Dogs in Grocery Store

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2019, 04:56 PM
Default Dogs in Grocery Store

Today in the Walmart Neighborhood Market in the Sarasota Plaza there was a man that had two dogs with him. These were clearly not any kind of service dogs as they had no identification and they were poorly behaved. One was in the child seat of the grocery cart and the other was hooked to the bottom bar of the grocery cart with a leash. He was in the check out lane and the dog tied to the cart was extremely hyper and bouncing around back and forth in the lane and tugging at the leash while the man was checking out his groceries.
I've seen dogs in Home Depot in carts and on leashes and other non food stores but they should not be allowed to take them into a grocery store where food is being sold! There are Florida laws restricting the presence of animals in businesses that prepare or sell or serve food and consequences for violating those laws.
People leave your animals at home when you go grocery shopping!
Old 02-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh
Default Dogs in super market

Leave your dogs at home period
Old 02-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

I agree 100%
Old 02-04-2019, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post

: bigbow:
Old 02-04-2019, 05:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post

: bigbow:

Sad to say it will be ignored
Old 02-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Platinum member

Does this Wal-Mart not have a “greeter”?
Old 02-04-2019, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Does this Wal-Mart not have a “greeter”?
No. It’s the grocery store.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:57 PM
Sage

I believe there's a sign on the wall next to the Cart "Garage" that says something about no pets in the store. I've seen dogs in there as well. People know better but push the envelope because they figure management won't say anything.

I'm amazed how people feel the need to take their pets EVERYWHERE they go these days. We've had pets in the past and generally they stayed home. So I'm not a "hater"...just don't care for people who don't use common sense.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:17 PM

I was in Publix and a man had a dog in the checkout line that was barking up a storm.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I believe there's a sign on the wall next to the Cart "Garage" that says something about no pets in the store. I've seen dogs in there as well. People know better but push the envelope because they figure management won't say anything.

I'm amazed how people feel the need to take their pets EVERYWHERE they go these days. We've had pets in the past and generally they stayed home. So I'm not a "hater"...just don't care for people who don't use common sense.
I so agree. And so do most people. People generally use common sense and that is the reason the exceptions raise eyebrows....which is in agreement with Billethekid's philosophy.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Veteran member

This whole dog in store, dog in church, dog in movie theater, dog in restaurant, dog in airplane, dog in… is totally out of control. Everyone wants to be PC and are afraid they are violating the ADA so everyone looks the other way. Some dog people, I have a good friend that is one, are completely clueless on the subject. But even my friend acknowledges when it comes to dogs she does not think rationally. A few years ago I got to watch a child bitten on the hand by a non-service dog (german shepard). The aircraft was boarding, the child was seated at the window on left side, the dog was at the window on the right side so child and dog were far apart. The dog literally bolted past his row, past the isle and bit the 6 yo on the hand – blood everywhere. Although it was on my airline, I still offered to be a witness for the mother. At least once a month I see a dog on leash at the airport pee or poop right in the middle of the terminal and the owner keeps walking. I don’t know when the madness will end.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
This whole dog in store, dog in church, dog in movie theater, dog in restaurant, dog in airplane, dog in… is totally out of control. Everyone wants to be PC and are afraid they are violating the ADA so everyone looks the other way. Some dog people, I have a good friend that is one, are completely clueless on the subject. But even my friend acknowledges when it comes to dogs she does not think rationally. A few years ago I got to watch a child bitten on the hand by a non-service dog (german shepard). The aircraft was boarding, the child was seated at the window on left side, the dog was at the window on the right side so child and dog were far apart. The dog literally bolted past his row, past the isle and bit the 6 yo on the hand – blood everywhere. Although it was on my airline, I still offered to be a witness for the mother. At least once a month I see a dog on leash at the airport pee or poop right in the middle of the terminal and the owner keeps walking. I don’t know when the madness will end.
It never will..
Insensitive people will only produce other insensitive people
You see moral decay grow year after year..Just look around the bubble no longer do you see or hear the slogan Florida's Friendliest Home Town Just hang on for the ride hope it last our life time
Old 02-04-2019, 08:14 PM

Wack-A-Doodle-Doo’s!
Old 02-04-2019, 08:56 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

This should be placed in "All About Pets"
You wouldn't stand a chance. 😁.
Steve
Old 02-04-2019, 10:54 PM
Sage
Default Here a dog, there a dog, everywhere a Dog dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
We were at Orlando airport and there were a few dogs around, one in particularly, was on a leash. He was walking behind his owners. He poops on the floor, everyone kept walking. There stood dog poop in the middle of the floor. It was gross. Our entertainment for the next hour was to see how many people walked through it with their luggage. Can you imagine dragging your luggage through it? It’s just disgusting. Somethings gotta stop with the dog thing. It’s outta control.
Closed Thread

Tags
grocery, dogs, cart, food, leash

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.