Don't pay your SECO electric bill online

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Virginians's Avatar
Virginians Virginians is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 83
Thanks: 0
Thanked 29 Times in 7 Posts
Default Don't pay your SECO electric bill online

Received a letter dated 05/20/2011 from SECO advising me that on June 1 SECO will transition to a new computer system which will have an expanded menu that will allow me to manage my information more effectively.

I just logged in to pay my bill. I did not notice a great new web site but did notice that there is now a convenience fee of $3.75 to pay on line. Took me a while to find a stamp but SECO now will have to open my mail and deal with a check.
  #2  
Old 06-05-2011, 04:49 PM
faithfulfrank's Avatar
faithfulfrank faithfulfrank is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: from WNY, but now The Plantation in Leesburg
Posts: 795
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I pay my SECO bill online, but I do not do it through their website...I do it for free through my bank. My bank cuts a check and mails it to them. This way it is still free and I pay all of my bills online this way.

Frank
__________________
The Plantation in Leesburg, just south of you good people. Love being a Floridian!
  #3  
Old 06-05-2011, 04:53 PM
schotzyb's Avatar
schotzyb schotzyb is offline
Eternal Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Polo Ridge
Posts: 894
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulfrank View Post
I pay my SECO bill online, but I do not do it through their website...I do it for free through my bank. My bank cuts a check and mails it to them. This way it is still free and I pay all of my bills online this way.

Frank
Same here Frank. Only have to hand write one check each month and that is to Doggie Doo Run. All else is thru web banking.
__________________
Mississippi; Pennsylvania; North Carolina; The Villages (Polo Ridge) Keep it in the short grass!!!


Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
  #4  
Old 06-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Bill-n-Brillo's Avatar
Bill-n-Brillo Bill-n-Brillo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Granville, OH.....and TV snowflakes!
Posts: 6,909
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

SECO does have a no-fee option for an automatic monthly payment via a bank draft:

http://www.secoenergy.com/pay_waystopay.html

Bill
  #5  
Old 06-05-2011, 05:09 PM
faithfulfrank's Avatar
faithfulfrank faithfulfrank is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: from WNY, but now The Plantation in Leesburg
Posts: 795
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

It's great we all have options.
Personally I think it would be a pain to go to different websites to pay online when you can do all of your bill paying at your own banks website and "write" up to 10 checks at one time.

I also never do "automatic" payments.....just makes me feel out of control. I know some feel it is more convenient, but that is just out of my comfort zone.

Frank
__________________
The Plantation in Leesburg, just south of you good people. Love being a Floridian!
  #6  
Old 06-05-2011, 05:27 PM
red tail red tail is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rio Grande Designer Villas of De Laguna
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 40
Thanked 37 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulfrank View Post
It's great we all have options.
Personally I think it would be a pain to go to different websites to pay online when you can do all of your bill paying at your own banks website and "write" up to 10 checks at one time.

I also never do "automatic" payments.....just makes me feel out of control. I know some feel it is more convenient, but that is just out of my comfort zone.

Frank
i pay some of mine thru american express. love those points!!!!!!!!!
  #7  
Old 06-05-2011, 05:28 PM
ladydoc ladydoc is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BUTTONWOOD
Posts: 1,021
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulfrank View Post
It's great we all have options.
Personally I think it would be a pain to go to different websites to pay online when you can do all of your bill paying at your own banks website and "write" up to 10 checks at one time.

I also never do "automatic" payments.....just makes me feel out of control. I know some feel it is more convenient, but that is just out of my comfort zone.

Frank
We have all of our Villages bills on auto draws that we can. Mortgage, electric, all the stuff that comes on the amenities bills. Have had auto draws forever on everything we can. We can a copy of the bill and know well in advance how much will be taken out when. For us it is wonderful knowing things will be paid if we are out of town or a bill gets lost in the mail. In fact, that is why we started with the auto draws.
__________________
Chicago, Lincoln Nebraska, Rochester NY, SE Ohio, Oklahoma, California, New Mexico and BUTTONWOOD
  #8  
Old 06-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Virginians's Avatar
Virginians Virginians is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 83
Thanks: 0
Thanked 29 Times in 7 Posts
Default Options

I like the options. Some bills I pay automatically. Some through my bank. My electric bill is one of two that I like to look at and then pay direct. My point was that the service was free and is now $3.75. Many people would not even notice the fee. The fee is a gouge.
  #9  
Old 06-05-2011, 05:55 PM
red tail red tail is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rio Grande Designer Villas of De Laguna
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 40
Thanked 37 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginians View Post
I like the options. Some bills I pay automatically. Some through my bank. My electric bill is one of two that I like to look at and then pay direct. My point was that the service was free and is now $3.75. Many people would not even notice the fee. The fee is a gouge.
they have six options and only three are with a svc charge. so use a free one and there is no 'gouge' !
  #10  
Old 06-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Lou and Carolyn C. Lou and Carolyn C. is offline
Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Natick, MA
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile SECO payment using ebillxpress

This is the option we use to pay our SECO bill online (ebillxpress).


Pay online from your bank account using ebillxpress.
View, print and pay right online. No waiting, no stamps to buy, no added cost. Get the notification that your bill is due by email.
  #11  
Old 06-05-2011, 07:39 PM
FMF Doc's Avatar
FMF Doc FMF Doc is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 341
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou and Carolyn C. View Post
This is the option we use to pay our SECO bill online (ebillxpress).


Pay online from your bank account using ebillxpress.
View, print and pay right online. No waiting, no stamps to buy, no added cost. Get the notification that your bill is due by email.
Another option is MyCheckFree.com
  #12  
Old 06-06-2011, 04:22 AM
Russ_Boston's Avatar
Russ_Boston Russ_Boston is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Buttonwood
Posts: 4,847
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginians View Post
I like the options. Some bills I pay automatically. Some through my bank. My electric bill is one of two that I like to look at and then pay direct. My point was that the service was free and is now $3.75. Many people would not even notice the fee. The fee is a gouge.
Thanks for the notice. But this is not uncommon. They would prefer that you do auto draft so they put on fee on some other choices to force the issue. I've seen this many times. I auto draft everything that is monthly.
  #13  
Old 06-06-2011, 06:23 AM
Connie Cockcroft Connie Cockcroft is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Athens, PA 18810
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I hope they aren't also planning to charge for the monthly bank debit as well.
We may just be able to put the postal service back in business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginians View Post
Received a letter dated 05/20/2011 from SECO advising me that on June 1 SECO will transition to a new computer system which will have an expanded menu that will allow me to manage my information more effectively.

I just logged in to pay my bill. I did not notice a great new web site but did notice that there is now a convenience fee of $3.75 to pay on line. Took me a while to find a stamp but SECO now will have to open my mail and deal with a check.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.