How many WOULD use Marijuana if it was legal

View Poll Results: Would you use MJ if it was legal both Federal and State.
Yes 26 32.91%
No 46 58.23%
Maybe 6 7.59%
Anyone have some munchies? 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2019, 08:50 AM
Default How many WOULD use Marijuana if it was legal

As a parallel to another thread that asked how many use pot, how about how many would?

Being in Florida with it's serious sentencing guidelines for minor infractions of pot, and being in the VA healthcare and "rumors" that a new policy of denying healthcare if your blood work shows evidence of using, since it is a Federal crime, we choose to not use MJ in any forms at the moment.

We believe the stigma is moral and economics and not that it is a dangerous drug. We, my wife and I, believe it to be a much more acceptable recreational drug than Alcohol and would use it in place of the occasional glass of wine if it were legal at the Federal and State levels.

How about you.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

My neighbor went to a doctor in Orlando, paid $250 and saw some fellow on a TV screen. Answered a few questions and now has weed delivered to his CYV legally by a dispensary in Lady Lake.

Could you qualify for a Florida medical marijuana card? What you should know

Sun Sentinel - June 20, 2019

More than 300,000 Florida residents have qualified for a medical marijuana card since the state legalized its use for certain health conditions. Do you think you might qualify?

Here’s some advice from certified medical marijuana clinics and doctors about what you should know before seeking a recommendation for medical marijuana treatment.

How do I find a certified doctor?
The state has made it simple: Go to the “Physician’s Search Tool” on Florida’s Office of Medical Marijuana Use site to find a doctor that has taken the state required training and is certified.

There are more than 2,300 Florida doctors in specialties including family care, oncology, gynecology and dermatology who are on the list, broken down by county.

There also are dedicated medical marijuana clinics that have certified doctors.

Still, further checking on the selected doctor is always a good idea.

The state site’s search tool will tell you whether the doctor’s license is “clear and active,” which means the doctor doesn’t have any disciplinary action or public complaints against him or her in Florida.

For a full search on a doctor practicing in Florida, go to the Department of Health’s site.

You also should consider how extensive of a consultation you want, because there are all kinds.

Do you want a doctor who will treat you on an ongoing basis to monitor marijuana’s effectiveness on your health condition? Or do you want the quickest path to a medical marijuana card? There are trade-offs that may involve costs and your health.

Dr. Anthony Hall, a certified medical marijuana doctor and neurologist in Lauderhill, says consumers need to be aware that a medical marijuana treatment appointment is for a “medical examination.” He says some people expect a five-minute survey and they’ll be signed up for a card.

“There’s going to be a full medical history and examinations. I look at images and lab results,” he says.

Dr. Paul Weisman, a former emergency room doctor who now focuses on medical marijuana treatment, says patients often look him up for help after they’ve obtained a card.

“I have tremendous amount of people call me after they’re certified. They didn’t know what to do,” says Weisman, a qualified doctor who provides medical marijuana treatment under the name of Concierge Cannabis Centers in Plantation, Boca Raton and Wellington. He also travels to some patients’ homes.

Weisman says his goal is to treat patients so they can live their “highest quality life."

Some patients find they are sensitive to THC, or or tetrahydrocannabinol — the chemical responsible for the euphoric sensation or “high."

“No two people are the same. And we change every day, from an additional injury or recovering from an injury or illness,” he says.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

As stated above, it is legal with a medical card.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
As stated above, it is legal with a medical card.
Actually it is debatable if it is legal, since it is still classified as a controlled substance federally.

In most cases Fed's look the other way in states with legal medical MJ or legal Recreational MJ. But, the fed's don't have to look the other way.

I prefer not to spend 5 years with free room and board from the state on the outside chance.

And for us, like I said, the remote chance the VA would kick us out of the system is even a worse risk. The VA healthcare system is fantastic and free (except for co-pays) and we would not risk that under any circumstances.

So, until the fed's change the federal law/classification we will not risk it.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:12 AM
Gold member

Been there, done that in the 70's. I wouldn't even if it was legal.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Not a chance for us.

Not a problem for others, Puff - Puff Away!
Old 10-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

No thanks.

If I am going to lose touch with reality then my choice is a good cognac and a cigar.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

No way! I will not take 'stupid or psychosis pills' either. Effects of Pot | Long-Term Effects of Weed | Dangers of Marijuana

Long-term effects of cannabis - Wikipedia

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 10-06-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

I have no interest in marijuana whether it's legal or not.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:44 AM

I was given a ration of crap on another thread about this subject. Fact is, pot makes you lazy and dumbed down. I've known many stoners over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2019, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Personally, I don’t like drugs in general except when absolutely necessary. The docs don’t make much money on me and I love my senses as they are.

I have tried to understand an addicted friend once by sharing and then I spent a whole week worried that I may never be the same again. That was enough.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Chicken Little

Reefer Madness 1936 - YouTube
Old 10-06-2019, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
No thanks.

If I am going to lose touch with reality then my choice is a good cognac and a cigar.
Kill brain cells and lung tissue
Old 10-06-2019, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Lots of dope heads and alcoholics around here and everywhere else so other than few that actually have medical need I’m sure lots would do if legal.

Course there are the potheads that going to do legal or not. Why it’s billion dollar business in USA. College party/dopers than never grown up.

When you think about the majority country has become weak whining enablers that can’t make it through day with out fix on something.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Kill brain cells and lung tissue
Not when done right (as is by most of us!!).

Cigarette smokers get enjoyment/satisfaction/hooked by inhaling and rotting their lungs......none of which is done or needed when enjoying a good cigar!!
Closed Thread

Tags
drug, healthcare, legal, federal, pot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.