Driving Pet Peeves

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2021, 11:09 AM
Veteran member
Default Driving Pet Peeves

1. The speed limit police: Driving in the passing lane and justified because they are going the speed limit.
2. Pulling out in front of you because they can get there first even it they have to run a stop sign either in their golf cart or car.
3. Stopping your car to let golf carts cross the road. Its very dangerous and very annoying as cars have the right of way and could easily cause an accident.

What are yours?

Last edited by Northerner52; 05-02-2021 at 04:58 AM.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,588 Times in 5,185 Posts

1. Speeders in residential sections
2. People who use handicap spaces who don't need them
3. Drivers who block the parking lot waiting for someone to pull out of a space
4. Parkers who pull too far forward and use two spaces
Old 05-01-2021, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Its the Villages accept move on
Old 05-01-2021, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,030 Times in 2,727 Posts

Traffic

People who drive too slow and then speed up when you try to pass them, or refuse to get out of the passing lane

Group bike riders that think they are somehow special and own the road and don’t ride single file

Cell phones
Old 05-01-2021, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

those special people that 'live-park' in front of the entry at Publix and other stores blocking the cross walk while their passenger 'runs in for just one thing'
Old 05-01-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
1. The speed limit police: Driving in the passing lane and justified because they are going the speed limit.
2. Pulling out in front of you because they can get there first even it they have to run a stop sign either in their golf cart or car.
3. Stopping you car to let golf carts cross the road. Its very dangerous and very annoying as cars have the right of way and could easily cause an accident.

What are yours?
Approaching the roundabout and the driver already on the roundabout decides to stop and let you in. A certainty that he/she could be rear ended while being "courteous" or "dumb" depending on your perspective.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:06 PM
Veteran member

My peeve is people trying to be "nice" and let you turn across in front of them. They may be at a light that is green for them, or just plain in the middle of a somewhat busy road.

What they fail to understand is that they have broken the social construct and have introduced uncertainty into the situation.

-Why are you stopping? you have the right of way.
-Are you letting me go?
-Should I go, is that a hand signal? If I wait too long, will you drive on and broadside me?
-Are you going to move if someone behind you honks?
-I can't see in your tinted windows, are you waving at me or chasing a bee in the cab?

Don't do me any favors. When you have the right of way...GO. That's the kindest thing you can do for me. We all know our place and you doing what you are supposed to be doing means everything works as it should.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:29 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Drivers who go to make a right hand turn and almost stop before they make the turn.
Old 05-01-2021, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,377 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
My peeve is people trying to be "nice" and let you turn across in front of them. They may be at a light that is green for them, or just plain in the middle of a somewhat busy road.

What they fail to understand is that they have broken the social construct and have introduced uncertainty into the situation.

-Why are you stopping? you have the right of way.
-Are you letting me go?
-Should I go, is that a hand signal? If I wait too long, will you drive on and broadside me?
-Are you going to move if someone behind you honks?
-I can't see in your tinted windows, are you waving at me or chasing a bee in the cab?

Don't do me any favors. When you have the right of way...GO. That's the kindest thing you can do for me. We all know our place and you doing what you are supposed to be doing means everything works as it should.
Absolutely!

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-01-2021, 03:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Impatient golf cart drivers
Drivers that stop on the highway to let people to enter the highway from an on-ramp.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts

Running stops signs (4 way stops) (you have to stop before you’re in-line) and stopping at roundabout’s (when no traffic in roundabout) when you only have yield.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:32 PM

I saw this, and thought it was funny.

State Parks are for camping, the left lane is for passing. If you are not passing, please stay right.

I actually don't care what lane you drive in but if someone rolls up behind you, can you please move over. Sometimes I speed up a little when passing to get back in the right lane and let faster traffic go.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Drivers who go to make a right hand turn and almost stop before they make the turn.
Also known as the dreaded "parking turn"
Old 05-01-2021, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
3. Stopping you car to let golf carts cross the road. Its very dangerous and very annoying as cars have the right of way and could easily cause an accident.

What are yours?
There are too many to list

***Cart drivers who turn left directly from the cart lane, usually without a mechanical or hand signal, AKA suicidal
***Car drivers who merge onto a 3 lane interstate and proceed to go directly to the furthest left lane and lollygag at 55 mph.
***Cyclists who blow through stop or yield signs in a pack of 20 as though they are a single entity. You ride on the road---then you OBEY the rules of the road. I DON'T CARE if you have toe clips, or it is inconvenient, or it breaks up you social pack, or whatever the new law in Oregon happens to be (they're all nuts out there anyway), you should OBEY THE LAW or get ticketed
***Pedestrians who jump off the sidewalk in front of a 500# cart going 20 mph to avoid coming within 20 feet of another pedestrian for 1/2 second---AKA covidiots. Much safer to play chicken with motor vehicle And let me also quote Florida statute 316.130 sec 3----"(3) Where sidewalks are provided, no pedestrian shall, unless required by other circumstances, walk along and upon the portion of a roadway paved for vehicular traffic" Passing another pedestrian on the sidewalk, regardless of COVID, does not qualify as "other circumstances". A 60 foot deep sinkhole would.
*** But especially, the car driver who posted on here several years ago that he/she PURPOSEFULLY drives 30 in the left lane of 466 which is posted at 45 because he/she feels that is "fast enough". The rest of us couldn't give a rats furry arse what YOU think, only what the law posted as the legal speed limit.

>end of rant<
Old 05-01-2021, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

Definitely people who stop when they have the right of way. Absolutely adds confusion to the situation and can cause an accident.
People who hold the cell phone to their ear or up against the steering wheel while they're driving. Car or golf cart, doesn't matter.
People in golf carts with "street legal" signs on the back who cross 441. Especially the ones that aren't really street legal, they just have the sign saying they are. You know who you are.
People in golf carts who go clockwise on the roundabout's golf cart path at the Morse/Paige circle. You didn't notice that you couldn't squeeze through on the right side of BOTH of those poles, and had to veer off to the side where golf carts would be coming toward you?
People who drive 2 passengers next to them in golf carts, and none of them wearing seatbelts, especially when at least one of the passengers is a child. I feel horrible for the child. They're learning that stupidity is acceptable. Our future government officials, folks. The generation of imbeciles, brought to you by the imbeciles of the current generation.
People in golf carts who take up a full handicapped space - anywhere. Those spaces are intended for cars. That's why they're wide enough for two golf carts. The very least you can do, is take up half the space so another golf cart can share it. Selfish pigs.
Closed Thread

Tags
driving, golf, limit, speed, car

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.