own property, with or without leash, and the guy trespassed on its property, the guy would have been at fault. Further the dog was not even barking and was probably just sitting there, thus giving no cause for the guy to feel threatened.
I agree. We never leash our dog on our property, but always do off our lot. That should be acceptable to everyone.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliedog1950 View Post
Be careful, yesterday my wife took our Sheltie outside about 9 a.m. Our dog watched as a husband and wife walked along the sidewalk on Moyer loop just south of Pine Ridge Pool.
Our dog is very gentle, does not bark and loves both dogs and humans. The man asked my wife to call our dog so he would not be near him and his wife.
The man then proceeded to walk onto our lawn and kick our dog and actually knocked him over. Our dog is 40 lbs. Of course my wife told him off and his reply was "Get it now!, we hate dogs!"
Lucky I was not there, watch out for this couple.
Why did the man ask your wife to call the dog so that he and his wife would not be near him or his wife? did your wife call the dog? did the dog respond? Was the dog on a leash? did the dog try and approach the couple?

I ask this because that statement does not square with the rest of the story. if the man wanted the dog away from them both why would the man walk over to the dog and kick him?

This is not an accusation but an observation

I don't like dogs either but also get angry if they are abused
Old 12-06-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here2Stay View Post
How sad, BUT I can promise you..kick my dog, and you will find yourself on the way to the ER room!
Or the morg? LOL
Old 12-06-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Testing one, two, three
The Villages Florida
I believe the OP.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:25 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Testing one, two, three
The Villages Florida
I also find this hard to believe...
Old 12-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

As my husband points out to me frequently when this forum upsets me. It is impossible to know whether anonymous people are credible and especially new anonymous people on a public forum.

But as for someone kicking a dog who was on it's own property here who was not misbehaving, It just doesn't sound right. People may not like dogs but they just don't go around harming them, especially senior citizens who have had the benefit of living long enough to simply know better. AND with all of the surveillance equipment around, it would be plain stupid as well as not normal behavior.

I challenge the credibility of the OP's post.

And Mr/Ms. Putnam (Who ISN'T the OP but a person who lives in the Northeast part of this Country). You live far away so you can't know that people know each other pretty well within the confines of a few streets over around here and those who don't know each other know someone who does know them. It is awfully hard to get away with anything so obvious and so awful. You would have to be stupid to try it.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-06-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:35 PM
fw102807

The OP's only other post said he bought a house in Duval

Last edited by fw102807; 12-06-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliedog1950 View Post
Be careful, yesterday my wife took our Sheltie outside about 9 a.m. Our dog watched as a husband and wife walked along the sidewalk on Moyer loop just south of Pine Ridge Pool.
Our dog is very gentle, does not bark and loves both dogs and humans. The man asked my wife to call our dog so he would not be near him and his wife.
The man then proceeded to walk onto our lawn and kick our dog and actually knocked him over. Our dog is 40 lbs. Of course my wife told him off and his reply was "Get it now!, we hate dogs!"
Lucky I was not there, watch out for this couple.
If this happens when i'm present, the guy would be on the ground with a broken face and more.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
As my husband points out to me frequently when this forum upsets me. It is impossible to know whether anonymous people are credible and especially new anonymous people on a public forum.

But as for someone kicking a dog who was on it's own property here who was not misbehaving, It just doesn't sound right. People may not like dogs but they just don't go around harming them, especially senior citizens who have had the benefit of living long enough to simply know better. AND with all of the surveillance equipment around. It would be plain stupid as well as not normal behavior.

I challenge the credibility of the OP's post.
HI Gracie - Thank You, your most likely correct...
Old 12-06-2017, 03:42 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
You must be kidding? You think no such thing happened?
I will be happy to share the thought process that led to that post. I asked myself which is more likely to be true, that a person, without provocation, entered another's property for the purpose of kicking a dog who was minding its own business, or.....a person posted some bull**** on a forum. I went for door number two.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:57 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Well we don't know if the OP is sincere or not and quite frankly in my view it doesn't matter. In one post I questioned the inconsistencies. I am not going to waste my time as if this had the seriousness of the GOD question

TOTV is a passing of time info jokes, etc
Old 12-06-2017, 03:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

It would be really stupid to kick an unknown dog. You could loose that foot. Many dogs will defend themselves if being attacked.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Hmmmm
I double that.

Tags
dog, wife, dogs, ridge, man

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.