Dogs In The Squares When Extremely Crowded

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2018, 11:19 AM

As a dog and animal lover, I 100% agree. I can understand companion and service dogs, but the squares do become very easily over crowded. Along with the possible stress on the poor animals, my daughter gets so excited to try and pet them(she knows not to bother working dogs), but a lot of time, unfriendly owners turn their nose up at her when she compliments their dog or asks to pet. It's sad

As far as businesses go, my mom had a dog that she considered her "service dog"(she was getting him licensed when she passed away) and took him everywhere. When my mom was sick in bed, we would trick him into getting up to go outside by telling him we were going to Lowe's lol! He loved going to visit Lowe's and riding in the cart, loved the attention he would get. And that's really the only time he would get out of the house, as he was always by my mom's side, would never leave her.
At appropriate businesses, totally acceptable if they're properly leashed or in the carts.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:25 AM
Veteran member

I am a dog owner and I was not a fan of the people with dogs in the parade. I watched as those dogs stood around on the hot pavement for over an hour before the parade and then another 45 minutes of walking during the parade. That pavement was HOT.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
To solve this. People without dogs should be banned.
God knows something is wrong with them.
Better yet
People who think and treat their pet as if being human should be examined
Old 03-19-2018, 12:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Better yet
People who think and treat their pet as if being human should be examined
I think you might be on to something.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:41 PM

Because it is a dog gone good place.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
I think you might be on to something.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:14 PM
Gold member

I was at LSL on March 16th ( the same day as the St Paddy Day's Day parade in SS) Uncle Bob's Rock Shop was playing.So, LSL was not as crowded as it would normally be for that band. Some woman thought it was necessary (or cute) to bring her dog on a leash onto the dance floor. Within a minute, some elderly gentleman almost fell over the dog. Not fair to the guests of the square or the dog ! Keep your dog off the dance floor !
Old 03-19-2018, 03:53 PM

Similar experience at Mt. Dora this weekend, it was equally packed, between the hilly roads, curbs, vendors, people were dog in strollers and YES-Backpack carriers it was not a good experience for the dogs or humans. I DID NOT SEE ANY PETS MAKING A PURCHASE! I agree, leave your pets at home, they will not move out because you left them for a few hours. In fact, they'll be waiting for you and love you unconditionally!
Old 03-19-2018, 06:53 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

I am deaf and yet do not like seeing deafies with their hearing ear dogs anywhere. They embarrass me as they abuse their rights to service dogs. I am thankful that the taxpayers no longer have to pay for their training.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:39 PM

I agree. I love my dog too much to stress her out like that. Most of them have their tails tucked under like they’re miserable.
Be kind to one another... Ephesians 4:32
Old 03-19-2018, 08:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I was at LSL on March 16th ( the same day as the St Paddy Day's Day parade in SS) Uncle Bob's Rock Shop was playing.So, LSL was not as crowded as it would normally be for that band. Some woman thought it was necessary (or cute) to bring her dog on a leash onto the dance floor. Within a minute, some elderly gentleman almost fell over the dog. Not fair to the guests of the square or the dog ! Keep your dog off the dance floor !
Reading through these posts, this was the first thing that came to my mind. The possible tripping hazard this may cause even for a younger person, let alone older people who already may be struggling with mobility problems.

The other thought I had was that even the gentlest animal can become agitated in a stressful situation. Consider someone accidentally stepping on a dog and the dog reacts, as one normally might, by attempting to bite the person.

To me this situation is an accident waiting to happen, not to mention the law suits that could ensue as a result of an unfortunate incident. It seems to me that keeping your dog at home, especially if the venue will be very crowded, would be the prudent thing to do.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pting View Post
I too love dogs, but I would NEVER subject my pet to the noise, crowds, heat and no water that some others are willing to do! What’s the purpose? You’re not doing it under these circumstances to exercise your pet. Certainly not for socializing (situation is stressful and overwhelming for any pooch). No, it’s a selfish thing for the dog owner. Look at my large handsome dog behaving so well in such a public place. Or look at my cute little substitute baby in her stroller with pink ribbons in her fur. There are many varied themes to this, but the realization is that it’s not about the dog, it’s about the owner! The dog may suffer, but the owner ha s the spot light. Leave your pets at home if you tru,y care about them.
Great post!

Please put your animal's needs above your own.

If dog owners are bereaved or otherwise lonely and consider dogs to be their family, there are still many other hours in the day to derive comfort and fun from their company.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:40 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
CISCO Makes a valid point...Better still call the Humane Society
25 year member. What would you like me to say to myself.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-20-2018, 07:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Unhappy Obvious

It is obvious that most of you did not live on a farm. Dogs are not people and to treat them like people is like someone treating people like dogs. They are not babies and do not belong in a baby carriage. This does not mean they should be treated badly..just as what they are. It is like pretending they are some type of human baby or baby doll. We had a ew dogs on the farm and they were well fed, had all the land to run and play, could work bringing in the cattle, etc etc. We did not bring them in the house for their dinner and we didn't ABUSE them by pretending they were some form of human being. We view it as sad for both the dog and the person when we see them being treated as some weird form of a human.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:26 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
These dog owners are simply " Clueless " . Somehow they seem to think that their priceless baby will be " Lonesome " without them... Get a life and grow up ...Leave Fido at home.

Footnote: When Square One Burger allowed Dogs on the patio I brought my Cat and Parrot sat down and was all set to order and was asked to leave...Go figure...making a staement.
That is very funny. But I would have argued. If you can have a dog, why not a cat (or parrot)? Poor management.

Last edited by Henryk; 03-20-2018 at 08:32 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
day, square, dogs, extremely, crowded

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.