Dog Parks are Re Opened....But

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2020, 05:43 AM

I agree with you!!!!
Old 05-12-2020, 05:58 AM
Default Played at the Briarwood executive course after supper. On hole # 7 tee box is next to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
So, as of today, The Villages Dog Parks have all been reopened from 7a to 8p. ALL dog owners are required to wear masks and social distance when in the parks. Here's the But, went by Mulberry this morning several happy dogs romping around and having a great time. I'm sure glad to be back and off the lease.

On the other hand, not one dog owner was wearing a mask and several where all gathered together talking. This is the same reason they closed the pools, because some entitled Villagers don't think any rules that have been put in place should apply to them.

Things are being done slowly and carefully to return to some sense on normalcy around here and now a few will screw that up. And when the parks are closed again because the rules are being ignored, they'll be the first to complain.
Played Briarwood executive after dinner. On hole #7 tee box could see the back side of the dog park. About a dozen people in carts letting the dogs run free and no social distancing. Nicely hidden from view of the cart trail. Also in the treed area by the substation were more free roaming dogs.
Rules dont apply to them or their furry friends.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
What genius made a rule for dog park enthusiasts to wear a mask as long as they social distance?
From what the original poster said, folks are NOT social distancing. How difficult is it to stay 6 feet away from those in your surroundings? Are people that oblivious?

Last edited by coffeebean; 05-12-2020 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I don't think I would use the word "genius" to describe the idiot who dreamt up that rule
Thin line between genius and idiot
Old 05-12-2020, 06:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom53 View Post
There's no mention of face masks is the dog park rules posted in the rec news.
Yup....no mention of wearing masks. That is why no one was wearing masks. I'll buy that. Let's hope people do the right thing going forward and do not congregate closely.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:16 AM
Default Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
What genius made a rule for dog park enthusiasts to wear a mask as long as they social distance?
The genius that understands public health.
See Vanity Fair, “If 80% of Americans Wore Masks, COVID-19 Infections Would Plummet, New Study Says.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
If you can’t get people to wear mask in grocery store what make’s you think their going to wear one out in the fresh air?
The three grocery stores I have been to lately have had only a couple of people not wearing masks. I was impressed to see that. Those stores are Colony Publix, Colony Walmart Grocery and LSL Winn Dixie.

Now back to the dog park discussion......................
Old 05-12-2020, 06:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam&rog View Post
Played Briarwood executive after dinner. On hole #7 tee box could see the back side of the dog park. About a dozen people in carts letting the dogs run free and no social distancing. Nicely hidden from view of the cart trail. Also in the treed area by the substation were more free roaming dogs.
Rules dont apply to them or their furry friends.
Are the dogs not allowed to roam free? When we had a dog, we brought him to Doggy Doo Run here in The Villages. Allowing the dogs to run free was the reason we brought him to the park. Our dog was an older Beagle and he would just walk around the perimeter of the park and sniffed the ground. I guess he thought that was his job.

Last edited by coffeebean; 05-12-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:28 AM

Where are the dog park police when you need them?
Old 05-12-2020, 06:52 AM

Unfortunately, even with the 6' rule, people don't comply, not because they are jerks, they don't comply because it's not natural and they don't think of it when in a social environment. And this is the problem. Look at Georgia, as of yesterday, since "opening" last week their infection rate has gone up 65%. That's the issue, people aren't doing on purpose to be rule breakers (at least most people aren't) it's simply unnatural, but unfortunately we WILL no doubt pay the price in a resurgence of the virus.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:31 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
The genius that understands public health.
See Vanity Fair, “If 80% of Americans Wore Masks, COVID-19 Infections Would Plummet, New Study Says.
Maybe the genius who wrote that opinion column about a "simulation" should read some actual science which tells us that 99.9% of covid 19 infections happen indoors.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...058v1.full.pdf

If I went inside buildings with other people, I would wear a mask. (haven't done so for almost 2 months)

Outside, the risk is very very low, no need for a mask as long as you stay away from other people. If you are incapable of refraining from getting up in someone's grill, you should probably wear a mask at all times.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:34 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

I'm surprised there's been no notices regarding the health of pets in these dog parks. They too can get COVID. It all seems to be mostly mild symptoms so far, but it still is a threat for them.

Can Dogs Get Coronavirus? – American Kennel Club
Old 05-12-2020, 07:55 AM

Take your solid waste home! That’s new, are there no longer waste contains in the park? That 😷!
Old 05-12-2020, 07:56 AM
Bikeracer2009

When I've gone to Walmart or Home Depot I've worn an N95 mask and gloves to protect myself. I see lots of shoppers not wearing anything and not social distancing. I've even see a few employees without a mask.

When I play golf I don't wear my mask and I do stay at least 6ft away from everyone else.

I weigh my risk and I make a decision based on that risk. From what has been posted on this site and on the internet the consensus seems to be that the viral load is substantially higher indoors in the recycled air and on surfaces not hit by direct sunlight. The wind and sun makes it harder to get enough of the virus intact to travel to you.

Those people seen socializing in the dog parks without a mask are taking a risk they're comfortable with. I'm not judging them. It's their choice and no, it doesn't affect me. Even if they're passing the virus around I still weigh the risk in a given situation. If the situation gets worse I'll evaluate the situation and weigh the risk again.

I'm not a doctor or expert so don't take my advice. This is just my opinion.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Thin line between genius and idiot
Actually it is a massively thick line...a minimum of 120 IQ points difference. The thin line is between genius and insanity.

Last edited by Rapscallion St Croix; 05-12-2020 at 06:12 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
parks, dog, closed, rules, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.