Dogs in Grocery Store

Dogs in Grocery Store

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-08-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I made a quick stop in Lowe's to get one bag of Black Cow for the lawn. I was in and out in 15 minutes. In that that short span I came across three people in the store with dogs. I just don't get it.
I think it’s the owners that crave the attention not so much the dog. They start beaming and gushing about their “baby” when someone pays attention to it. These people take their dogs to the crowded squares, art fairs, stores, and even restaurants in hopes of getting someone to tell them how cute and precious their animal is. Most of us feel the opposite when we see them in these places that they don’t belong!

Old 02-08-2019, 01:25 PM

Bravo!
This should be done in all businesses and people would finally stop bringing these animals into places they shouldn’t be
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2019, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

Read Heloise today
Old 02-09-2019, 10:07 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow View Post
I think it’s the owners that crave the attention not so much the dog. They start beaming and gushing about their “baby” when someone pays attention to it. These people take their dogs to the crowded squares, art fairs, stores, and even restaurants in hopes of getting someone to tell them how cute and precious their animal is. Most of us feel the opposite when we see them in these places that they don’t belong!
You nailed it.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:40 AM

The dogs should be stopped at the door. PERIOD
Old 02-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the square View Post
The dogs should be stopped at the door. PERIOD
THAT is not nearly as simple as typing it.

This community is strongly pro dog and people vote with their feet.

Plus of course the real reason is that there are no laws to support expelling them.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
We were at Orlando airport and there were a few dogs around, one in particularly, was on a leash. He was walking behind his owners. He poops on the floor, everyone kept walking. There stood dog poop in the middle of the floor. It was gross. Our entertainment for the next hour was to see how many people walked through it with their luggage. Can you imagine dragging your luggage through it? It’s just disgusting. Somethings gotta stop with the dog thing. It’s outta control.
The dog owner was wrong but to find it entertaining to watch people walk through it with their luggage is just as wrong. I understand you might not want to clean the mess but as a decent human being you should've brought it to an airport employee to have it cleaned up.

Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
Soon to be in the Village of McClure
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011
Old 02-10-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnwy123 View Post
Hi this is totally forbidden in many western states. It is so loose here, we quit cruise ships due to dog poop on the bed, on the floor, in the elevator and in the shower. It is also so bad now in some motels,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, crap in the corner, spots of pee etc.
Really loose here in Florida.

I cruise often. The staterooms have been very clean. One time I did see dog (I assume it was dog) poop in the corridor. I told one of the room attendants, in minutes the poop was picked up and the rug steam cleaned.

This thread can go on and on but the bottom-line is the problem is not the animal. Animals do what animals do. The problem is 100% with the owner and their “tough s..t, I’ll do what I want to do” attitude. It’s more than entitlement, it’s pure arrogance.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:52 PM
Sage

Wink

Attached Thumbnails
therapy-dogs-jpg  
Old 02-10-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
"Comfort animals" are not service dogs. The general rule of thumb is: four on the floor, and kept to a short leash. If they're carried in, rolled in a stroller, not leashed, or on one of those expand-a-leashes, they are not on-duty service animals and not allowed in the store. It's illegal to require someone to produce proof that their animal is a service animal. However it is well within the law to require that their dog be a) leashed, 2) kept on the floor at all times, 3) behaved, and 4) in close physical proximity to the person at the other end of the leash at all times.

Since you don't even have to ask anyone "is that a service dog?" you bypass the potential for discrimination against the disabled when you tell the customer he has to remove his animal from the premises. If the dog is not behaving or disrupting business in any way, if the dog is not walking on his own, and not leashed, then the store manager has the absolute right to kick the dog and its owner out of the store.
Great points!

Tags
grocery, dogs, cart, food, leash