Dogs in Grocery Store

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2019, 09:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakerag Diva View Post
My husband and I were in Cracker Barrel recently. A couple had 2 small dogs under their table and were feeding them. I asked the hostess about the legalityofit and were told there was nothing they could do. The next time I see this in a restaurant, I will call the health department.
I would call them too if I ever encountered that situation. As others have said leave the dogs home!!!
Old 02-07-2019, 10:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
WRONG
Hm - I just checked the CT law and you're half-right. It's not a violation of the ADA to ask someone what service the dog provides the person on the other end of the leash. Rather, the question they are allowed to ask, is what services the dog has been trained to provide (whether it actually provides these services to the person on the other end of the leash or not).

In the state of Connecticut, the person with the dog is NOT required or under any obligation at all, to tell anyone what that dog does for the person. There is also no law regarding untrue claims. So even if I you asked, if I felt like saying "oh he's trained to handle seizures" I can be lying, and there's nothing you can do about it. You aren't allowed to require proof, and I'm not obligated to provide any.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I made a quick stop in Lowe's to get one bag of Black Cow for the lawn. I was in and out in 15 minutes. In that that short span I came across three people in the store with dogs. I just don't get it.
When our dog was a puppy (10 weeks old) 11 years ago, I used to take him into Home Depot in Key West. It was permitted and also advertised as being allowed. People in there loved him (of course, it IS Key West, a bit more laid-back...). It helped with his socialization and allowed him to be out with me instead of left at home in a crate.

I would never have taken him into a grocery store, but we did take him everywhere he was allowed when he was a young pup, just to get him used to different things.

Not so much anymore since he sleeps all day.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:07 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Dogs

[QUOTE=YouNeverKnow;1622058]Today in the Walmart Neighborhood Market in the Sarasota Plaza there was a man that had two dogs with him. These were clearly not any kind of service dogs as they had no identification and they were poorly behaved. One was in the child seat of the grocery cart and the other was hooked to the bottom bar of the grocery cart with a leash. He was in the check out lane and the dog tied to the cart was extremely hyper and bouncing around back and forth in the lane and tugging at the leash while the man was checking out his groceries.

Hi this is totally forbidden in many western states. It is so loose here, we quit cruise ships due to dog poop on the bed, on the floor, in the elevator and in the shower. It is also so bad now in some motels,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, crap in the corner, spots of pee etc.
Really loose here in Florida.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

[QUOTE=Brawnwy123;1623102]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow View Post
Today in the Walmart Neighborhood Market in the Sarasota Plaza there was a man that had two dogs with him. These were clearly not any kind of service dogs as they had no identification and they were poorly behaved. One was in the child seat of the grocery cart and the other was hooked to the bottom bar of the grocery cart with a leash. He was in the check out lane and the dog tied to the cart was extremely hyper and bouncing around back and forth in the lane and tugging at the leash while the man was checking out his groceries.

Hi this is totally forbidden in many western states. It is so loose here, we quit cruise ships due to dog poop on the bed, on the floor, in the elevator and in the shower. It is also so bad now in some motels,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, crap in the corner, spots of pee etc.

I hope you said something to him, I sure would have.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnwy123 View Post

My goodness, if you found dog poop in all those places on a cruise ship, that tells you how well they clean those ships. I wouldn't want to go on that cruise line for any reason!
Old 02-08-2019, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
My goodness, if you found dog poop in all those places on a cruise ship, that tells you how well they clean those ships. I wouldn't want to go on that cruise line for any reason!
I am skeptical CFrance. Some people enlarge things to make their point. I miss seeing Crosby. He and I are getting older.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:12 AM

Until ALL store managers "grow a set" and discourage the entitled jerks among us, we will just patronize businesses where we have not observed the critters. --Leave your pets at home!
Old 02-08-2019, 11:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am skeptical CFrance. Some people enlarge things to make their point. I miss seeing Crosby. He and I are getting older.
Well frankly, I had my doubts. I was trying to be subtle so I wouldn't get deleted!

Crosby bolted across the street yesterday to see a neighbor (who has treats, of course). Proving he's still faster than I am.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Gold member

Just came back from a shopping trip at Walmart on Wedgewood, of course there was an entitled one
pushing her pooch around in a cart in the food aisles!
What is wrong with these people?
I personally like dogs, but this doggy everywhere stuff is getting crazy!

Last edited by Fredster; 02-08-2019 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-08-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I made a quick stop in Lowe's to get one bag of Black Cow for the lawn. I was in and out in 15 minutes. In that that short span I came across three people in the store with dogs. I just don't get it.
I think it’s the owners that crave the attention not so much the dog. They start beaming and gushing about their “baby” when someone pays attention to it. These people take their dogs to the crowded squares, art fairs, stores, and even restaurants in hopes of getting someone to tell them how cute and precious their animal is. Most of us feel the opposite when we see them in these places that they don’t belong!
Old 02-08-2019, 01:25 PM

Bravo!
This should be done in all businesses and people would finally stop bringing these animals into places they shouldn’t be
Old 02-09-2019, 08:48 AM
Gold member

Read Heloise today
Old 02-09-2019, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow View Post
I think it’s the owners that crave the attention not so much the dog. They start beaming and gushing about their “baby” when someone pays attention to it. These people take their dogs to the crowded squares, art fairs, stores, and even restaurants in hopes of getting someone to tell them how cute and precious their animal is. Most of us feel the opposite when we see them in these places that they don’t belong!
You nailed it.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:40 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to the square

The dogs should be stopped at the door. PERIOD
Closed Thread

Tags
grocery, dogs, cart, food, leash

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.