Driving to Fenney and points south

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2019, 10:17 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
My problem with Fenney is that it is too far from shopping and restaurants. I live near Colony Plaza, and I still put about 30 miles per day on my car. If I lived in Fenney, I think my mileage would double. It would be about a 20 mile drive just to get to Home Depot.
I live in McClure (Fenney Area) and it's 11 miles to the nearest Home Depot
Old 01-01-2019, 10:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
How many dead people are buried in that particular cemetery?

(Old joke...LOL)

And there are always those who are dying to get in. (even older joke)
Old 01-01-2019, 11:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,413 Times in 5,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
I live in McClure (Fenney Area) and it's 11 miles to the nearest Home Depot
I stand corrected, if you are referring to the Leesburg Home Depot.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 01-02-2019 at 03:19 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:18 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
I stand corrected, if you are referring to the Leesburg Home Depot.
Nope...the one on 441 in Lady Lake
Old 01-02-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Those homes are all zoned commercial and most if not all have for sale signs, some are now vacant, and a few have been sold just recently. They won't be sold as residential lots and will most likely end up being little commercial strips such as the ones found all around the perimeters of TV with things like nail salons, insurance companies, various retail or commercial small businesses, some of the larger lots may host something even better like an urgent care. Since 468 is going to be 4 lanes all the way down now, those lots would not have been suitable for residential homes. I don't know if you noticed but The Villages Golf Cars has a storefront on 468 now, it's on the North Side in the same building as State Farm Insurance. None of us living down here like those homes that are in desperate need of repair but they were here first and I'm sure had an opportunity to sell before the building plans were finalized. They will most likely get more for their properties than were originally offered by TV now that small commercial developers know what is going on down here.
Ditto the above. Meanwhile, there is now road infrastructure in place to come in and out without even seeing these properties unless you happen to have a backyard view of them. Those properties are, or soon will be, too valuable to just hold on to as-is. Most are, in fact, for sale or sold already. I wish I were smart/rich enough to get a hold of one of those parcels and put in a golf-cart accessible gas/convenience store (read WaWa or Circle K). Chances are, if you currently have a view of "tobacco road" (I'm from NC and would be offended if I were a snowflake - haha), you may end up with a view of a fence with a thriving business on the other side.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:51 AM

Geez, nobody bit on your question. The correct answer is all of them!!
Old 01-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscocco View Post
What about the small cemetery along 468? Plans to keep it there and build around it or relocate it?
Would not be the first cemetery in TV.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:37 PM
Sage

It is if you are in the market for a new house, and most are being built in the Fenney area.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Those homes are all zoned commercial and most if not all have for sale signs, some are now vacant, and a few have been sold just recently. They won't be sold as residential lots and will most likely end up being little commercial strips such as the ones found all around the perimeters of TV with things like nail salons, insurance companies, various retail or commercial small businesses, some of the larger lots may host something even better like an urgent care. Since 468 is going to be 4 lanes all the way down now, those lots would not have been suitable for residential homes. I don't know if you noticed but The Villages Golf Cars has a storefront on 468 now, it's on the North Side in the same building as State Farm Insurance. None of us living down here like those homes that are in desperate need of repair but they were here first and I'm sure had an opportunity to sell before the building plans were finalized. They will most likely get more for their properties than were originally offered by TV now that small commercial developers know what is going on down here.
Thank you for this information. It will be a while before it's all said and done but it sounds like the area will be wonderful.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
My problem with Fenney is that it is too far from shopping and restaurants. I live near Colony Plaza, and I still put about 30 miles per day on my car. If I lived in Fenney, I think my mileage would double. It would be about a 20 mile drive just to get to Home Depot.
I agree to everything you said. Unless a corridor such as 441/27 will be in the future for points south, I would not consider purchasing a home in the Southern Oaks area. I prefer to be a "hop, skip and a jump" to all the restaurants and stores that dot the 441/27 corridor which runs through The Villages.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:09 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I agree to everything you said. Unless a corridor such as 441/27 will be in the future for points south, I would not consider purchasing a home in the Southern Oaks area. I prefer to be a "hop, skip and a jump" to all the restaurants and stores that dot the 441/27 corridor which runs through The Villages.
I really don't care about the stores, I'm close to Ace and Lowes and that's all I personally care about. There are plenty of restaurants within a 10 minute drive of Fenney and many more in Leesburg. There are malls south of Leesburg, can't remember the name of the town but great shopping down there and now with 501 opened to 470, shortcuts have appeared. These stores and chain restaurants that you are concerned about will be down here somewhere in the very near future, retailers would be foolish not to take advantage of the tens of thousands of homeowners that are on their way to Fenney and Southern Oaks. There is a lot of commercial land on the southwest side of Leesburg and that is where I see it going which is great as long as it is not too close to cause traffic such as on 441/27 up north. Build it and they will come, not Sears of course. Come on down and enjoy the south, most of us will never have an opportunity to see any thing like what is happening here for the rest of our lives, watching it happen is part of the fun. I always look forward to GoldwingNut's drone videos as the landscape changes so much in a very short period of time. They are closing 468 between 501 and 301 Monday and Tuesday nights and by the looks of it the 4-lanes are starting to be worked on.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:29 PM
Sage

FYI, Lowes and Home Depot are not the same. And, the new Lowes is 5,000 square feet smaller than the Lady Lake Lowes. I have already visited the new Lowes on more than one occasion and then had to go to Home Depot to get what I needed.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
If you don’t live in Fenney, why is this a problem for you?
It is a problem if you want to buy a new house, and almost all the new houses are being built in the Fenney area. I don't care about the town squares or rec centers, but I want to be close to shopping and restaurants. I understand that some people may not care about that.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Come on down and enjoy the south, most of us will never have an opportunity to see any thing like what is happening here for the rest of our lives, watching it happen is part of the fun.
I agree with you.

We live in Osceola Hills and we are very impressed with what is happening around Fenney. We love playing golf at Grey Fox, we love the new practice area at Loblolly, and we love the new walking trails that do not allow golf carts.

We often go there on Sunday and walk thru the areas under construction. The new "pitch and putt" course is looking a lot more interesting than we thought it would be.

If we are there on a work day, we can get tacos at the food truck (near Willow Tree pool) we used to frequent when our house was being built in Osceola Hills. They use a great hot sauce.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
FYI, Lowes and Home Depot are not the same. And, the new Lowes is 5,000 square feet smaller than the Lady Lake Lowes. I have already visited the new Lowes on more than one occasion and then had to go to Home Depot to get what I needed.
Before I moved here there were Lowe's and Home Depot's within a half mile of each other. Personally I did not like Home Depot. I am very satisfied getting what I need at the new smaller Lowes, Ace in Wildwood and for a real treat spar's on 44. I didn't come down here to build a barn and I can't think of anything I have needed in the last year and half that I couldn't find at Ace, Spars, or Lowe's after it opened. I would assume a lot of people prefer Home Depot but I'm sure there are just as many that prefer Lowes.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, lovely, back, driving, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.