Don't get it

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-25-2020, 04:25 PM
Chatbrat Chatbrat is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,412
Thanks: 0
Thanked 984 Times in 381 Posts
Default Don't get it

A person asks about Apex roofing & suddenly the post & reply disappears--would be great if the OP replied
  #2  
Old 01-25-2020, 04:36 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,671
Thanks: 3,660
Thanked 1,367 Times in 609 Posts
Default

Apex roofing

Early Happy Hour today?
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9
  #3  
Old 01-25-2020, 05:55 PM
asianthree's Avatar
asianthree asianthree is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennacamp, Fernandinia 2 Frogs
Posts: 7,141
Thanks: 19
Thanked 1,093 Times in 418 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Apex roofing

Early Happy Hour today?
It the new forum. Everyone one has noticed the posts disappearing, no happy hour needed.
__________________
Do not worry about things you can not change
  #4  
Old 01-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Moderator's Avatar
Moderator Moderator is offline
TOTV Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 21,839
Thanks: 16
Thanked 573 Times in 194 Posts
Default

The thread is still there, with replies in the Contractors forum. No conspiracy and no problem with the new format.

Moderator
  #5  
Old 01-25-2020, 10:44 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Sage
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bailed out of NJ after 68yrs and headed south.
Posts: 3,004
Thanks: 753
Thanked 1,903 Times in 781 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
The thread is still there, with replies in the Contractors forum. No conspiracy and no problem with the new format.

Moderator
Only problem with that is there is no "Your thread has been moved to the ?????? section." That option leaves a clickable link where it originally was to where it has been moved to. How is anyone to know that? Many moved threads could be in sections one would never have guessed as it's moderators "option" on where to move it. There is an option in this forum software to leave that message where the thread was originally located. Might be something to consider to use. That might be a reason why many threads in those inbound sections get no replies after being moved. Some of us don't read a combined list of every thread posted on the forum but just read 1 or 2 sections.
  #6  
Old 01-25-2020, 10:46 PM
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,373
Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 2,887 Times in 1,134 Posts
Default

Go to the 'Quick Links' button at the top of the page, and from the dropdown, click on "Today's Posts" and the latest posts will appear like in the past irregardless of the section.
  #7  
Old 01-26-2020, 07:20 AM
Bridget Eichaker Bridget Eichaker is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 155
Thanks: 6
Thanked 138 Times in 66 Posts
Default Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
The thread is still there, with replies in the Contractors forum. No conspiracy and no problem with the new format.

Moderator
Thank you moderator, I didn’t have a question but I must take the time to compliment you for replying
  #8  
Old 01-26-2020, 09:48 AM
Moderator's Avatar
Moderator Moderator is offline
TOTV Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 21,839
Thanks: 16
Thanked 573 Times in 194 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Only problem with that is there is no "Your thread has been moved to the ?????? section." That option leaves a clickable link where it originally was to where it has been moved to. How is anyone to know that? Many moved threads could be in sections one would never have guessed as it's moderators "option" on where to move it. There is an option in this forum software to leave that message where the thread was originally located. Might be something to consider to use. That might be a reason why many threads in those inbound sections get no replies after being moved. Some of us don't read a combined list of every thread posted on the forum but just read 1 or 2 sections.
When a thread is moved, a PM is sent to the OP detailing the thread’s original forum and the forum to which it was moved. When any new posts are made in the thread, it will show up in New Posts and in Today’s Posts.

Moderator
  #9  
Old 01-26-2020, 10:11 AM
bagboy bagboy is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,883
Thanks: 164
Thanked 634 Times in 220 Posts
Default

I would never think to look for an Apex Roofing thread in Contractors...
  #10  
Old 01-27-2020, 05:33 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,763
Thanks: 306
Thanked 2,706 Times in 1,161 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
I would never think to look for an Apex Roofing thread in Contractors...
Isn't a roofing company a contractor?
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #11  
Old 01-27-2020, 08:25 PM
bagboy bagboy is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,883
Thanks: 164
Thanked 634 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Isn't a roofing company a contractor?
Umm, yes.
  #12  
Old 01-28-2020, 04:56 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Sage
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bailed out of NJ after 68yrs and headed south.
Posts: 3,004
Thanks: 753
Thanked 1,903 Times in 781 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
When a thread is moved, a PM is sent to the OP detailing the thread’s original forum and the forum to which it was moved. When any new posts are made in the thread, it will show up in New Posts and in Today’s Posts.

Moderator

Yes, I am aware of that. But others following the thread have no clue what happened to it and generally (unless your read ALL combined boards) never find it again and/or think it was deleted or just forget about it.
  #13  
Old 01-28-2020, 05:23 PM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,673
Thanks: 220
Thanked 903 Times in 368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Yes, I am aware of that. But others following the thread have no clue what happened to it and generally (unless your read ALL combined boards) never find it again and/or think it was deleted or just forget about it.
Unless they check “New Posts”, which I believe most people do.
  #14  
Old 01-29-2020, 05:36 AM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,763
Thanks: 306
Thanked 2,706 Times in 1,161 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Umm, yes.
I was being facetious with that comment and reacting to someone who stated they would not know to look in the CONTRACTORS section for a roofing company. LOL.
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #15  
Old 01-29-2020, 05:38 AM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,763
Thanks: 306
Thanked 2,706 Times in 1,161 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Unless they check “New Posts”, which I believe most people do.
I've never checked NEW POSTS. Doesn't that list all the posts on the entire forum? I'm only interested in new posts in the forums I read which are only a handful of what is offered on this site.
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
Closed Thread

Tags
great, disappears--would, reply, post, suddenly

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.