Don't pay your SECO electric bill online

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Default Don't pay your SECO electric bill online

Received a letter dated 05/20/2011 from SECO advising me that on June 1 SECO will transition to a new computer system which will have an expanded menu that will allow me to manage my information more effectively.

I just logged in to pay my bill. I did not notice a great new web site but did notice that there is now a convenience fee of $3.75 to pay on line. Took me a while to find a stamp but SECO now will have to open my mail and deal with a check.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Veteran member

I pay my SECO bill online, but I do not do it through their website...I do it for free through my bank. My bank cuts a check and mails it to them. This way it is still free and I pay all of my bills online this way.

Frank
Old 06-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulfrank View Post
I pay my SECO bill online, but I do not do it through their website...I do it for free through my bank. My bank cuts a check and mails it to them. This way it is still free and I pay all of my bills online this way.

Frank
Same here Frank. Only have to hand write one check each month and that is to Doggie Doo Run. All else is thru web banking.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Sage

SECO does have a no-fee option for an automatic monthly payment via a bank draft:

http://www.secoenergy.com/pay_waystopay.html

Bill
Old 06-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Veteran member

It's great we all have options.
Personally I think it would be a pain to go to different websites to pay online when you can do all of your bill paying at your own banks website and "write" up to 10 checks at one time.

I also never do "automatic" payments.....just makes me feel out of control. I know some feel it is more convenient, but that is just out of my comfort zone.

Frank
Old 06-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Personally I think it would be a pain to go to different websites to pay online when you can do all of your bill paying at your own banks website and "write" up to 10 checks at one time.

I also never do "automatic" payments.....just makes me feel out of control. I know some feel it is more convenient, but that is just out of my comfort zone.

Frank
i pay some of mine thru american express. love those points!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:

Frank
We have all of our Villages bills on auto draws that we can. Mortgage, electric, all the stuff that comes on the amenities bills. Have had auto draws forever on everything we can. We can a copy of the bill and know well in advance how much will be taken out when. For us it is wonderful knowing things will be paid if we are out of town or a bill gets lost in the mail. In fact, that is why we started with the auto draws.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Default Options

I like the options. Some bills I pay automatically. Some through my bank. My electric bill is one of two that I like to look at and then pay direct. My point was that the service was free and is now $3.75. Many people would not even notice the fee. The fee is a gouge.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginians View Post
I like the options. Some bills I pay automatically. Some through my bank. My electric bill is one of two that I like to look at and then pay direct. My point was that the service was free and is now $3.75. Many people would not even notice the fee. The fee is a gouge.
they have six options and only three are with a svc charge. so use a free one and there is no 'gouge' !
Old 06-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Smile SECO payment using ebillxpress

This is the option we use to pay our SECO bill online (ebillxpress).

Pay online from your bank account using ebillxpress.
View, print and pay right online. No waiting, no stamps to buy, no added cost. Get the notification that your bill is due by email.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou and Carolyn C. View Post
This is the option we use to pay our SECO bill online (ebillxpress).

Pay online from your bank account using ebillxpress.
View, print and pay right online. No waiting, no stamps to buy, no added cost. Get the notification that your bill is due by email.
Another option is MyCheckFree.com
Old 06-06-2011, 04:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks for the notice. But this is not uncommon. They would prefer that you do auto draft so they put on fee on some other choices to force the issue. I've seen this many times. I auto draft everything that is monthly.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:23 AM

I hope they aren't also planning to charge for the monthly bank debit as well.
We may just be able to put the postal service back in business.
Quote:
Received a letter dated 05/20/2011 from SECO advising me that on June 1 SECO will transition to a new computer system which will have an expanded menu that will allow me to manage my information more effectively.

I just logged in to pay my bill. I did not notice a great new web site but did notice that there is now a convenience fee of $3.75 to pay on line. Took me a while to find a stamp but SECO now will have to open my mail and deal with a check.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.