Dog poop

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladila2 View Post
Just turn the lawn sprinklers on...that'll stop them!
By the time we got to the sprinkler buttons they would be gone! I've decided to give The Villages a new motto.....instead of "The Villages, the Healthiest Town....or The Villages, the Friendliest Town.....it should be......The Villages, The Place For Dogs." There are more dogs than people here.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Gold member

Another thought - and no, I am not trying to defend dog owners who do not pick up the poop.

There are many wild animals around TV, sightings have been mentioned here on TOTV. When they do their business there is no "owner" to pick it up.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
Another thought - and no, I am not trying to defend dog owners who do not pick up the poop.

There are many wild animals around TV, sightings have been mentioned here on TOTV. When they do their business there is no "owner" to pick it up.
You took the words right out of my keyboard
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Sage

Well I guess that brings up the age old question "DOES A BEAR POOP IN THE WOODS" or just The Villages?!?!?!?
Old 04-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Default wild animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post

wild animals do not bag it and accidentlly drop it in the gutter or side walk.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Sage

The Villages is known as a pet friendly community. That's why we moved here. It's the only retirement community we could find that allows two dogs per household without size restrictions. I think people who dislike dogs have to be cognizant of that fact when they choose The Villages.

What a shame there are irresponsible people who fail to clean up after their pets. There is no excuse for that behavior. Or for people who go through stop signs or drive drunk or throw cigarette butts on golf courses or leave their grocery carts in the middle of the parking lot or .......... It's a darn shame there are disrespectful people in TV who impact the rest of us. Thank Heavens 99% of the people in TV are kind, friendly, clean and considerate of others.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I also take issue with "all dog owners" 'cause I have 2 very large ones and would challenge you to ever, ever catch me not picking up their stuff. Seems to be a hot topic that may be a result of the overflow of visitors the past few weeks that may not be picking up as they should. Darn visitors - dogs pooping everywhere, children strapped in like golf clubs in their carts - when will it stop!!!!
It is true there are most that pick up after their dogs. We like dogs and cant blame the dogs for their owners. The issue we have with it in discussions and sitings are even the ones that believe it is STILL ok to even use someone else's yard or public areas for their dog toilet. It is even more prevalent at dusk or night when they go out For their last time. We call them stealth poopers. Lol. Go to a dog park, or use your own yard. Walk around your yard/area until your dog is ready to go. We have seen where neighbors have a good size yard, but take their dog to the public area to go purposely. Why? What is wrong with their yard? Some of the corner yards look awful from the dog urine . Yes, it happens a lot in front of anyone. But enough said. Amazing the self-centered, selfish ones that think other's properties or public mail areas are ok for their dog because "the dog has to go somewhere". There... I feel better. Ahhhh
Old 04-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Some of you may take this lightly but people are finding dog poop on the golf courses, around postal stations , etc. There are a number of dogs roaming free. If it is not dealt with immediately and swiftly it is only going to get worse. Dog owners please keep it at home

We need dog ambassadors. Perhaps they can be an offshoot of community watch?
Old 04-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default Dog free Village

Just a thought: I've said this to friends and strangers---there is something for everybody in TV! BUT.....all this time I've been wrong. No dog free village. Just a thought----if a particular Village was designated as "dog free" (0wners/guests not allowed dogs) ----how fast would the homes sell?? Yep, then there would be something for everyone!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Bill!Popcorn STAT.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Gold member

Dog owners,You got to love them. One more time. Bought herelf a ice cream cone,sat in her cart and one lick for her,one for the dog,one lick for her,one lick for the dog.We sat there in amazement.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:59 AM

Amen !!! Well said !!!
Old 04-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Dog owners,You got to love them. One more time. Bought herelf a ice cream cone,sat in her cart and one lick for her,one for the dog,one lick for her,one lick for the dog.We sat there in amazement.
How sweet that the dog was willing to share. You never know where that owners mouth was.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
How sweet that the dog was willing to share. You never know where that owners mouth was.
I have to agree,that dog was smarter then her.

Last edited by Moderator; 04-06-2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: edited out comment directed at member
Old 04-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Sage

Rubicon - what specific courses are you finding dog poop on? I have never found dog poop on a course, but plenty of cigarette and cigar butts. Have never seen or smelled dog poop at our mail station and see plenty of folks taking their pups their for a walk, and where are all these dogs running free - never witnessed that one either.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.