Dog Walking

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Dog Walking

Interesting comments about my solution of hosing down inconsiderate dog owners.

Go to "Do you speak up or ignore" Look at reply from Redwitch. I guess some feel thats a better way of dealing with it. Maybe so, but H2O doesn't have an odor!!

If you need anymore proof of some dog owner being inconsiderate-- pictures speak a thousand words. Good work, Jan.

( Redwitch, my hubby agrees with you)
Village of Hemmingway
Old 11-03-2007, 01:32 AM

one issue that i think is being missed is that pet droppings draw rats and that is a health issue. if you go on the cart trail or to the pool & postal enought you will see a rat or too , my wife had one run in front of her at the postal in liberty park this past wed.she made a call and you know how much good that will do . i seen a dead one today on the cart trail at the entrance to liberty park going to the tunnel. the rats are being feed by people with no class & no respect for there fellow village's . is it going to take one of these no class people catching a whipping to clear up this problem?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:37 PM

Plot Plan

I Think you read the wrong plot plan. you need to took at the one the bank or county has on file. It will show the area from the edge of pavement to your property line. Look at deed description of the number of sq.ft your lot is and match it up with plot plan.

DRD
Old 11-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdodge
Plot Plan

you need to took at the one the bank or county has on file. It will show the area from the edge of pavement to your property line. Look at deed description of the number of sq.ft your lot is and match it up with plot plan.

DRD
That is exactly the one I looked at.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Platinum member

I am a dog lover and have had dogs my entire life. I always pick up their poop. However, I have never had a dog I could depend on to pee or poop in once special spot. Sure we can try to get them to go before we leave our homes, but gee whiz they are dogs after all. As long as we are careful to pick up after them, can't our neighbors be a little understanding. That being said, we have NEVER EVER had a problem with neighbors. It's only in reading these posts, I am reading posts from people who don't seem to be too understanding toward pet owners. I would never ever live here if my dogs were not welcome.
Tampa, FL
Old 11-03-2007, 05:43 PM

Avista, your dog would never go on another person's property unless you ALLOWED him to do so. We are not stupid and think that the dog drags you onto the property where he has decided he will do his business whether or not you like it. Get real! If he/she runs out of time and must go, restrain him/her so that he/she does it in the street. Gee, girl, that is a no brainer. Lets stop putting the blame on the property owner who doesn't want your dog there. If you are unable to control your pet, you should not have a pet. It would appear that you never had a problem with other neighbors because they were too timid to let you know that you were doing wrong. Now you know.......
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Old 11-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista
I am a dog lover and have had dogs my entire life. I always pick up their poop. However, I have never had a dog I could depend on to pee or poop in once special spot. Sure we can try to get them to go before we leave our homes, but gee whiz they are dogs after all. As long as we are careful to pick up after them, can't our neighbors be a little understanding. That being said, we have NEVER EVER had a problem with neighbors. It's only in reading these posts, I am reading posts from people who don't seem to be too understanding toward pet owners. I would never ever live here if my dogs were not welcome.
So far my immediate neighbors in Lynnhaven have been very good to my dog and me. I have heard that other people with dogs have problems with their neighbors and vice versa-- i.e. neighbors without dogs having problems with neighbors with dogs.

I cannot get my dog to poop and pee in one specific spot. Seems that would take a lot of training. Dogs do not do litter boxes very well. I do not think dogs do it on the street all that easily either unless the street has some grass associated with it.

Does anyone want to see the Villages become just a place for cats?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Founder

My neighbors across the street walk their dogs around their own yard until the dog finishes. They, then, take the dog for a walk along the street. Their dogs, never, ever, not once (that I know of) defecate on the property of another person. It seems to me that is the way to do it. YES?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:23 PM

Talk Host: YES, YES, YES. Could you now convince some of these other people who think they have a right to violate the rights of their neighbors?
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Old 11-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff
Talk Host: YES, YES, YES. Could you now convince some of these other people who think they have a right to violate the rights of their neighbors?
I usually take my dog to the Doggie Doo Run Run in the morning to do his business and get some exercise. That's also an option. Unless it is raining, which should help fix any problem with dog pee hurting someone's lawn.

He often does not want to do anything when we first let him out on our own lawn first thing in the morning.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Veteran member

Sounds like this thread needs a little humor. Now this is a true story. We lived in Manlius, NY, a suburb of Syracuse. Our neighbor behind us had, we heard, trained his dog to urinate in the toilet. We all had quite a few chuckles about this rumor. The neighbor had a party and we were invited. In the evening when it got a little chilly, the party moved indoors. I couldn't believe my eyes when later, the dog came up to his owner with a begging look on his face. The owner picked the dog up and walked to the bathroom with half the guests following and he held the dog, (medium sized) over the toilet as the dog urinated. There can't possibly be another dog in the entire world that urinates in the toilet. End of story.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista
Avista,
You are a responsible dog owner. The point is, you clean up after your doggies. The blame is being put on the animal, when actually it is the owner who is at fault.

Any animal will do what they want, where they want no matter how many times you walk them around the yard, but if the owner doesn't clean up after their animal--that's being inconsiderate.

I don't have a dog (had to put one down several years ago--never got over it. Don't want to go through that again), but I love them. You are the neighbor I would like to have.
Village of Hemmingway
Old 11-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Platinum member

Thanks, Peggy. In fact we live in a courtyard villa because of our little dogs. However, we do like to take them for a walk occasionally. We try not to let them "go" in the front of neighbors yards, but I'm afraid occasionally it does happen. Like I said we pick up immediately. We love our little dogs.
Tampa, FL
Old 11-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdees
Sounds like this thread needs a little humor. Now this is a true story. We lived in Manlius, NY, a suburb of Syracuse. Our neighbor behind us had, we heard, trained his dog to urinate in the toilet. We all had quite a few chuckles about this rumor. The neighbor had a party and we were invited. In the evening when it got a little chilly, the party moved indoors. I couldn't believe my eyes when later, the dog came up to his owner with a begging look on his face. The owner picked the dog up and walked to the bathroom with half the guests following and he held the dog, (medium sized) over the toilet as the dog urinated. There can't possibly be another dog in the entire world that urinates in the toilet. End of story.
This thread needed that. Thanks, JJDees.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:12 PM

This is sounding very sad. We do not have a dog anymore but I would never treat an owner or their dog with such unkindness. Having said that, owners carry pooper bags and use them and please deposit them in your own trash when you get home. Not every dog can be so strictly trained to not defecate when out walking even if they did their business in their own backyard before the walk. This is making it feel as though THE VILLAGES isn't a very kind place to live underneath all that paradise talk or did someone already take a bite out of the apple?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.