Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2018, 09:24 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Nope did not make it up. I knew what would happen ..like I said just making a statement.

Ridiculous taking a pet anywhere...get real. I'm waiting for someone to bring along their gold fish, gerbil, snake, rat, lizard..Get the picture.
Not long ago there was a guy and gal at Sumter Landing with a huge snake. For real......
Old 03-18-2018, 09:59 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Dogs in Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
In Public at Mulberry Grove on Saturday at about noon, dog walking down the isle, going from side to side sniffing everything. I mentioned this to my cashier and was told they were not allowed to ask or challenge anyone about the legitimacy of the animals purpose.

I WANT A SUPPORT LLAMA!
I think most reasonable people agree that dogs in public places have gotten “over the top”. Some are legitimate but some appear to me to be no more than a pet. I’m afraid nothing will change, and likely get worse, until there is some “Certification process” with a tag similar to a rabies tag to identify your dog as a legitimate trained service/comfort dog. I saw two dogs at church this morning. Church is for sinners and before we pass judgement perhaps they were there for a purpose. Just a thought.....
Old 03-18-2018, 11:15 PM
Veteran member

I am seeing dogs in stores, including the supermarket. Leave them at home. They are dogs, not babies.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:12 AM
Platinum member

I adore dogs. I have a grand dog that I spoil.

However I happen to have bad allergies that can be triggered by
dogs. Please do NOT bring your dogs into stores.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:40 AM
Veteran member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
To solve this. People without dogs should be banned.
God knows something is wrong with them.
Puleeze. . . don't ever lose your sense of humor (gulp).

But actually, I'm in agreement with you.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
In Public at Mulberry Grove on Saturday at about noon, dog walking down the isle, going from side to side sniffing everything. I mentioned this to my cashier and was told they were not allowed to ask or challenge anyone about the legitimacy of the animals purpose.

I WANT A SUPPORT LLAMA!
That is very true.
By law, they cannot ask.

However . . . you can!
Old 03-19-2018, 02:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
I like my dog enough not to stress him out dragging him through places he clearly doesn’t belong or truly welcomed. I suppose it’s how you’re raised. I don’t mind dogs in retail places I just don’t understand it. But here’s a big but. Anyone taking their dog to where I’m eating and I see or hear it I will politely tell the manager to have the dog removed or I’m walking out without paying for the experience I never wanted or expected nor should have to put up with because of some needy soul without a clue.

Other than at a McDonald's (or the equivalent), I feel the same way about screaming kids or kids running around and not staying in their seats.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:42 AM
Default Pets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Well, maybe he was asked to leave because the parrot used bad language.
Okay, stop me if you’ve heard this one - a rabbi, a priest & a minister walk into a pet store in The Villages....

LOL...
Old 03-19-2018, 07:32 AM
Sage

As I understand it, the ADA doesn't recognize "comfort" animals. They do recognize "service" animals. Establishments can ask if the "service" animal is required because of a disability and what services the animal is providing. If more establishments did this then perhaps the number of "pets" in stores would decrease. I can appreciate the fact that most businesses don't want to risk losing customers and I suspect that is why you don't see any (many) challenges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I think most reasonable people agree that dogs in public places have gotten “over the top”. Some are legitimate but some appear to me to be no more than a pet. I’m afraid nothing will change, and likely get worse, until there is some “Certification process” with a tag similar to a rabies tag to identify your dog as a legitimate trained service/comfort dog. I saw two dogs at church this morning. Church is for sinners and before we pass judgement perhaps they were there for a purpose. Just a thought.....
Old 03-19-2018, 07:54 AM

I too love dogs, but I would NEVER subject my pet to the noise, crowds, heat and no water that some others are willing to do! What’s the purpose? You’re no doing it under these circumstances to exersize your pet. Certainly not for socializing (situation is stressful and overwhelming for any pooch). No, it’s a selfish thing for the dog owner. Look at my large handsome dog behaving so well in such a public place. Or look at my cute little substitute baby in her stroller with pink ribbons in her fur. There are many varied themes to this, but the realization is that it’s not about the diog, it’s about the owner! The dog may suffer, but the owner has the spot light. Leave your pets at home if you truly care about them,
Old 03-19-2018, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
As I understand it, the ADA doesn't recognize "comfort" animals. They do recognize "service" animals. Establishments can ask if the "service" animal is required because of a disability and what services the animal is providing. If more establishments did this then perhaps the number of "pets" in stores would decrease. I can appreciate the fact that most businesses don't want to risk losing customers and I suspect that is why you don't see any (many) challenges.
The only service dogs IMO allowed any eating establishment are service dogs for the blind. Dogs in the square (area where the dance and stage are) should be no dogs allowed. Dogs have sensitive hearing IMO you're damaging your dog ears being that close to the band therefore again IMO should be animal abuse
Old 03-19-2018, 09:06 AM
Sage

Restaurants must allow service dogs. The service dog can perform any of a number of services and is not restricted to just seeing eye dogs. For example, the service dog could be pulling a wheelchair. This is federal law (ADA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
The only service dogs IMO allowed any eating establishment are service dogs for the blind. Dogs in the square (area where the dance and stage are) should be no dogs allowed. Dogs have sensitive hearing IMO you're damaging your dog ears being that close to the band therefore again IMO should be animal abuse
Old 03-19-2018, 09:39 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pting View Post
I too love dogs, but I would NEVER subject my pet to the noise, crowds, heat and no water that some others are willing to do! What’s the purpose? You’re no doing it under these circumstances to exersize your pet. Certainly not for socializing (situation is stressful and overwhelming for any pooch). No, it’s a selfish thing for the dog owner. Look at my large handsome dog behaving so well in such a public place. Or look at my cute little substitute baby in her stroller with pink ribbons in her fur. There are many varied themes to this, but the realization is that it’s not about the diog, it’s about the owner! The dog may suffer, but the owner has the spot light. Leave your pets at home if you truly care about them,

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-19-2018, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Restaurants must allow service dogs. The service dog can perform any of a number of services and is not restricted to just seeing eye dogs. For example, the service dog could be pulling a wheelchair. This is federal law (ADA).
Oh no, not the ADA again. Let's hope the Enrichment Academy (formerly The Lifelong Learning College) doesn't have to shut down because they are being sued by dog owners for not providing dog beds, cold water, and treats at all classes.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:32 AM
Sage

As far as I know, the ADA doesn't specify that dog beds, cold water, and treats need to be provided so I think we are OK. I assume you are fortunate enough not to suffer from a disability that requires you to rely on a service dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Oh no, not the ADA again. Let's hope the Enrichment Academy (formerly The Lifelong Learning College) doesn't have to shut down because they are being sued by dog owners for not providing dog beds, cold water, and treats at all classes.
Closed Thread

Tags
day, square, dogs, extremely, crowded

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.