This is Driving Me CRAZY!

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2021, 05:47 AM

Did you check the battery? Just like cars, sometimes the battery dies.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:02 AM
Veteran member

I'm guessing is doesn't run so great after all
Old 07-29-2021, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgreen3 View Post
A bad ignition coil will cause the symptoms of your Yamaha cart. Do a search on bad ignition coil and how to test.
My first thought too. I had that happen to several small engines in the past.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen13 View Post
I have a 2007 Yamaha G29 with an intermittent problem. It starts up, drives great, and I might not have any issues. Then again, it might stop running for no reason. The pause may last 1 minute or 1 hour, or anytime in-between. It might happen once, twice, ot three times in a trip. It's a crap shoot with this golf cart.

I changed the fuel filter, the vacuum powered fuel pump, along with a section of fuel line and thoroughly cleaned the carburetor. The problem might get better after an attempted fix but it will return.

I have voltage to the ignition relay and that's where I get lost. Money is a bit tight to at the moment, so I'd like to fix it myself.

Any repair ideas or suggestions?
Try checking any ground wire connections. Make sure the grounds are clean and tight. It potentially could also be a wire that is worn a hole and and making intermittent contact as it warms up and cools. It might be wire fatigue somewhere as well. Good luck
Old 07-29-2021, 06:32 AM
Default Golf cart problem

I had the same problem with my '08 Street rod and I took it to the dealer they did everything they could think of including everything you did. It ended up being a bad coil when it got hot it broke down and shut off like you turned off the key after that there was no problems at all. Hope this helps.

Quote:
I have a 2007 Yamaha G29 with an intermittent problem. It starts up, drives great, and I might not have any issues. Then again, it might stop running for no reason. The pause may last 1 minute or 1 hour, or anytime in-between. It might happen once, twice, ot three times in a trip. It's a crap shoot with this golf cart.

I changed the fuel filter, the vacuum powered fuel pump, along with a section of fuel line and thoroughly cleaned the carburetor. The problem might get better after an attempted fix but it will return.

I have voltage to the ignition relay and that's where I get lost. Money is a bit tight to at the moment, so I'd like to fix it myself.

Old 07-29-2021, 06:48 AM

Quote:

It sounds like The Stop switch . Behind Accelerator pedal. Part number JF7-82817-20 Amazon $50.00. I have replaced many.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:49 AM
Default I had the same problem

Quote:

Replace the battery I know it sounds crazy but it worked for me
Old 07-29-2021, 06:50 AM

I have a 2017 Yamaha that would be fine driving around but when you stopped and tried to go again it was dead, all intermittently.
Turned out to be the start solenoid/relay. Had that replaced by Willy’s golf cart repairs problem solved.
When your cart fails do you hear any faint buzzing noise when stepping on the gas pedal trying to start.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:57 AM
Veteran member

Sounds like ignition coil , my club car would do that,get hot ,quit cool down and run . Not all the time, but always left me stranded for a period of time . Cart Fixer diagnosed it.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Check your battery cables connected to the battery. If one is a little bit loose it could cause your problem. Any case take them off clean the battery posts and the inside of the cable clamp and reinstall.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:03 AM

Had the same kind of problem on an electric cart, it turned our my ignition key was shot and would stop making "contact" and would turn off. New ignition problem fixed.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:15 AM

Vapor lock? Your gas cap may be defective. Next time is happens remove, then replace the cap. See if that makes a difference.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:31 AM

Try some Seafoam in the gas tank. One ounce per gallon.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:07 AM
Default Golf cart woes

Hey Stephen , I’m a back yarder myself , I’ve had two experiences with a carb. One was a bad hose/fitting in the vent line from the carb. to the gas tank, The fix I just ran a piece of tubing from the carb down to the engine cradle open ended Solved the vaper/pressure lock , second the micro switch under the cart was going bad and sometime it would make good contact and sometime it would not. I think it was the brake safety, Just my experience’s Tks. Anthony
Old 07-29-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:

Ivoltage to the ignition relay and that's where I get lost. Money is a bit tight to at the moment, so I'd like to fix it myself.

I found an article on golfstorage dot com that appears to address your g29 issue. I tried to send you a link directly to the article, but the administrator of this site is not allowing me to send just the web link.

Go to google and search for “why your golf cart cuts out while driving”
And click on the first item returned.
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel, fix, problem, tight, repair

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.