heat

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Default heat

does any one in tv ever get tired of the heat thats there most of the yr.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Sage
Default Re: heat

Geez, i don't live there yet but 'heat most of the year'?

Currently the temp in TV is 75 with dry air and statistically it will be around that until next April. Seems better than my plight here in NE which is high no better than 45 degress (at best) until April!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Platinum member

Make me a full time resident and I'll let ya know. Wife loves the heat. I love shorts, T's, sandals. FISHING. As I'm typing this I've got 42 deg with windchill of 32. Yeah. Give me the heat. That's why they have AC everywhere you go.

Steve

;D
Old 11-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Banned

"H o t" is just a state of mind, while "s n o w" and "c o l d" are 4-letter words!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:20 PM

Heat is a small price to pay for all the fun we have here!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Veteran member

Hey I just came back from Villages 4 days ago.. South Bend Indiana sleet ice and 40mph winds. Can't wait to get back toTV

Old 11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUREK
Hey I just came back from Villages 4 days ago.. South Bend Indiana sleet ice and 40mph winds. Can't wait to get back toTV

I do not miss those Minnesota winters (I went through 5 of them) all that much either nor those in Wisconsin nor those near Itasca, Illinois. Suppose these are similiar if not worse than those in South Bend, Indiana?

The heat here in the Villages is nowhere near that of Las Vegas nor of the Phoenix area.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Gold member

I'll take the heat any day. That's exactly the reason we wil become full time villagers next week.

Personally, I can cool off (jump in the pool or shower, turn up the AC, have a long cold drink) :2cool: :2cool: far quicker than I can warm up( boots& mittens, stale dry air, bone chilly winds). > >

Besides for the next few months in TV it will be very pleasant, warm days and cool nights what more could you ask for IMHO
Old 11-07-2007, 02:46 AM
Veteran member

Hm-m-m. I'm sitting here in Sybericuse, NY. Snow is coming our way. We can't go down to TV until March. Hm-m-m.

Seriously, though, we were in TV in late May and again in August. Both times we were pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. The evenings cooled off and were just lovely. (Not that I don't just love the snow!)

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 11-07-2007, 03:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

HEAT ??? What heat ????
My other home is in Traverse City , Michigan and I looked up a web cam this morning and it was blowing freezing rain and giant waves crashing into the breakers . it was definetly IFR weather there and cold , cold, cold...
It was so nice to put on my shorts , get into my golf cart and go play golf with friends on a beautiful sunshiney day........Don't mention Heat in that tone..its what I've waited for for years......... excuse me while I take another sip of my saspirella.....

the luke warm FUMAR ;D ;D ;D ;D
Old 11-07-2007, 03:52 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady
I'll take the heat any day. That's exactly the reason we wil become full time villagers next week.

Personally, I can cool off (jump in the pool or shower, turn up the AC, have a long cold drink) :2cool: :2cool: far quicker than I can warm up( boots& mittens, stale dry air, bone chilly winds). > >

Besides for the next few months in TV it will be very pleasant, warm days and cool nights what more could you ask for IMHO
My sentiments exactly!
Old 11-07-2007, 01:29 PM

One gets up in one's a/c ed home. Drives around in one's a/c ed car (or on a golf cart). Plays golf in the fresh air. Eats lunch at an a/c ed restaurant. Has an afternoon nap in one's a/c ed bedroom. And after dinner, watches the news and the game in one's a/c ed living room ..... before an evening of sleep in one's a/c bedroom. Heat issues depends are your activities and if so, early rising can beat the heat.

M
Old 11-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Veteran member

We hope to be in TV next year! My third visit is coming up and we're very excited.

We visited TV last July. When we returned home (live in IL); it was more humid and much hotter than it was in TV, especially in the evening.

To reiterate -- heat! What heat! It's 35 degrees here today, gray and gloomy and cold!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Veteran member

Hey Punkpup when were you in Poughkeepsie?
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 11-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Gold member

Ounkpup and jtdraig where are you both from in Poughkeepsie. There is another couple from Poughkeepsie who bought a house in TV.

Maybe jtdraig you are the one. Are you a magician?

Hyacinth Bucket - sorry I am off the topic
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.