Dogs in Grocery Store

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Dogs

[QUOTE=YouNeverKnow;1622058]Today in the Walmart Neighborhood Market in the Sarasota Plaza there was a man that had two dogs with him. These were clearly not any kind of service dogs as they had no identification and they were poorly behaved. One was in the child seat of the grocery cart and the other was hooked to the bottom bar of the grocery cart with a leash. He was in the check out lane and the dog tied to the cart was extremely hyper and bouncing around back and forth in the lane and tugging at the leash while the man was checking out his groceries.
RESPONSE
We have had and we do like dogs, to a point. What gets us now, the folks who sneak them into motels. We find doggie stuff on the bed, in the hallways, and now in the elevators, gross. On Cruise ships, now, they allow mom to bring her dog on the ship. So now, dog crap in the shower, on the rug, the smell is strong on a ship, if you do not like the dog crap mess, then you can endure your trip with the staff deodorizing,cleaning and basically messing up your trip. On a recent Royal Caribbean cruise, the ladies brought their dogs into the dining room, let them sit on a chair and the wait staff could do nothing about it. So long Royal Dog ships.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:50 PM
Sage

I tell this story often. About a year or so ago we were flying for a visit. We were in the airport waiting area (which was crowded) and a woman near me had a cute fluffy dog on her lap. The carrying case was on the floor. I mentioned something about her dog and she said something to the effect that "Fifi, had such a hard time on the plane being in his case so next year I'm going to get one of those harnesses online that says he's a service dog. Poor thing shouldn't have to put up with it!" I so wanted to say something but there was something about her demeanor that told me "just keep your mouth shut"! You could tell that the dog was nervous (probably due to all the people milling around). I don't think we were on the same plane so don't know how things panned out for them.

My question is....when did it become a "thing" to need your pet everywhere you went??
Old 02-05-2019, 08:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

From what I've read the FDA strictly forbids animals in a grocery store or any establishment that prepares food. With the exception of service animals. Under the Americans With Disabilities Act emotional support animals do not qualify as they aren't trained to perform any service for a person. You don't have to confront the ignorant jerk that brings their dog into the store, just ask for the manager and inform them that you are going to contact the FDA and lodge a complaint. I love animals and have had many pets over the years but they have their place and it isn't anywhere near my food.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

Folks are going to hate me, but here I go. Leave your pets at home! People think their pets should go to the square, the restaurant, and now the grocery store. No!!! No one else loves your pets like you do! Leave them home! Nothing more annoying (or disgusting) than seeing someones barking animal in public. It is not a right, and it infringes on other folks rights.

OK, getting off my soapbox... but I'm really sick and tired of this kind of behaviour.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:17 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh
Default Dogs in supermarket

Maybe i missed it but i have not seen one post from a dog owner justifying taking their dogs out in public. So i have to assume they know it is not the right thing to do. So, why the hell do they do it.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Leave your dogs at home period
YEAH~~ WHAT HE SAID

:
Old 02-06-2019, 05:48 AM

We left a restaurant a couple of nights ago, and here's a little dog sitting in the front of an SUV staring at the restaurant. I do not understand a person that can't leave a dog home, but must take it somewhere and then leave it sitting alone in a vehicle/golf cart in a strange place while they go in and enjoy themselves for an hour or more. Some people claim that the dog is destructive if left at home alone; the answer is a roomy crate where their precious has water/food and familiar surroundings until they get back. If you can survive for over an hour in a restaurant or store without your "therapy dog", then you can survive the drive too. These people don't really care about the animal, it's all about them. Pets are not toys.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:07 AM
Default dogs

I find that some pet owners feel they are entitled to do as they darn well please. Entitled to do what they want regardless of rules they are breaking. Entitled to bring their pet wherever they want. Entitled to have them defecate on other peoples property. Maybe they should start a irresponsible dog owners club. I wonder how many would join.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:39 AM
Location: Brooklyn, Staten Island, Mount Hope, NY, Villa De Laguna

I see people driving their golf carts with one dog in the passenger seat and another in their arms. What if you need to get out of the way quickly. One hand on the wheel. Do you drop the dog or save your life?
Old 02-06-2019, 08:47 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

I was at market night at Spanish Springs last night and three times, three different dogs lifted their legs to the trellis posts. Excuse the pun, but this ****es me off!
Steve
Old 02-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

I have a concrete dog. I leave him home always. Best dog ever!
Old 02-06-2019, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I have a concrete dog. I leave him home always. Best dog ever!
Do you keep him under the eave?
Old 02-06-2019, 09:52 AM
Veteran member

Time to stop the Dog madness. Once again I report the story of the Big Lab taking a dump on the floor just inside the entrance of Bed,Bath and Beyond. Disgusting. A dog on a leash, got off a SW airline flight and proceeded do his business right on the floor at the bottom of the escalator in MCO airport. No, the owner did not pick it up, he ran outside with the dog.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
I was at market night at Spanish Springs last night and three times, three different dogs lifted their legs to the trellis posts. Excuse the pun, but this ****es me off!
Steve
I don’t blame the dogs, I blame their idiot owners!
Old 02-06-2019, 10:31 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
I don’t blame the dogs, I blame their idiot owners!
Oh I agree 100%!
Steve
Closed Thread

Tags
grocery, dogs, cart, food, leash

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.