Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalibaba View Post
Because it's disgusting!
Just wondering...are you a dog owner?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Sage

Since it is Survey Time, it's a good time to talk about the need for additional dog parks in The Villages. We love the fact that TV allows two dogs per household without size restrictions. BUT, when large numbers of dogs are allowed in a community, there will be trouble if Dog Parks are not provided. In a Dog Park, where people are required to pick up after their pets, there are bins provided for the refuse.

If Dog Parks are not provided, people will make postal stations into a substitute. Or they will walk the dogs in their local neighborhood which has led to many threads about pee stains on lawns.

I suggest we ask for more Dog Parks on the new Survey. It will give dog owners a convenient place to walk their dogs. For non owners, there is also a benefit, pristine lawns with no stress.

We don't have a dog in this fight. We will continue to take our dogs daily to a private non-Village Dog Park. We pay a monthly fee for this amenity and we are happy to do so.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsned View Post
what is wrong with putting the tied doggie bags in the trash can at the mailboxes
Those cans are for recycle paper
Old 03-08-2012, 05:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Since it is Survey Time, it's a good time to talk about the need for additional dog parks in The Villages. We love the fact that TV allows two dogs per household without size restrictions. BUT, when large numbers of dogs are allowed in a community, there will be trouble if Dog Parks are not provided. In a Dog Park, where people are required to pick up after their pets, there are bins provided for the refuse.

If Dog Parks are not provided, people will make postal stations into a substitute. Or they will walk the dogs in their local neighborhood which has led to many threads about pee stains on lawns.

I suggest we ask for more Dog Parks on the new Survey. It will give dog owners a convenient place to walk their dogs. For non owners, there is also a benefit, pristine lawns with no stress.

We don't have a dog in this fight. We will continue to take our dogs daily to a private non-Village Dog Park. We pay a monthly fee for this amenity and we are happy to do so.
Sadly I do not think people use my front lawn as a doggie rest area due to lack of dog parks. I have yet to figure out why something I could never imagine allowing my dog to do do, is acceptable behavior to what appear to be otherwise nice folks.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Those cans are for recycle paper
I didn't realize the cans were for paper only. I thought they are general garbage cans. I'll have to look for a sign next time I'm at the postal station.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Sadly I do not think people use my front lawn as a doggie rest area due to lack of dog parks. I have yet to figure out why something I could never imagine allowing my dog to do do, is acceptable behavior to what appear to be otherwise nice folks.
I would bet you are not a dog owner. I always have my male dog relieve himself on my own backyard lawn. I have no idea why but I do not have any dead grass from the urine, anywhere on my lawn. I do always rotate the area where I bring him on his leash.

Even though I always have my dog relieve himself on my back yard lawn before our walks, he will always find just a little bit of pee left to pee on the neighbor's lawns. It's a male thing.

The two local dog parks here in TV are out of the question for my elderly 17 1/2 year old Beagle. When I took him there, the parks were littered with poop and he has a "thing" for poop if you know what I mean.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Gold member

And this just goes to show why this country is going to hell in a hand basket. Is this the thing you worry about the most? Some of you really need to get out more.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Protection Instructor
Retired Army Military Police Investigator - 20 years, 4 months, 13 days
Retired Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor
All skill is in vain when an Angel weewees in the flintlock of your musket.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Default Man / Dog in Glenbrook - No Shame

Just saw a dog yesterday squatting on the curb in Glenbrook, with a guy looking at the cars going by, and NO plastic bag in sight. After all this, I was shocked by his gall!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Sage
Default Just my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I would bet you are not a dog owner. I always have my male dog relieve himself on my own backyard lawn. I have no idea why but I do not have any dead grass from the urine, anywhere on my lawn. I do always rotate the area where I bring him on his leash.

Even though I always have my dog relieve himself on my back yard lawn before our walks, he will always find just a little bit of pee left to pee on the neighbor's lawns. It's a male thing.

The two local dog parks here in TV are out of the question for my elderly 17 1/2 year old Beagle. When I took him there, the parks were littered with poop and he has a "thing" for poop if you know what I mean.
You would lose that bet, dogs have always been a big part of our lives and still are now. I do understand what you are saying, I can tell you love dogs and I do not wish to be argumentative, but I do wish to share how I interpret the bolded line in your post.
Even though I always have my dog relieve himself on my back yard lawn before our walks, I always allow him to pee on the neighbor's lawns.
IMO and based on all of our dogs through our lives, dogs only do what they are allowed to do, except when they are pups and still learning.

This is me after I post something like this: The Villages Florida
Old 03-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
You would lose that bet, dogs have always been a big part of our lives and still are now. I do understand what you are saying, I can tell you love dogs and I do not wish to be argumentative, but I do wish to share how I interpret the bolded line in your post.
Even though I always have my dog relieve himself on my back yard lawn before our walks, I always allow him to pee on the neighbor's lawns.
IMO and based on all of our dogs through our lives, dogs only do what they are allowed to do, except when they are pups and still learning.

Who couldn't just love your posts and listen to your reasonable statements.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
I didn't realize the cans were for paper only. I thought they are general garbage cans. I'll have to look for a sign next time I'm at the postal station.
There's no sign at the Lynnhaven Postal Station. It just seems to be a general garbage can.

I have seen the janitorial service pick these bags up around 9 p.m. at Lynnhaven and they just throw all the bags from the various stations at the Postal Station and pool in the back of a pick-up truck.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Veteran member

jsw gets out a bunch of dogie-bags & starts pickin up poop.... Sheeesh, there's alot of PooP in this thread, & I don't even own a dog!!!!!!! Oooo well, somebody has to do it
Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Gold member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by captg View Post
Is it true ? Dog;s taste like chicken ?
dip them in egg and bread crumbs and they fry up just fine, lip smackin good!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
I have yet to figure out why something I could never imagine allowing my dog to do do, is acceptable behavior to what appear to be otherwise nice folks.
Is that really any surprise when you have people like the Michigan woman who won one million in the lottery, and then made the statement "I feel that it's (to continue receiveing public assistance) okay because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay. I have two houses." Two houses and collecting public assistance??? Unless she is actively trying to sell one of the houses, I don't understand why she should be allowed to collect assistance! But that's yet another issue. Anyway, read more here!

Quote:
We don't currently have dog but we did have a German Shepherd several years ago. We never once intentionally allowed Sheena to go onto the property of another without their permission. Why do people think it's ok here in TV to do so? Would someone please educate me?
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Hey Topicop, sorry for the hijack

ajbrown ... I love your smiley .. I really wish the Admins would add it. I often feel like hiding under the bed after I post.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.