Don't let some of the threads keep you from moving to the Villages!

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Don't let some of the threads keep you from moving to the Villages!

Fran,

You, and many others like you, are the best thing about this site for us future Village People.

Without your honest answers and comments about things that I never thought of when considering TV, I truly feel I would be lost. When we visit again, we will look at the place a little differently. All I can say is "Watch out Village sales rep!!!"

Thank you

(Still wanna be a Village Frog!!!) :-*
Village of Hemmingway
Old 11-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Veteran member

Fran:

Excellent thread. I agree with you 100%. When I bought in TV 18 months ago I paid close to $200 to an outside firm to inspect my house. Can't remmember the company .He spent over 4 hours going over everything. To me all the items were very small ,however he turned in about 24 items that the homeowner took care of. Glad I bought I look at it this way, It's not the house its the people in TV . All the other things to do are just icing on the cake. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Old 11-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Four years ago I bought a COURTYARD VILLA.....I only found three minor things that I wanted corrected....It was taken care of immediately. (one item was I had the home prewired for a garage door opener....when I installed the opener , there were no wires coming out of the wall by the interior house door for the button,,,,I bring this up because they were actually embarrassed that it could have happened .....it was on the print but no wires.....they cut a small hole the size of a quarter and fished the wires out and repaired and repainted the hole , they apologized and fixed my other two small items on the spot.....I was very impressed.)..I loved the Villa and was very comfortable living there and my plan was to live as a snow bird on a 6 and 6 schedule........HOWEVER, What I didn't plan on was that that I didn't want to go home in the spring ....SOOOOO , Plan number two ,,We decided to move here full time and found a preowned home in Chatham ....I invited a friend in Michigan to come down to check out this house for me,( He was president of mich. home builders assoc. at the time,) He spent a few days with us and checked the house from stem to stern...( a lot of time in the attic) ...When he was finished he stated that not only was the house very well built with excellent materials but that the finish work was some of best he had ever seen ..........That was two years ago and we love the house , we love THE VILLAGES and we are here to stay,,,,I have more friends here in four years than I had back in Michigan in 60 years......Every day all we do is play, My wife even has me taking dancing lessons (which is one negative) so it isn't perfect but its darn close...
SO DON'T BE AFRAID TO BUY A HOUSE IN THE VILLAGES...iT'LL BE THE BEST INVESTMENT YOU'll EVER MAKE...( and I don't work for the Villages,,Matter of fact , I don't work for anybody.) Well except for vacuuming,and dishes and my own LAUNDRY ( well dammit , I don't like starch !!!!! :'( ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Old 11-16-2007, 11:23 AM

Fumar,
Do you live in the Courtyard Villa or the home?
We like the idea of a private backyard but also like the idea of a house.
Thanks,
Liz
Old 11-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Veteran member

Fumar, we are full time and live in a court yard villa. We love it. Two bedrooms, plenty of room for us and our dog, Babe. Love the yard and privacy and we bought a corner lot so we have a full yard. Loving life and like you, we have more friends now than ever before and are enjoying life!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.