Dogs In Town Squares

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Platinum member

my posts are stuck on 422 ?

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevlaur View Post
Don't get your dander up but,dogs aren't allowed in the town squares (I thought) I feel for these small dogs walking around on a leash in the crowds, worrying when someone is going to step on them! Then there's the one that has an "accident"! C'mon folks let's leave Fido home so all can enjoy the entertainment! I'm a dog lover not a hater, so please don't interpret any other way!
You bring up a valid point and I'm sorry you're being shot down. Some of us will listen and respond appropriately.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Platinum member

When I called about my LSV
my 1st question was about pets.
It was made very clear.
PETS ARE WELCOME
I even took them into the sales office.
The Villages is still part of this free country.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Attached Thumbnails
image-jpg  

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,564 Times in 1,240 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Don't get your dander up but,dogs aren't allowed in the town squares (I thought) I feel for these small dogs walking around on a leash in the crowds, worrying when someone is going to step on them! Then there's the one that has an "accident"! C'mon folks let's leave Fido home so all can enjoy the entertainment! I'm a dog lover not a hater, so please don't interpret any other way!
I was kidding around in all of these posts on this thread previous to this one. I don't own a dog but many, MANY people do and they are allowed at the town squares and the reason for all of this kind of rude to a new person clowning around is that this subject is one that is brought up frequently and soon gets down to nasty remarks by both sides.

A huge majority of people own dogs here and they are allowed at the squares. I imagine that there is some risk to stepping on them or falling over them but I imagine that the owners are about as careful of them as they were of children if they had them.

I enjoy the dogs of The Villages. Some people don't. Apparently you like dogs too. I just read all of your posts and you are a dear, nice person.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
1st week Brownwood was open Lady walking her pet allowed to relive it's self on the leg of a new chair. Never attempted to clean it or wash it away with a cup of water.
Yes leave your pet home..Better yet pets please don't take your owner out
Not to "grab the spoon," but I have a better one.....wife and I are seated outside at Dominic's eating our meal, lady walks by on the sidewalk with little fluffy, little fluffy squats in preparation for a #2. Lady expeditiously, pulls out a napkin, cups her hands under fluffy's posterior and catches the prize!!!!

YUMMMMM, how appetizing for us!!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
Not to "grab the spoon," but I have a better one.....wife and I are seated outside at Dominic's eating our meal, lady walks by on the sidewalk with little fluffy, little fluffy squats in preparation for a #2. Lady expeditiously, pulls out a napkin, cups her hands under fluffy's posterior and catches the prize!!!!

Now that is one proactive dog owner!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,564 Times in 1,240 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Then there are the pamper blowouts in the family pools.

Something for everybody here.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

I will follow that up with a fork.
If I had a dollar for every time I have been blessed with a diaper swap I could buy a villa today in TV.
The best on ever was @ the Concert, done in the bleachers , and the diaper dropped below.

But then one is not to speak it.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Veteran member

there are so many dogs here. and their owners take them everywhere, in all sorts of stores, in shopping carts, in strollers, and in the squares and during the various craft shows and such. i am so tired of it. the incessant urinating, and such (I am referring to the dogs, not the owners). enough. one per household should be the allowed number, and no more messing wherever the owner thinks their pet can go. i do not care that you clean up the poop, crap on your own yard. thank you.....for letting me have my rant of the day!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
1st week Brownwood was open Lady walking her pet allowed to relive it's self on the leg of a new chair. Never attempted to clean it or wash it away with a cup of water.
Yes leave your pet home..Better yet pets please don't take your owner out
That's how we reserve our seats.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:

You will see it all. One night at LSL,vendor night. Dog takes a dump,with everyone around, she cleans it up,then brings out these these white wipes and using 3 or 4 of them cleans her dogs butt.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
That's how we reserve our seats.
I can't stop laughing...
Old 03-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Veteran member

How about bad dancers?
Old 03-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Platinum member

Is there any forum anywhere that has hammered the poop more than here.
WE should all get golden crap piles.
If someone ever says to you, you don't know Sh_ _
You tell them you live in the Villages.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I couldn't agree more, and I'm a dog lover, also. But amongst a big crowd of people is just not the place for your pooch, big or small. And I would never take my dog inside any kind of store or business, unless there was a sign displayed outside saying they are welcome. I wouldn't put an employee in the awkward position of having to tell me they aren't allowed. I guess I'm just not the "in your face, I'll do as I please until told otherwise" type.

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.