Doing the Lifestyle visit next week!

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SookeyJo View Post
Hi everyone! We are coming down next week for a 5 day Lifestyle Preview visit. We are curious to hear how others enjoyed their visit and what made your visit the deciding factor for you to move there. What things did you do while visiting? We are so excited about this upcoming visit!! Any advice or tips you can give us will be so appreciated. Thank you!
Can't add to the great tips you've gotten about things to do during your visit. What did it for us was the affordability of homes and how well planned and organized things were, such as pools at rec centers, mailbox stations in each village. To be as large as TV is, everything is nicely dispersed so there are no mass crowds to get mail, or use a pool. When you add how friendly and helpful people were, you can't help but get hooked. The icing on the cake was getting to just about anything you need in a golf cart.

Enjoy your trip!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:38 PM

SookyJo,

Wife and I just returned from our LPP last week!

Looks as though Indy-Guy has covered mostly everything...wish I had seen it before we went down...although I don't think it would have changed our itinerary by much. It does, however, point out that the greatest source for you are THE RESIDENTS.

We wanted to see how my wife would be in a golf cart around in regular trafic as she is a non-driver...that looks to be workable.

Also we needed to get the "lay of the land" and that was accomplished by driving the rental car all around the various communities and even outside TV.

Make sure to leave time to "schmooze" in the pool, in the square, on the golf courses, at the bar. We were able to pick up several rental ideas that we may pursue next year while waiting for the right unit. (It is our understanding that the average villager makes at least one move again after moving down to TV! We need to avoid that at all costs!)

Driving down from Spanish Springs and into the newer communities will display for you how the designing of TV has developed over the years; it was a bit of a revelation for us!

The coupon booklet you get will give you a discount at the market for your $5 map and you should have one.

Get over, by golf cart, to GarVino's with your bruschetta coupon.

Don't bring the checkbook...too dangerous. Half kidding here, however our friends did not heed this warning a bought a new construction too quickly. In hindsight they would have preferred a pre-owned in a different area with certain amenities already completed...just food for thought.

We were not back in NY a proverbial NY minute then we wanted to go back down.

That community and those people are the way the world should really be.

Good luck!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanhoe View Post
SookyJo,

Don't bring the checkbook...too dangerous. Half kidding here, however our friends did not heed this warning a bought a new construction too quickly. In hindsight they would have preferred a pre-owned in a different area with certain amenities already completed...just food for thought.
Good luck!
But.....just in case you do find THE PERFECT LOT (as was my luck), it is a good thing to have that checkbook handy.
Enjoy, have fun...and do keep us posted.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi SookeyJo,
Indy gave you great advice.

As for "what made your visit the deciding factor," you'll see. It's not any one thing but everything. It's the people, the beauty, the squares, the community rec centers, the cart lanes, the neighborhood rec centers, the people, the pools, the country clubs, the oodles of fun things to do and the Kool refreshing drink served in a variety of flavors everywhere you turn.
As that kool refreshing drink flows into your mouth and quenches your thirst, it's magical quality will make you think of the palm trees blowing in the wind, the great music at the squares, the pristine streets and gorgeous flowers, the friendly people waving to you from their golf carts, the variety of restaurants and clubs and swimming pools filled with nice folks who will welcome you sincerely.

You won't be able to get if off your mind....and you will come back...just as we all did.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:02 PM

We were down for our Lifestyle visit in the first week of April. We loved every second. Get the $5 map as soon as you can. We spent our first half day on the golf car lost. But even lost on a golf cart in the Villages is paradise. Our agent (Jean Truax) was great, she got us the map which solved some of the problem but the community is so large we still spent time "exploring".

Swimdog, I'm surprised you bought a lot after 24 hours. You must not have much will power. We lasted 2 days before we opened the check book and put a deposit on a lot in St. James.

My advice, talk to people, get an ice cream cone, dance to the music, get lost on the golf car, enjoy youself. Like us, it could be the first day of the best part of your life.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:40 AM

A big, warm thank you to all for responding to my post! Your advice and suggestions were very helpful and will go a long way to ensure we will have a fun-filled time while we are visiting. We fly down tomorrow morning and we are so excited! So much to do!!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SookeyJo View Post
Hi everyone! We are coming down next week for a 5 day Lifestyle Preview visit. We are curious to hear how others enjoyed their visit and what made your visit the deciding factor for you to move there. What things did you do while visiting? We are so excited about this upcoming visit!! Any advice or tips you can give us will be so appreciated. Thank you!
We didn't do the Lifesyle Preview, but we rented a villa for the month of January. We explored a lot in the golf car (get the villages map which shows the golf car paths). Also, take the trolley tour. Check out the town squares... they have shopping, restaurants, and nightly entertainment. If you like chocolate, there is a great chocolate shop in Lake Sumter landing. We went to a lot of open houses (they have several spec homes open every day).
The villages is a beautiful place. Everything is well maintained, the golf courses are so scenic, and the rec centers are decorated to the nines. We learned how to play shuffleboard, and bocce ball (they had lessons at one of the rec centers); played some bunco, went to exercise classes, played some golf. We loved it, and went back home and put our house on the market.

If you are looking for a realtor, I'd highly recommend Tami Griswold, a village realtor. Even though we weren't in a position to buy during our visit, she was so helpful and took a lot of time answering my zillion questions. We went to the model homes, too. We ended up buying a lot last week. She is really a geniunely nice person who will go out of her way to help you.

I know you will enjoy your visit. You will wish you could stay longer.
Good luck and have fun!!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Default Take your time

Take your time. You will find what you want without rushing. When you find what you want talk to the neighbors. Find out what happens in your local area. I'm sure thousands of Villagers are happy with their lifestyle and don't live in an overly active neighboehood but a great active environment helps to make an easier transition.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:31 PM

The $5 map is a good idea. With 93 miles of golf car paths, getting lost is fairly easy but enjoyable.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.