Dogs In The Squares When Extremely Crowded

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2018, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
It is interesting how especially in France, the home of gastronomy, that dogs are accepted. No bier garden in Germany is without dogs. BTW I love the town of Beaune - and the wines in the region.
It's really a quaint, pretty town. We've not been here before.

Crosby was sound asleep and seemed content, so he stayed in the room. Doing what's best from the dog's standpoint is our modus operandi.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
We just arrived in Beaune, France, on our way to Monpazier. With Crosby. No restaurant at the hotel, so we asked for some suggestions. Because they're so uptight in the US about dogs in restos, I asked of the concierge making suggestions, "Are dogs allowed?" he looked at me like I was nuts. "Of course!"

I don't recall ever hearing of anyone in Europe dying or contracting disease or anything else because someone took a dog out in public, or to a restaurant. People know if it's too hot or otherwise too unsafe to take their dogs out. It's no big deal to them. Our only problem is that the restaurants here are so small and the tables so close together, our golden is not too comfortable in them. We rarely take him. But we might tonight. Both the hotel and the city are new to him, and we've been in the car all day.
Well to begin with you are comparing one Country to another. Not fair comparison. Different laws, customs etc.etc.

Just because an animal is allowed in a Pub,Restaurant in England,France, Germany, Japan, Spain, India, Cairo, on and on doesn't mean anything here in the USA.

Stick to the comments posted by the original post.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Well to begin with you are comparing one Country to another. Not fair comparison. Different laws, customs etc.etc.

Just because an animal is allowed in a Pub,Restaurant in England,France, Germany, Japan, Spain, India, Cairo, on and on doesn't mean anything here in the USA.

Stick to the comments posted by the original post.
Ah-ha. YOU are the moderator. I had no idea.
dogs in restaurants - Bing images
Old 03-22-2018, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
It's really a quaint, pretty town. We've not been here before.

Crosby was sound asleep and seemed content, so he stayed in the room. Doing what's best from the dog's standpoint is our modus operandi.
Sounds really fun and Crosby must be a very well traveled pooch.

My dog would not like all the noise at the Squares but some canines might be used to such activities.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry Been There

I am very familiar with the French and their acceptance of dogs in restaurants, etc as I worked in France for awhile.. Before you accept it as a good thing you may want to consider that in some restaurants they allow the dogs to eat off of the same plates used for diners, although not really fun to talk about they actually smell in the restaurant where you are eating. In net it is not a healthy practice to allow the animal to share dining spaces. We had a dog for many years and loved him but did not lose track that he/she did not share the same health issues as a human.
I really like dogs but don't pretend they are human. Or worse, just because I believe they should do things does not mean they like to do them.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I am very familiar with the French and their acceptance of dogs in restaurants, etc as I worked in France for awhile.. Before you accept it as a good thing you may want to consider that in some restaurants they allow the dogs to eat off of the same plates used for diners, although not really fun to talk about they actually smell in the restaurant where you are eating. In net it is not a healthy practice to allow the animal to share dining spaces. We had a dog for many years and loved him but did not lose track that he/she did not share the same health issues as a human.
I really like dogs but don't pretend they are human. Or worse, just because I believe they should do things does not mean they like to do them.
I have never seen that in France and question whether the dog was up at the table licking off the plate or they put the plate down on the floor. Then ran it through their washing machine.

My answer to whoever said boo to comparing USA to France--that's exactly the point. Europe has been allowing it for years, with no problems.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Simple

It is simple that if some don't have a problem with Dog's feeding with them in restaurants then enjoy yourself but I would rather not "Dine" in a pound. Just to clarify it is not at all unusual for the restaurant to use "restaurant" dishes in France to put on the floor and feed a dog. To believe they are sterilized after the dog has eaten is sort of short sighted. But everyone to their own health rules and comfort when dining.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:42 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

They handle and sell unwrapped baguettes in France as well. I have watched them prepare food in exclusive restaurants in Paris, Nice and Bordeaux, arranging salads with their bare hands, perhaps wiping their hands on their aprons every once in a while, but not washing them or wearing hygiene gloves as most in food preparation now do in the US. People there see to have the sniffles a lot in winter...

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-22-2018, 06:58 PM
Veteran member

I have noticed on occasion that most dogs after doing their " Business " tend to clean themselves afterwards. That said I also have noticed that some owners will have absolutely no problem at all to smile and allow " Fido " to show his/her affection by licking their " Masters " face and other areas, and whomever else is in their vicinity including babies and others.

Once again leave " Fido " at home he/she really doesn't want to go out and hang out at wherever. BORING............
Old 03-22-2018, 10:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Once again, leave " Fido " at home he/she really doesn't want to go out and hang out at wherever. BORING.
Once again, each dog owner has to make the right decision for the dog and for themselves.
I wouldn't sit in judgement of anyone who wants to take their dog out in public.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:45 AM
Gold member

This thread is about taking a dog to a crowed town square!
If a dog owner takes their pet* to a crowded town square,
I personally don’t think it reflects good judgement!
*Non legit service dog.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:46 AM
Sage

Personally I don't think dogs and restaurants mix.

But a dog at a crowded square? If a well-behaved dog is on a short leash, and the owner is courteous and respectful of others...and stays off the dance floor...I don't see a problem.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Are Polar Bears allowed at the square? I hope so. If so how could a little pup be bad? For the OP to bring this up he must have witnessed something askew. I love dogs with all my heart but the owners are going to make decisions that are aggravating to those of us who know better. LOL. Some people may have never given the dogs side view of the Square and this post will save them from the punishment of going there again. Woof!
Old 03-23-2018, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Are Polar Bears allowed at the square? I hope so. If so how could a little pup be bad?...Woof!
Yes, I am allowed at the squares. And yes, my wife does keep me on a very short leash.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:13 PM
Veteran member
Default Pets in Square and restaurants

Quote:
These dog owners are simply " Clueless " . Somehow they seem to think that their priceless baby will be " Lonesome " without them... Get a life and grow up ...Leave Fido at home.

Footnote: When Square One Burger allowed Dogs on the patio I brought my Cat and Parrot sat down and was all set to order and was asked to leave...Go figure...making a staement.
I brought my Therapy Kangaroo to Square One, and they would not serve.
Closed Thread

Tags
day, square, dogs, extremely, crowded

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.