doggie nuisance..

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2021, 05:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default Police next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianherlihy View Post
well we just have a new home the home next hoor has d dog and he barkes all day long and she takes him out to poop and du all om my grass i told her to stop and she told me to move
Pictures, video. Charge trespass. Claim you feel threatened, if you do and request restraining order.
Goes on and on, but you fight the bully or let them chase you out of your home. Video and security cams might be your friend when teamed up with law enforcement. A visit to an attorney might help too.
Old 12-04-2021, 05:54 PM
Sage
Default Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaj3459 View Post
Most dogs bark because they sense a threat. If they can “see” what it is that they are sensing is a threat and get eventually realize that the threat really isn’t a threat, they usually stop. This may be difficult given the fencing, but perhaps you and your neighbor can come up with some sort of “window” so her dog can “see” your dog and realize it is not a threat!
A threat is only one reason dogs bark. Sometimes it is for attention, anyone want to play, can I go out, can I come in, unrecognizable sound, playing with other animals. They even bark because they are bored or just to hear themselves. Once the dog knows you, don't be surprised if he continually "asks", play with me, I'm right here.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:15 PM
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSAREKEEPERS View Post
I don't know how often you go to play with your dog but you could explain to the neighbor that you would like both dogs to get along and meet each other. If they can meet & get along the next door dog might not bark so much when your dog is out.
Or...you could ask if it's OK if you call her when you know you are going out with your dog and perhaps she could keep her dog inside during that period of time. Bring a treat for the dog.
or...you could get some freeze dried liver treats and when the dog starts barking throw him a treat over the wall.
or ...if all else fails get a boom box and play something with a heavy bass next to the fence when you are out with your dog . That should annoy both the next door dog and the neighbor and maybe the message will be clear.
What a stupid idea!!! Have you ever considered that the dog next door may be allergic to the ingredients in the doggie treats and might just be a shock to their systems. How irresponsible...why don't you just shoot the dog and be done with it! The lawsuit will be forthcoming regardless.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:51 PM
Sage
Default Other than ridicule...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRN View Post
What a stupid idea!!! Have you ever considered that the dog next door may be allergic to the ingredients in the doggie treats and might just be a shock to their systems. How irresponsible...why don't you just shoot the dog and be done with it! The lawsuit will be forthcoming regardless.
Other than ridicule and belittling of one trying to offer kind and friendly possible solutions, what do you bring to the table to help solve the problem? Other than. "just shoot the dog and be done with it".
As to a commercial dog treat being a source of allergic shock that might kill the dog, I believe that highly improbable. You may not have noticed the nasty stuff dogs put in their mouths and eat, or sniff and snort, or roll in and lick. If all that doesn't get them, I doubt they have much to worry about from a milkbone.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:04 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,317 Times in 384 Posts

Dogs should be banned here. They cause too many problems in a retirement community.

For the most part, dogs are nothing more than loud, feces dropping public nuisances here.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:13 PM
Sage
Default About your tag line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Dogs should be banned here. They cause too many problems in a retirement community.

For the most part, dogs are nothing more than loud, feces dropping public nuisances here.
Just curious, what is HALAL?
Old 12-04-2021, 09:25 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,317 Times in 384 Posts

It os the Muslim version of Kosher.

What we need here in the Villages is Halal Chicken and Rice...with white and hot sauce.
If GracieGirl was still around she could explain it all
Old 12-04-2021, 09:40 PM
Sage
Default Thank you.

Quote:
It os the Muslim version of Kosher.

What we need here in the Villages is Halal Chicken and Rice...with white and hot sauce.
If GracieGirl was still around she could explain it all
Off subject of dogs, but wife and I love to experience food of other cultures. We will see where the nearest restaurant that servers food that follows HALAL guidelines and give it a try.
Thank you again.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We were dead set on buying a CYV in 2010. Our TV salesperson put us in one for our visit. I could hear the nice lady 2 doors down entire conversation every time she took a phone call.

People behind us had their TV on the lanai, no picture for us but we could hear every program they watched clearly. Those with doggie doors, have no idea how much their dogs bark. By morning 3 we were so glad our rep opened our eyes to CYV living. I would imagine many are quite, but didn’t want to gamble.
Wow, you could here that inside. What magnified hearing. So you think the back yard in majority where you spit out you’re back door without hitting the neighbors yard is much better. When I go outdoors I don’t expect the neighbors to be quite or lower there conversations just because I made my entrance outdoors.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:

Non dog owners should be banned here they cause too much trouble. We don’t get to make the rules do we. Plus, how can they ban dogs when the can’t even control age, renting, and rules the have on books now.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:22 AM

On the fur baby subject, people REALLY need to be very mindful of taking their babies out on a leash in crowded areas.

We saw a poor lady trip over the leash of a dog that was busy exploring all the sights and sounds of the farmers market in Brownwood yesterday. He zagged right in front of her between steps and when her back foot tripped on the leash she faceplanted without warning.

Sorry, but I just don't see the need to take an animal to such a crowded event given the fall risk factors for our demographics.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

2 of my homes were courtyard villas ,one which opened onto golf course and another regular home backed up to a wall , I can tell you I was extremely lucky not to have any type of noise ( lawnmowers on course didn’t bother me)but many of my neighbors did have problems with dogs and people, the sound amplifies in those enclosed villas. I realize now how lucky I was and if I had all those anecdotes from neighbors before buying my first CYV I most likely wouldn’t have bought one
Closed Thread

Tags
barking, doggie, neighbor, pup, living

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.