Driver license for golf cart ?

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Sage
Default Driver license for golf cart ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
...The multi-modal trails are on private property and only cross public roadways for a tiny distance at Village entrances...
I'm no expert, but transportation facilities in TV are a function of the CDD's. I would think that would make them public.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeagle65 View Post
IMO a valid drivers license should be required for ANYONE operating a golf cart NOT on a golf course. Some stupid dickweed almost took us out this morning when my wife and I were on our way to play golf. He came speeding around a curve in the very middle of the UN-STRIPED cart path and had I not been alert enough to stomp on our brakes we would have collided. Maybe I should just get some of those Ben Hur hubcaps like the car in Grease had.
How do you know the stupid dickweed doesn't have a license?
Old 01-23-2015, 04:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I've almost been hit by the same dickweed on cart path corners. I bet he was running late for his tee time again.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:

I guess if a person had a license permanently revoked it had to be for something really bad or very repetitive. However, how does a judge think that taking a driver license away will actually stop a person from driving?
In Florida I believe that a license is permanently revoked after 4 DUIs or a DUI involving a fatality. I don't think that any Judge thinks that suspending or revoking a license is going to prevent a person from driving. He is following the vehicle and traffic laws set by the state legislature.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-23-2015, 06:16 PM
Veteran member

Or, he may have been driving faster than 19.9 miles per hour... Thus operating an "unlicensed motor vehicle"
Old 01-23-2015, 06:27 PM

Before someone posts "information" on Talk of the Villages they should do a little research. The person that was arrested was driving under the influence. Anyone over the age of 14 can drive a golf cart. Both my sister and her husband never had a driver's license and that was one of the reasons they relocated to The Villages. They each have a golf cart and are able to drive anywhere throughout The Villages as long as it is golf cart accessible. The article (if anyone is interested) is in the following:
http://www.*************.com/village...ign-golf-cart/
Old 01-23-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
Before someone posts "information" on Talk of the Villages they should do a little research. The person that was arrested was driving under the influence. Anyone over the age of 14 can drive a golf cart. Both my sister and her husband never had a driver's license and that was one of the reasons they relocated to The Villages. They each have a golf cart and are able to drive anywhere throughout The Villages as long as it is golf cart accessible. The article (if anyone is interested) is in the following:
http://www.*************.com/village...ign-golf-cart/
The story that you referenced is from last June. This thread is discussing an arrest that just recently happened.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:26 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I'm no expert, but transportation facilities in TV are a function of the CDD's. I would think that would make them public.
Nope, the multi-modal trails are all considered private property. Police have authority on them only for suspected drunk driving or reckless driving. That was asked and answered in some previous information given out by Janet Tutt.

There are stop signs where the multi-modal trail crosses public roadway at Village entryways. The police can ticket you for not stopping completely since you have gone onto public roadways at that point.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:59 PM
Sage
Default Driver license for golf cart ?

Quote:
Nope, the multi-modal trails are all considered private property...
EDITED: After reading Janet Tutt's July 6, 2010 memo.

It's clear from the referenced memo that the trails are owned by the CCD's. The memo also clearly states and makes appropriate references that the CCD's have no enforcement authority over the trails. However, enforcement and ownership are two separate things. Even without enforcement authority, ownership by the CCD's would make the trails public. CCD's are not identical to cities or counties off course, but they are local government entities.

Fully acknowledging my lack of expertise regarding CCD's, feel free to point out the flaws in my thinking.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:23 AM
Sage

The executive golf courses are also owned by the vccdd, but they are considered to be private property.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Just read of an online news paper that a villages resident was being held on 10k bond for operating a golf cart with a permanently revoked driver license.

Now it starts--a 14 year doesn't need a license, duh

Just met a person who is operating a golf cart because his license was revoked for medical reasons--guess he's in deep poop if he gets caught.

Fla statute states 14 year olds can drive golf carts, but if anyone drives a golf cart and caught on a public road, they need a valid drivers license, or be arrested.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.