Our visit to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Default Our visit to The Villages

We just came back from our preview visit and we enjoyed it. Our sales rep is Jackie Murphy and she is just wonderful!!! The week goes by so fast. We were at the Squares every night, Lake Sumter Landing. We also visited Spanish Springs during the day. We drove around in our golf cart, ate, drank, and had fun. What a way to retire. I haven't even tried the rec centers yet, but had a tour of Summer Breeze. It was beautiful.

Just one question, I heard trains in a distance as I sat in the lanai of my preview cabana. What trains are near there? They sound like the Long Island Railroad in Long Island, NY, near where I live, but I know it is not that. LOL. Is that the Amtrack? Just curious to know.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Veteran member

I believe that the rail line is CTX that runs freight in the Eastern US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSX_Transportation
Old 05-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Gold member

The Videos below are of the tracks by Wildwood FL.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCXPvRpdfQY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vlHk3D2DJQ[/ame]
Old 05-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Gold member
Default Lirr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT View Post
We just came back from our preview visit and we enjoyed it. Our sales rep is Jackie Murphy and she is just wonderful!!! The week goes by so fast. We were at the Squares every night, Lake Sumter Landing. We also visited Spanish Springs during the day. We drove around in our golf cart, ate, drank, and had fun. What a way to retire. I haven't even tried the rec centers yet, but had a tour of Summer Breeze. It was beautiful.

Just one question, I heard trains in a distance as I sat in the lanai of my preview cabana. What trains are near there? They sound like the Long Island Railroad in Long Island, NY, near where I live, but I know it is not that. LOL. Is that the Amtrack? Just curious to know.
Hello fellow LIer we have a house on LI and one in Tall Trees. we can hear the train when it's very quiet, but it's not LOUD. I kinda like it-- it's a lonesome sound.
I hope you brought your check book-- you're gonna want to buy and be a Villager. Welcome
Old 05-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Sage

Quote:

It's hard to believe, but after a few weeks you won't hear those trains, because apparently you get used to them. When we first moved into Buttonwood and heard those trains I was concerned we made a mistake, but you'd have to point them out to me now to hear them. It's like a toilet flushing during the night, it make noise, but your mind is programed all your life to hear them and it seems normal and won't wake you.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
It's hard to believe, but after a few weeks you won't hear those trains, because apparently you get used to them. When we first moved into Buttonwood and heard those trains I was concerned we made a mistake, but you'd have to point them out to me now to hear them. It's like a toilet flushing during the night, it make noise, but your mind is programed all your life to hear them and it seems normal and won't wake you.
The trains do not bother me. I only heard them in the morning and it was kind of soothing to hear them. I been hearing trains most of my life. Figured they were freight trains.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I will second that. When I was 9 years old we moved to a house that was 100 feet from a railroad track. There was a train every night at about 10:30 PM and others during the day. The first month it would wake me every night (if I was asleep), but after that I never noticed it - and lived there till I went to college.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:

I assume that is the same Murphy that works with Bob Knorr. Great people and keep working with them, we can't say enough about either of them.

You made (or lucked out by getting them).

aj
Old 05-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Sage

Quote:

Thank you for posting yor experience. It was the same for me and I fell in love with TV and wanted to move immediately.

I stayed in a villa that I could hear the train and I was concerned about that.
I'm glad other posters have stated that train noise is a non factor after a while.

Many people have stated that anyplace in TV is a good place to live.

So glad you enjoyed your trip and I couldn't agree with you more in that it goes wayyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooo fast.

Last edited by 2BNTV; 05-22-2011 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Sage

Quote:

Glad to hear you had a great visit! I once lived in an apartment not too far from RR tracks. It wasn't close enough to be really loud, but close enough that you definitely noticed. I loved hearing the train whiz by and missed it for a long time after I moved away.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdeck View Post
I assume that is the same Murphy that works with Bob Knorr. Great people and keep working with them, we can't say enough about either of them.

You made (or lucked out by getting them).

aj
Yes I believe that is the same Murphy. She did mentioned a Bob to me one time. She is really nice and does not pressure you at all.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Thank you for posting yor experience. It was the same for me and I fell in love with TV and wanted to move immediately.

I stayed in a villa that I could hear the train and I was concerned about that.
I'm glad other posters have stated that train noise is a non factor after a while.

Many people have stated that anyplace in TV is a good place to live.

So glad you enjoyed your trip and I couldn't agree with you more in that it goes wayyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooo fast.
The train noise did not bother me. I just could hear it at a distance in the early morning while I sat outside on my lanai having my coffee and reading the paper. Nothing was shaking or rattling. It is the same noise I hear outside my house in LI. But I usually just hear the train in the morning when it is more quiet due to less traffic.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Default Jackie Murphy

Hi Tomcat! Jackie Murphy is our realtor as well. She is one great person to work with when thinking about a place in TV. Just helped us find a lot in Sanibel. Can hardly wait until our house sells and we can start building. Oh yeah, Trains? What Trains?
Old 05-22-2011, 08:17 PM

The RR track thru Wildwood was the route of the old Orange Blossom Special, made famous by the outstanding bluegrass (or country) fiddle tune. We're in St Charles and just enough train sound to be neat to hear.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.