Dogs in grocery stores!?!

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2020, 05:36 AM

Are the animals wearing masks!! Dogs in stores are a risks to the patron and have a legal liability to the store owner, manager.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:50 AM

Lowe’s, Home Depot & TJ Max are also pet friendly. I would call or check the stores website before you go. A lot of stores are now becoming pet friendly.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:51 AM

And, yet, I took my puppy to the park near Hacienda Hills and discovered it is a “pet-free” park. Okay to bring the dog to the grocery store, but not to a park?!?! (Look, I get that people don’t clean up after their pets, and parks can get nasty ... just find the irony just a little too much.) I have a tiny little puppy who would fit in my purse, and because she is so young it would be so easy to bring her with me everywhere. But no dog of mine will ever be inside a store, restaurant, doctor’s office (yes, the doctor actually had her dog there every day) or even in the town squares. I love my dog but do not expect anyone else to have to deal with her. (Even though she is the cutest thing ever and everyone would love her!)
Old 07-05-2020, 05:52 AM

How can a 3lb chihuahua be of any assistance to someone?
Old 07-05-2020, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
In 14+ years in TV, and I shop at Publix, I have never seen a dog that wasn’t a service dog.
I have, several times, seen dogs that obviously weren't service dogs. Especially the ones riding in the lady's purse...
Old 07-05-2020, 06:12 AM

Indiana doesn’t alow it
Old 07-05-2020, 06:13 AM
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLedoux View Post
And, yet, I took my puppy to the park near Hacienda Hills and discovered it is a “pet-free” park. Okay to bring the dog to the grocery store, but not to a park?!?! (Look, I get that people don’t clean up after their pets, and parks can get nasty ... just find the irony just a little too much.) I have a tiny little puppy who would fit in my purse, and because she is so young it would be so easy to bring her with me everywhere. But no dog of mine will ever be inside a store, restaurant, doctor’s office (yes, the doctor actually had her dog there every day) or even in the town squares. I love my dog but do not expect anyone else to have to deal with her. (Even though she is the cutest thing ever and everyone would love her!)
There must be nearly as many dogs as people. Selfish
Old 07-05-2020, 06:14 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Most are comfort pets.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:19 AM

Quote:
In 14+ years in TV, and I shop at Publix, I have never seen a dog that wasn’t a service dog.
With all due respect, how can you say that you “ never seen a dog that wasn’t a service dog“? What makes you certain that they are teue “service” animals? I have members of my family that have had service dogs for more than 50 years. Never, to my knowledge, were they not able to go to a grocery store, restaurant etc. without their service dog. They were always able to be accompanied by someone negating the need for a “service” animal.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:25 AM

Some pet owners have no respect for other people nor the stores they shop in.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:28 AM

These type of pet owners are disrespectful and ignorant. What next? A monkey, a bird, horse, a peacock yes on and on and on. Where does it stop?
Old 07-05-2020, 06:38 AM

Pets are not allowed inside restaurants; I’m not sure why they are allowed in food stores. I have seen a cockatoo in Walmart, and a month later a squirrel on a leash in the grocery cart. Trained and Cert. Dogs are easy to recognize by their trained behavior. Dogs not trained are easily identified as well. People who have allergies are being ignored. Now people are being forced to ignore certain stores and call corporate bosses.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:41 AM
Default Substitute children

Welcome to TV where dogs are more important than people
Old 07-05-2020, 06:50 AM
Veteran member

They think they have rights. My wife was getting her nails done and a "woman" sat down next to her with a big cat in her arms. She complained because she is allergic to cat fur and the woman said it is a therapy cat. She told the owner either the cat goes, or I go.
Thankfully the cat went. The owner had ba--s. Keep your animals home where they are happy. I love dogs, I just don't like some of their rude owners. I have posted before about the lab who took a dump inside the entrance of Bed and Bath and Beyond. Disgusting. Don't tell me your animals are cleaner than some people. Lick, lick, lick. Sniff, sniff, sniff.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,556 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
I dont know which Publix you shop at but I would guess that 2 out of 3 visits to publix or winn dixie, I have to step around dogs. Service dogs and emotional dogs are not the same. Service dogs are trained and certified and well behaved and assist blind, deaf, or other physical issues. Emotional dogs.....,well......just go on line and write to a virtual dr saying that you have anxiety and walaaaa, a dog you can have. These dogs dont have to be trained, certified or friendly. Any old dog will do and thats the issue. 99% of the people with alleged emotional dogs are just dog owners who feel their dogs should be welcomed everywhere. I personally hate seeing them in stores, diners, etc. i think its unsanitary, unsafe and I shouldnt have to be subjected to them. The service dogs are welcome anyplace I go. They serve a function. Leave your little untrained emotional dog home
Closed Thread

Tags
dogs, dog, grocery, stores, wet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.