Transportation to Airport

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2017, 09:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Transportation to Airport

Does anyone know how reliable the Yellow Stripe van is going to the airport? Have any experience?
Old 10-05-2017, 09:34 AM

Call Tim 352 552 88367 cell 810 691 5085 He will pick you up at your house. direct run to the airport.Very reliable
Old 10-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Does anyone know how reliable the Yellow Stripe van is going to the airport? Have any experience?
I have used them since they started their business. Yes, they are reliable and they are on time and they get you there on time. BUT, since TV has grown substantially they are now picking up from one end of TV to the other and it is a real pain to have to sit through so many pick-ups. Plus, the last time we came home there were people going back to towns outside TV, also we had to meet another bus that was taking a couple to Ocala and that was more than frustrating.

So how much longer we will use them is up in the air. We may go back to a private hire car for quicker and more efficient service with less frustration.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

If there are two of you, Witte car service is the best at $85 a trip. Pick you up at your house at a time you choose; nobody else in the car. For return they meet your plane even if it's delayed. We've used them for years (was Charlie Witte, but he passed away, so now it's his wife Jane). They have several drivers, all reliable. Courteous, reliable, and private. Do a search for Witte on TOTV. I've posted Jane's phone number before. I don't have it right now.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaybee1 View Post
Call Tim 352 552 88367 cell 810 691 5085 He will pick you up at your house. direct run to the airport.Very reliable
Used Tim for a 1am (that's in the morning) pickup at Orlando Airport.....he was there waiting for my arrival.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaybee1 View Post
Kaybee please take a look at Tim's home phone number, the last five numbers cannot be correct. I would like to have his phone on hand

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

The airport van is reliable, but not the best option if you live north of 466. You will be one of the first pick ups going to the airport and one of the last drop offs from the airport. If you don't mind adding about an hour tour through the Villages to your ride the service is reliable. It's only going to get worse for the Northern residents as Fenny gets built out.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I have used them since they started their business. Yes, they are reliable and they are on time and they get you there on time. BUT, since TV has grown substantially they are now picking up from one end of TV to the other and it is a real pain to have to sit through so many pick-ups. Plus, the last time we came home there were people going back to towns outside TV, also we had to meet another bus that was taking a couple to Ocala and that was more than frustrating.

So how much longer we will use them is up in the air. We may go back to a private hire car for quicker and more efficient service with less frustration.
I stopped using them due to the reasons you mention. It was a good service but unpredictable.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:54 PM
Sage

Villages transportation. Pick up at your home if needed and transported to either Lake Sumter or Brownwood to catch the bus. Comfortable, reliable and always on time. We use them a lot. You can view their schedule on line.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:26 PM
Platinum member

Vinny's Car Service (Vinny Patterson), your house to the airport and back, no other pick ups. 352-205-6606
Old 10-06-2017, 06:08 AM

Will any of the above private services also drop & pick up at Disney World?
Old 10-06-2017, 06:42 AM
Veteran member

The Villages (logo) transportation is now $50 one way from Brownwood or Sumter. I think they will pick you up at your home in a separate vehicle and bring you to the two locations mentioned for $5. Tips not included. I took Village Vans and did have to pick up others and drop off others - wasn't that bad, for $40
Old 10-06-2017, 07:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
Will any of the above private services also drop & pick up at Disney World?
I believe I am correct in saying that if you get to the airport, Orlando airport, you can pick up a Disney shuttle bus right there. If I am wrong, someone please correct me!

When I have been waiting for the Village Van I see Disney shuttles in and out continually. You could also call Disney to see what you need to do to take one of their shuttles.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
The Villages (logo) transportation is now $50 one way from Brownwood or Sumter. I think they will pick you up at your home in a separate vehicle and bring you to the two locations mentioned for $5. Tips not included. I took Village Vans and did have to pick up others and drop off others - wasn't that bad, for $40
If I have the right provider... My wife recently used them and paid $35. I was unaware of a jump to $50. Even the web site still says $35.

The Villages Transportation | Our Services
Old 10-06-2017, 08:23 AM
Sage

We USED to like to take the Airport Van (Yellow Stripe) back from Orlando. The last time was late at night and we had to go to Fenney. The driver had only been there once before (via 301) in the daylight and the dispatcher directed her to use a different route. By the time we got dropped off just north of 466A we had toured for an extra hour. It was the last time.
Closed Thread

Tags
airport, van, experience?shrug, stripe, yellow

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.