Dogs In The Squares When Extremely Crowded

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2018, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

In about ten days the squares won't be as busy as they have been during high season. I hope that people in my neighborhood will continue to walk their dogs so I can see them and pet them once in awhile. We have a new puppy one street over. Cute as Christmas.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmakrock@yahoo.com View Post
My dog is now gone but suffered from severe anxiety when left alone. I didn’t take her to restaurants but I did take her to the square. HShe loved it. I would take her in her stroller to events where there was lots of people to protect her. I always carried water for her. She never lit a cigarette outside the square to force others to walk through it to get in. This is suppose to be a dog friendly place is one of the reasons we moved here. We loved her dearly. She was our family. She never ran out in the square to dance not looking where she was going almost tripping older folks. She never whined and cried when she didn’t get her way.I love seeing people with their grandchildren , I never complain about it even when they cry or throw tantrums when I’m eating.so I think those who complain about our pets here should be quiet and quit judging others... you sound like a bunch of old people. Please find something else do
Dogs are ok, in my book, but dog owners lack common sense sometimes. It’s one thing to have to listen to a child crying while eating.
But did you ever have a dog poop in front of you while you dining on the veranda of Panera...not too appetizing.
Had that wonderful experience twice!
Ive seen many people use the town square as dog parks.
The dogs are not at fault it’s the inconsiderate owners!
Plus comparing granchildren to dogs is not a valid comparison, based on numbers alone!
Old 03-26-2018, 03:54 PM

I agree. There's a time and place to bring your dog out to places. Unless they're service dogs, don't torture them, especially in the heat.Go to the dog parks for them to run around and have fun! (But not in the high heat)!! I didn't mean you " should" torture service dogs! LOL I have 4 dogs so I do LOVE dogs!!
Old 03-26-2018, 04:48 PM
Veteran member

I think that The Villages should provide an area adjacent to the Town Squares where folks with Cat's, can feel comfortable without fear of them being attacked by dogs. In my case I have a Cat and Parrot ..

All Cat owners let's be United in this.

PS: I try to do all my shopping around his " Nap " times just so he doesn't get lonely.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:30 PM

GIVE IT A REST!!!! Dogs are more adaptable than people to surroundings. They need water in hot weather and how do you think dogs working in hot weather like herding and hunting dogs? AND they love doing their jobs. I agree that owners need to be respectable of others but dogs love being with their owners, leave them alone.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
I think that The Villages should provide an area adjacent to the Town Squares where folks with Cat's, can feel comfortable without fear of them being attacked by dogs. In my case I have a Cat and Parrot ..

All Cat owners let's be United in this.

PS: I try to do all my shopping around his " Nap " times just so he doesn't get lonely.
I asked our kitties and they said...........Are you kidding me? I don't want people looking at me unless they are bowing and serving me.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
Just Something to think about.
Some folks lost there significant other and a dog is there only companion.
As a prior dog owner they become your family and some people here that live alone, that may be there only family.
Just something to consider.

Yes, definitely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psa1000 View Post
Yes, definitely.

Well this has come down to the following - if you are a dog lover -which I am - you can never be convinced that your dog is a problem to others. If it is NOT illegal to walk your dog in public along the public portion of property then this can continue. If there are no laws against bringing your dogs to the squares as your companion, this too will continue. The only thing that will happen is continuous complaints by individuals that do NOT like animals and they have that right. There should also be some type of penalty if pets are not picked up after and pets should also not be walked on any private property. RESPECT OF EACH OTHER IS KEY.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:22 PM

Exactly... Dogs have feelings too !!!
Old 03-26-2018, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Fluffy isn't nearly as excited or thrilled about being stepped on or trampled...as you may think she is.

If there is a crowd or an event, fer cripes sake...leave her at home.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psa1000 View Post
Well this has come down to the following - if you are a dog lover -which I am - you can never be convinced that your dog is a problem to others. If it is NOT illegal to walk your dog in public along the public portion of property then this can continue. If there are no laws against bringing your dogs to the squares as your companion, this too will continue. The only thing that will happen is continuous complaints by individuals that do NOT like animals and they have that right. There should also be some type of penalty if pets are not picked up after and pets should also not be walked on any private property. RESPECT OF EACH OTHER IS KEY.

And considering the fact that this subject has been debated ad nauseum in the past, to no conclusion, I do believe someone was trying to start something.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
And considering the fact that this subject has been debated ad nauseum in the past, to no conclusion, I do believe someone was trying to start something.

Yes

Old 03-27-2018, 09:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Unhappy Speaks for Itself

These string of notes speak for themselves and should highlight how outrages a lot of dog owners are. Yesterday I went to the mail boxes and a guy was walking two large dogs and allowing them to use the area as a "toliet". Disgusting. I see a couple of owners in our area walk their dogs on the neighbors lawns and use them as toliets. Or the little child at the square crying as they were afraid of the dogs so the dogs took over the area while the child had to leave. Or how about the owner or renter who forces their dog on the neighbors by allowing them to bark or every time they see the neighbor they insist they admire the dog.
Condo Boards biggest issues are the 3 "P's", Pools, Poop and Pooches" I know as I was once President of a large Condo and you could always count on one of those being on the agenda.. A main issue was the dog owner's not considering the other property owner's when it came to the dogs vs the respect for other owners. Yes we had a dog for many (13) years and hopefully we never acted like some of the irresponsible dog owners I have seen in the area.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I don't think it was someone trying to start something. The OP is a very kind, and nice person, who is enjoying life in The Villages and was probably only musing about dogs in the squares. I have never heard him speak against pets.

We have a lot of pets in The Villages. I think that is so for a lot of reasons. Many people live alone for one, and the other is that many of us have always had dogs or cats and enjoy them. Most people who live here are responsible. Sometimes people who visit only, are in a vacation mode and forget that many people call this place home year 'round.

In a week or two, the population will drop all over Florida and the nine month "normal" will return. We love our visitors and we love when traffic drops.

Me and mine. We like pups and are owned by two kitties. It would be so much easier cleaning without them, but they are very loved....not as much as our children, but for Pete's sake don't tell them.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't think it was someone trying to start something. The OP is a very kind, and nice person, who is enjoying life in The Villages and was probably only musing about dogs in the squares. I have never heard him speak against pets.

We have a lot of pets in The Villages. I think that is so for a lot of reasons. Many people live alone for one, and the other is that many of us have always had dogs or cats and enjoy them. Most people who live here are responsible. Sometimes people who visit only, are in a vacation mode and forget that many people call this place home year 'round.

In a week or two, the population will drop all over Florida and the nine month "normal" will return. We love our visitors and we love when traffic drops.

Me and mine. We like pups and are owned by two kitties. It would be so much easier cleaning without them, but they are very loved....not as much as our children, but for Pete's sake don't tell them.
I have met the OP and agree with you. But this is not OP's first weigh-in on the topic. Enough with calling people out for taking their dogs out with them, already. I don't believe anyone in TV would willingly submit his or her dog to something that made it fearful or anxious. You don't know people's pets unless you've walked a mile in their paws.

Tags
day, square, dogs, extremely, crowded

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.