Dog poop

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Can't imagine a dog living in TV that isn't on some kind of heartworm prevention meds. It's essential year-round in FL. Most vets won't treat your pets if they're not vaccinated, unless it's an emergency.

The good meds protect against the worms you are referring to as well as heartworms. Your chances of picking some kind of worms up at the mailbox are slim to none, I would bet. But I still say the most responsible thing is to have your dog do its business in your own yard.
I agree with you about using your own yard, but I would not trust my or my dogs health to what other people may or may not do, Just a personal view
Old 04-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I do always pick up my dog poop but I will consider this a real issue when all of the nasty smokers stop throwing butts in my yard and other areas as well as polluting the air in public places. Poop may smell but second hand smoke KILLS.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
I agree with you about using your own yard, but I would not trust my or my dogs health to what other people may or may not do, Just a personal view
Good point.

Also... I don't know about anyone else's dog, but I find mine ignores feces but will sniff every single urine mark he runs across. I have heard that they can pick up actual vaccine particles through doing this. I don't mind if he sniffs here and there (it's his walk too), but when we cut across the Tamarind Grove mailbox park, which is a thru street between Tamarind Grove Run and Ansley, I keep him out of the yard area. Plus it would take us an hour to get through there as he "gathers information."
Old 04-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Rubicon - what specific courses are you finding dog poop on? I have never found dog poop on a course, but plenty of cigarette and cigar butts. Have never seen or smelled dog poop at our mail station and see plenty of folks taking their pups their for a walk, and where are all these dogs running free - never witnessed that one either.
Bacall during February stepped in it
Old 04-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I am going to start a new thread that addresses the 99% of us dog owners who do the right thing and follow the rules.

This thread deals with the minority of don't care rule breakers that have dogs.

Congratulations to the 99% that are responsible dog owners that have to view the negative commentary that, as usual, is presented as though it was a general condition.

The majority looses another one!

btk
Old 04-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I am going to start a new thread that addresses the 99% of us dog owners who do the right thing and follow the rules.

This thread deals with the minority of don't care rule breakers that have dogs.

Congratulations to the 99% that are responsible dog owners that have to view the negative commentary that, as usual, is presented as though it was a general condition.

The majority looses another one!btk
Thank you, btk
Old 04-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Location: natives of La Porte, IN, moved here from central IN to Santiago via Country Club Hills

ditto, Thank you, btk
Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Sage

Woof, woof
Old 04-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I am going to start a new thread that addresses the 99% of us dog owners who do the right thing and follow the rules. This thread deals with the minority of "don't care" rule breakers that have dogs. Congratulations to the 99% that are responsible dog owners that have to view the negative commentary that, as usual, is presented as though it was a general condition. The majority looses another one! btk
Well said btk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The day will come when Croz will be too tired to go out with us. Until then, we accommodate him whenever it will be safest and most convenient for him to be with us. If he could at all be in jeopardy, we leave him at home.
I read the above posts to LolliPop and Biggins . They're both smiling and clapping their paws.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Platinum member

Y'know, there are a lot of places that don't allow dogs, maybe all the complainers would be happier in one of them.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Just a thought----if a particular Village was designated as "dog free" (Owners/guests not allowed dogs) ----how fast would the homes sell?
Well, that would really create a dog's breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
Y'know, there are a lot of places that don't allow dogs, maybe all the complainers would be happier in one of them.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post
So what should be done about these loose dogs?

Apparently you have never been to Sanibel if you think this is an undeveloped area. Don't know what is meant by "I think I believe you"

The dogs owners home is directly behind the corn toss boards at the Captivia Rec. Center, the second house from the corner of Charlotte Street. Go out and me them yourself instead of just posting. Dogs are canine animals not kids.

Of course no doubt they thought we were in the wrong for walking on the sidewalk thru the picnic tables and shuffelboard courts...I will carry appropriate protection going forward.

Please re-read my post as I said "if I lived in an undeveloped area south of 466a" never once mentioned anything about Sanibel.

If we would take the time to read and understand each other instead of jumping to conclusions maybe we would all get long much better.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Sage

I just returned home yesterday from a 2 week Caribbean cruise and I took tours of many of the Caribbean islands. It was amazing to see the differences between The Villages and life on these islands. No leash laws on the islands (and definitely not "Villages-style dogs") No purebred dogs to be seen and the mongrels were walking and doing their thing wherever they pleased. Also trash along the roadways no matter where you looked - like plastic bags blown into the fences, cans and bottles alongside the streets, and even plastic bags and cigarette butts blowing around on the beaches.

Sure the dog poop is disgusting - but compared to other places, there is so little to complain about here in the beautiful Villages. Let's keep it beautiful!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Please re-read my post as I said "if I lived in an undeveloped area south of 466a" never once mentioned anything about Sanibel.

If we would take the time to read and understand each other instead of jumping to conclusions maybe we would all get long much better.
"Jumping to Conclusions" soon to be an Olympic sport.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 04-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
I don't think the OP was complaining about dogs, but rather about the dog owners who are falling down on the job!
Surely most dog owners would not enjoy living where dog poop was everywhere, and/or growling unleashed dogs were approaching walkers out and about.

Or would they?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.