Driveway Parking

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2019, 09:05 AM
Default Driveway Parking

Seems like I remember when I moved to The Villages there was a code that stipulated resident's vehicles should be parked in their garage.
My neighborhood is beginning to look like a parking lot. Neighbor has three cars and a golf car, two are always left in the driveway throughout the night. Other neighbor never puts the vehicle in the garage.
Just wish to clarify this?? Thank you
Old 11-09-2019, 09:12 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

no such code - there are some restrictions on parking on the road
Old 11-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladila2 View Post
Seems like I remember when I moved to The Villages there was a code that stipulated resident's vehicles should be parked in their garage.
My neighborhood is beginning to look like a parking lot. Neighbor has three cars and a golf car, two are always left in the driveway throughout the night. Other neighbor never puts the vehicle in the garage.
VCDD Community Standards
Old 11-09-2019, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

I don't think there is any prohibition about parking in your driveway. In most courtyard villas, owners must park their vehicles in the driveway or in the garage, but are not allowed to park on the street or in the visitor spaces. However, visitors are allowed to park on the street or in the visitor spaces. In fact, in non-courtyard areas, I think you can park either in your driveway or on the street, unless the street is designated as a no parking area.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Read restrictions for My district and more or less majority rules are same. Just can’t park truck over 3/4 ton in the drive way other than temporary, which explained under RV parking (72 Hours max for loading and unloading. For regular vehicles no restrictions parking in drive way, but, can’t park in the grass, rocks if have rock yard, or sidewalks to front door. Street parking has some restrictions like when diamond lane runs in front of you’re home. You can’t block the diamond lane for extended amount of time, see landscapers during work hours parked to do work. Not all districts standards are the same. Nobody monitoring parking. Somebody has to complain in writing if you expect any violations to be corrected, if the are actually violations? This IMO more of problem in CYV’s and patio villas with 1 1/2 garages and limited driveway space along with narrow streets that wasn’t designed for street parking.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't think there is any prohibition about parking in your driveway. In most courtyard villas, owners must park their vehicles in the driveway or in the garage, but are not allowed to park on the street or in the visitor spaces. However, visitors are allowed to park on the street or in the visitor spaces. In fact, in non-courtyard areas, I think you can park either in your driveway or on the street, unless the street is designated as a no parking area.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Sage

Courtyard villa parking restrictions from the covenants:

"No Owner of a Homesite shall park, store, or keep any vehicle except wholly within his driveway, garage or other non-visitor parking spaces."

The Villages will enforce this rule if there is a complaint.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Courtyard villa parking restrictions from the covenants:

"No Owner of a Homesite shall park, store, or keep any vehicle except wholly within his driveway, garage or other non-visitor parking spaces."

The Villages will enforce this rule if there is a complaint.
They don't!
Old 11-09-2019, 02:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
They don't!
The rule has been enforced in courtyard villa areas, especially where owners have tried to use the visitor parking spaces to store a vehicle for weeks at a time.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Veteran member

Actually Courtyard Villa roads are considered " Private " with public access. As for parking a vehicle on the street, as long as an " Emergency " can get by parking a vehicle on the street is allowed.

Annoying yes...but nothing ya can do about it.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Actually Courtyard Villa roads are considered " Private " with public access. As for parking a vehicle on the street, as long as an " Emergency " can get by parking a vehicle on the street is allowed.

Refer to Post No. 7. According to the covenants, owners cannot park on the street, but visitors can.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Not logical or plausible as many people have 2 cars and a 1 or 1 1/2 car garage.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
As for parking a vehicle on the street, as long as an " Emergency " can get by parking a vehicle on the street is allowed.

I had such a situation. I tried to have a car removed which was not blocking any traffic. Neither The Villages or the Sumter County Police Department were able to remove the car. They even went so far as to tell me if someone dies and their car is left on the street they do not have the right to move it unless it is blocking or causing some such traffic issue.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:06 PM
KittyKat

Quote:
I moved here to the Village of Amelia in 2007. I could have sworn, too, that I read that somewhere because I have always remembered it. It looked so nice when we first moved in but then it gradually changed to what you are now saying. I prefer the clean look. Now it looks like it did up North, except for the trashcans & recycling bins.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:47 AM

I specifically asked about that when we bought our home. The realtor said you are allowed to park in the driveway. Some people do that in our neighborhood and it doesn’t bother me at all!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.