New Shopping Mall??

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Default New Shopping Mall??

I've been hearing at the pool where there are plans to build a big shopping mall nearby. What I'm wondering is, is this going to be another strip mall or an actual indoor mall? No one at the pool seems to know! Another "talk around the pool" is they are thinking of building a monorail system from here to Orlando. Again, no one seems to know any details. Anybody have additional info? I kinda have to laugh at all these rumors. Everyone seems to have heard them but no one knows anything about them! LOL
Old 05-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Sage

This rumor keeps coming back. It's just a rumor.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 05-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

OP, you laugh and we all laugh at the TV rumors or gossip. The pool is a great place to hear them.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Veteran member

There hasn't been a new indoor mall opened anywhere in the US since 2006.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
There hasn't been a new indoor mall opened anywhere in the US since 2006.

I have no doubt that is true--it probably will be years, if ever again before we see another indoor mall built anywhere in Florida except maybe in places like Miami or Orlando primarily because of limited space to build-it is easier to go up than find space in some places. I wish the rumors were true though, love multi-level malls.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SookeyJo View Post
I've been hearing at the pool where there are plans to build a big shopping mall nearby. What I'm wondering is, is this going to be another strip mall or an actual indoor mall? No one at the pool seems to know! Another "talk around the pool" is they are thinking of building a monorail system from here to Orlando. Again, no one seems to know any details. Anybody have additional info? I kinda have to laugh at all these rumors. Everyone seems to have heard them but no one knows anything about them! LOL
At one time TV publicized that it might build a "large" mall west of Brownwood between 44 & 44A. Therefore, the source of the rumor. Those plans have changed - the north half of that area will be villas and the south half will be a strip mall anchored by Publix. Both of those projects are currently under construction.

The monorail system rumor is laughable. Do you hear about it in the paper or on television? No, only at the pool! Just look at the new SunRail system. We heard about it for many years (from reliable sources) before it became a reality.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:47 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
I have no doubt that is true--it probably will be years, if ever again before we see another indoor mall built anywhere in Florida except maybe in places like Miami or Orlando primarily because of limited space to build-it is easier to go up than find space in some places. I wish the rumors were true though, love multi-level malls.
Opening October 16, 2014 - The Mall at University Town Center

Check out the new University Town Center Mall in Sarasota, opening on Oct 16, 2014. The anchor stores for this very upscale mall will be Dillard's, Macy's, and Saks.

Anybody looking for a mall of this caliber should consider moving to Sarasota, or surrounding area.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:09 AM
Platinum member

I am sure there will be more shopping opening up along Hwy 44 eventually. I seems like a very attractive spot for retail stores. But it will not happen right away.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 05-12-2014, 08:40 AM

there is a space for commercial development in the new Wildwood Springs community. Maybe something substantial?
Old 05-12-2014, 10:30 AM

It's well known that major corporate decisions are always announced to random people at swimming pools. The demographics to support a major mall in this area simply are not here. It's not going to happen. Not now. Not ever.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.