Driveway painting.

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Driveway painting.

For those that have lived in TV for some time, what has been your experience with driveway painting? How long does it last?
Old 03-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Platinum member

We have had ours for 10 or 11 years and still looks as good as new. Never any maintenance other than an occasional cleaning with a push broom and water.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:13 AM
Gold member
Wink Driveway Painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
For those that have lived in TV for some time, what has been your experience with driveway painting? How long does it last?
DO NOT have your driveway painted. I made this mistake. It has a limited lifetime, sometimes short, and will have to be ground off to apply other type of coatings. My neighborhood has dozens of painted drives that are fading and chipping away.
I have learned thru experience, the best application on the market is the liquid concrete application. It lasts a long time, has endless possibilities in design and never shows tire marks like the painted surface will do. I used Artisticrete but if doing it again I would without a doubt use Florida Deck. I have seen this companys work and it is outstanding.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:37 AM
Platinum member

To clarify, my driveway was stained, not painted. I could see if you just painted a driveway, it would wear away or chip off. But like I said, it is over a decade now and looks fine.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thank you for your in put
Old 03-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
To clarify, my driveway was stained, not painted. I could see if you just painted a driveway, it would wear away or chip off. But like I said, it is over a decade now and looks fine.
This is an important distinction. We are very happy with our stained driveway and garage from Cost-Less (three years last month). Our neighbor originally painted theirs and I am assuming did not do it correctly (DIY) as it began to come up. They had to get the paint ground off before they could get it stained by the same gents from Cost-Less.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:28 AM

Staining vs liquid concrete application. Which is better?
Old 03-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Gold member
Wink There is no comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrNancy View Post
Staining vs liquid concrete application. Which is better?
In my small neighborhood I personally can show anyone at least a dozen stained driveways that have serious problems. I can show anyone the several brick application driveways that have serious cracking of the thin pavers. The 2 inch pavers appear do be very good. The concrete applications that are several years old look as good as the day they were applied. The problem with staining is the age of the driveways, if a person waits a year or more before having the staining done, the concrete has absorbed a lot of contiminates from the weather and tires making the stain to not perform as well as a new and fresh driveway. I am sure Florida Deck would be pleased to show you examples of their work both with staining and liquid concrete. I am sure you would choose the liquid concrete application. I have no personal connection to Florida Deck, I am simply aware that they do quality work.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I appreciate all of the replies. We are in a CYV neighborhood where 51% of the community must agree to a paint/stain for the driveways. If it is approved, not everyone will color their drive. I'm not certain how this will look. Does anyone live in a CYV neighborhood with colored drive ways?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Sage

Can the concrete application go directly over a stained or painted driveway or does it still need to be ground off?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Gold member
Smile painted or stained driveway

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Can the concrete application go directly over a stained or painted driveway or does it still need to be ground off?
A stained driveway with sealer must be removed by grinding before any other application can be applied.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Gold member
Smile villa painted driveways

Quote:
I appreciate all of the replies. We are in a CYV neighborhood where 51% of the community must agree to a paint/stain for the driveways. If it is approved, not everyone will color their drive. I'm not certain how this will look. Does anyone live in a CYV neighborhood with colored drive ways?
I am familiar of only one villa neighborhood that has stained driveways. Only two have been done, and the color is nearly the same as the original concrete and has no creative design what so ever. To me it looks like a job gone bad.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I am familiar of only one villa neighborhood that has stained driveways. Only two have been done, and the color is nearly the same as the original concrete and has no creative design what so ever. To me it looks like a job gone bad.
It sounds like you are describing the villas at the end of Amaya. I talked to the driveway painter when the work was being done, he said the driveway could be done with one color with no design and behind the villa, behind the gate designs were allowed.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Default Tele # for Florida Deck ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
In my small neighborhood I personally can show anyone at least a dozen stained driveways that have serious problems. I can show anyone the several brick application driveways that have serious cracking of the thin pavers. The 2 inch pavers appear do be very good. The concrete applications that are several years old look as good as the day they were applied. The problem with staining is the age of the driveways, if a person waits a year or more before having the staining done, the concrete has absorbed a lot of contiminates from the weather and tires making the stain to not perform as well as a new and fresh driveway. I am sure Florida Deck would be pleased to show you examples of their work both with staining and liquid concrete. I am sure you would choose the liquid concrete application. I have no personal connection to Florida Deck, I am simply aware that they do quality work.
Can you give me the telephone # for Florida Deck?
Old 04-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Gold member
Smile Florida deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houselover View Post
Can you give me the telephone # for Florida Deck?
Certainly!! 352-348-2150
352-561-0612

Best wishes.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.