Driving lessons

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2016, 09:03 PM
Default Driving lessons

I could not make my left hand turn to get home because of the ridiculous drivers driving in the left lane. Drive in the right lane. The left lane is for passing or turning.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

So whatta you gonna do about it? People are not going to modify their behavior just to suit you.

My suggestion is to do a righty-lefty, as we call it. Turn right, go a little way, then turn left. Then do a U-turn on a side street, go back to the main street and turn right.

Yeah, it is a wimpy way to make a left turn, but that's the kind of people we are.

Last edited by VApeople; 12-16-2016 at 05:38 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

OP, Lake County police had electronic signs out for a while indicating that driving in the left lane was illegal, they did not seem to help. I have gotten use to this problem. I just allow for it and get over to the left lane earlier then I normally would when I see a break. If I miss getting over, then I just go to the next left turn, make a U turn and then a right to the street I wanted.
Also, I am assuming you are relatively new to the area, so please be very careful about making lefts off of 466 and 466a there is limited visibility if there are on coming vehicles in their left turn lane, especially if these are SUVs.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:03 PM
Email Reported As Spam

suggesting that drivers drive in the right lane so that one can enter the left lane unencumbered to turn left, is the same as asking other drivers who are not going to turn right to stay out of the right hand lane that is marked for both straight ahead and a right turn.

It ain't going to happen ever
Old 12-16-2016, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
suggesting that drivers drive in the right lane so that one can enter the left lane unencumbered to turn left, is the same as asking other drivers who are not going to turn right to stay out of the right hand lane that is marked for both straight ahead and a right turn.

It ain't going to happen ever
I'm not sure I even understand the OP's post. Is she stating she has trouble getting over from the right lane into the left in preparation for a left turn because there are other cars on the road, ie: TRAFFIC???? I hope not, because then her answer is in the title of the thread----DRIVING LESSONS! Does it mean something else??? I'm just not clear on it. But if she is expecting the left lane to be empty at all times so she can make a left turn at her convenience, please return to planet Earth. It would be an interesting sight, however----a single lane of traffic moving at 10 mph in the right lane while the left lane is totally empty.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcgirl View Post
I could not make my left hand turn to get home because of the ridiculous drivers driving in the left lane. Drive in the right lane. The left lane is for passing or turning.
I quote from the 2016 Florida's Driving Handbook,
'However, driving too slowly is also against Florida
law. You must not drive so slowly that you block
or delay trafic moving at normal, safe speeds.
You should drive with the low of trafic, WITHIN THE SPEED LIMIT. When driving slower than the low of
traffic, keep right so others may safely pass. On
highways, when the posted speed limit is 70 mph,
the minimum speed limit is 50 mph'.

The speed limit is the same in both lanes. If you want to make a left turn, allow yourself time to get into the left lane before turning. Vehicles driving the posted speed limit have the right to drive in the left lane.
Closed Thread

Tags
lane, left, driving, drivers, ridiculous

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.