Driveway damage from neighbor's tree

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Heck View Post
Most of your answers are humorous and made me laugh. But seriously, I understood to begin the process of having The Villages ok the removal of a nuisance tree, it begins with someone filing a complaint - I thought it was filed to some group within the neighborhood or district. I'm asking if anyone knows this process. I live in Belvedere.
I don't know which VCDD Belvedere resides but HERE is a link that will let you find/read the your District's regulations regarding tree removal. Also gives contact information.
Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 03-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Where do I file an official complaint about a neighbor's tree whose debris has caused our driveway to become stained when it lays on our concrete for too long? We recently had our drive stained professionally to keep it nice, and now it's looking worse.
Have you talked to your neighbor about your concerns?
Old 03-24-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I dont know why I'm surprised. My sister owns a ground floor condo. The pipes broke in the unit above hers and flooded her unit. It was my sisters responsibility according to law to fix her damage.
Joyce,
That does not sound correct. I sued my above neighbor for the same thing, I won, that was in Ft Lauderdale, back in 1997. Bill
Old 03-24-2015, 06:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
Joyce,
That does not sound correct. I sued my above neighbor for the same thing, I won, that was in Ft Lauderdale, back in 1997. Bill
Bill, I agree. I told her and told her. You can lead a horse to water, but (blah blah blah).
Old 03-24-2015, 06:46 PM
Eternal Member

Basically, it is the problem of the owner of the driveway. If a neighbor's leaves fall in your yard or are blown into your yard (back up North), you would not expect your neighbor to rake them up, would you?

Same here, the debris on your driveway is your issue to get off your painted driveway ASAP before it stains.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Veteran member

Never live any where that leafs have fallen in your yard from some one else's trees? They are yours to clean up.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Where do I file an official complaint about a neighbor's tree whose debris has caused our driveway to become stained when it lays on our concrete for too long? We recently had our drive stained professionally to keep it nice, and now it's looking worse.
What is falling on your driveway, leaves, acorns ,sap ?
Old 03-25-2015, 04:33 AM
Sage

What you describe is hardly a nuisance tree. Sounds like a normal, healthy tree. And you are responsible to clean what falls on your property.

You can trim branches that hang over your property, but not such that it damages the tree.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

No wonder I liked the country,
Old 03-25-2015, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Before we moved here year 'round. We returned from our snowbird months to find that our next door neighbor in Cincinnati had really cut at our huge tree and he said it was because it was blocking his satellite dish.

We did nothing. We filed no complaint. It looked like hell. Sometimes living peacefully is worth swallowing hard.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-25-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Before we moved here year 'round. We returned from our snowbird months to find that our next door neighbor had really cut at our huge tree and he said it was because it was blocking his satellite dish.

We did nothing. We filed no complaint. It looked like hell. Sometimes living peacefully is worth swallowing hard.
I would have 'trimmed' his satellite dish!
Old 03-25-2015, 08:07 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Have you talked to your neighbor about your concerns?
similar problem up north, neighbor had a tree that dropped all it's leaves and junk on my property.got a leaf blower and 'returned' all the foliage to it's original source.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The problem I see is that in some cases there are multiple trees on a street. When the wind blows, it can deposit leaves from any of these tree onto anyone's property. How exactly does one determine from which trees these leaves came?

There might be leaves from multiple trees on your property at any given time. Are you supposed to sort through them and return them all to each of your neighbors from whence they came?

Trees exist, they drop their leaves, (even when trimmed), their leaves blow in the wind. No one has control over where they end up.

Even if the person on whose property the trees wanted to take down the tree, it requires an act of congress in this area.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:41 AM

Really...pour gasoline on an irrigation drip line ???....Really ?????
Not only is that incredibly ignorant, it displays a definite lack of disregard for something that's alive.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:00 AM
Sage

Just curious, did he come on your property to do the cutting or did he cut branches that overhung his property? If it was the former and you did/said nothing then you are truly a better person than me as that would not have gone over well with me. If it was the latter then I would have been OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Before we moved here year 'round. We returned from our snowbird months to find that our next door neighbor had really cut at our huge tree and he said it was because it was blocking his satellite dish.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.