Driveway painting.

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Veteran member

I know nothing about this. You never see it up north. We have looked at several "designed" driveways and liked the looks of them, but have wondered about many of the same things being discussed here. Besides trying to choose which way to go..what about selling your home? I'm guessing that a prospective buyer won't agree with your driveway color & design and want to pay less for it. Any thoughts on this? And..the last question..cost??
Old 07-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Sage

What exactly is the process of doing liquid concrete? Actually, I thought all concrete was liquid at some point. Does it come in colors or designs? How does this compare to the costs of other treatments?
Old 07-24-2013, 06:32 PM
Gold member
Smile My Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
For those that have lived in TV for some time, what has been your experience with driveway painting? How long does it last?
I suggest you to NOT use the paint or stain products. I have been thru several type of applications. I urge you to choose the liquid concrete application that several contracors are using. And my suggestion for a contractor is Florida Deck and Pool.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up Experience

We had our driveway done by Amy L.Newsom, Inc. (352) 308-7410. They did an outstanding job. They first ground all of the old stain off of the driveway and patio and then painted and then coated, etc. They were reasonable, were on time and great to work with. We had seen other driveways they had done and they were terrific.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Gold member

Look into pavers. The price is not a whole lot more.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
What exactly is the process of doing liquid concrete? Actually, I thought all concrete was liquid at some point. Does it come in colors or designs? How does this compare to the costs of other treatments?
Anyone know the answer to my questions?
Old 07-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Veteran member

Just make sure you are allowed to Paint your driveway, check your Deed restrictions. You could be subject to huge fines by the VCCD
Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Gold member
Cool Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
To clarify, my driveway was stained, not painted. I could see if you just painted a driveway, it would wear away or chip off. But like I said, it is over a decade now and looks fine.
I am convinced that staining is not the correct word , perhaps painting isn't either. When I thing of staining, I think of the stain penetrating what it is applied to... Staining should never chip or peel. In my neighborhoopd there are hundreds of "stained" driveways that are peeling, chipping and fading down to the bare concrete. Staining should not be able to be ground off, when I had the liquid concrete applied, the contractor did just that. My drive lasted 12 years and I expect the liquid concrete to last twice perhaps three times that long. I have no major complaints abouit the "stained" driveway except for the fact that I was continually scrubbing off tire marks. In two yearsI have not had to wash my liquid concrete driveway, not a single time.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Gold member
Smile Downside

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Can the concrete application go directly over a stained or painted driveway or does it still need to be ground off?
This is another downside to a stained driveway. If at some point you would rather have the liquid concrete, the stain MUST be removed by grinding. There is very little that can be applied over a stained drive.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Default Conrete Coating not just painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
For those that have lived in TV for some time, what has been your experience with driveway painting? How long does it last?
I am in the process of contacting someone to do concrete coating. I haven't been satisfied viewing the painting which looks pretty plain for the money. This process costs more but I've seen only two driveways done which look great but of course it is NEW and hasn't been down for several years.

Please let me know if you find someone!

Also do you have a good allergist????

thank you, joyce
Old 07-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce Beeman View Post
I am in the process of contacting someone to do concrete coating. I haven't been satisfied viewing the painting which looks pretty plain for the money. This process costs more but I've seen only two driveways done which look great but of course it is NEW and hasn't been down for several years.

Please let me know if you find someone!

Also do you have a good allergist????

thank you, joyce
Florida deck and pool. Good product and outstanding workmanship.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:10 PM

Do these methods apply to garage floors? I'd like to do something to improve the appearance of my garage floor. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Gold member
Smile Garage Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer61 View Post
Do these methods apply to garage floors? I'd like to do something to improve the appearance of my garage floor. Thanks!
Epoxy is the only way to go .. I can't think of anything that can damage an epoxy floor.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:26 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Epoxy is the only way to go .. I can't think of anything that can damage an epoxy floor.
Battery acid
Old 08-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Default Driveway concrete coating

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooper View Post
we have had ours for 10 or 11 years and still looks as good as new. Never any maintenance other than an occasional cleaning with a push broom and water.
would you please let me know who you used? I have talked with custom ram design and need to contact a couple others. Thanks,
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.