Driving Pet Peeves

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2021, 06:01 AM

Life is too short !!!
Old 05-02-2021, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
***Cyclists who blow through stop or yield signs in a pack of 20 as though they are a single entity. You ride on the road---then you OBEY the rules of the road. I DON'T CARE if you have toe clips, or it is inconvenient, or it breaks up you social pack, or whatever the new law in Oregon happens to be (they're all nuts out there anyway), you should OBEY THE LAW or get ticketed
I wonder how you would feel if you were stopped behind 20 cyclists who each fully stopped in turn and proceeded through the intersection one at a time while also waiting for the traffic to clear.

I also wonder is you come to a complete stop at every stop sign. Complete means locking your breaks—not just going really slow. I wonder, too, if you use your turn signals properly by notifying others before you start to slow down and not just as you are rounding the corner or after you are already in the turn lane when everyone can see that you are turning.

If you’re not like most people, and almost everyone violates those rules, then my hat’s off to you. You are a rare bird indeed. But you would still hate it if you got stuck behind a group of cyclists who came to complete stops and crossed the road just one at a time.

Remember the old saying: “Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.”
Old 05-02-2021, 06:16 AM

1.Golf cart drivers with knees spread wide apart. Gender identity very noticeable, also Naked chests. Some things cannot be unseen and distractions.
2. Dogs leaping from golf carts or tethered running along side the vehicle.
3. The piggybacking cars through the gates! Use your card or finger please. I just might have to stop short for the rabbit.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post
I wonder how you would feel if you were stopped behind 20 cyclists who each fully stopped in turn and proceeded through the intersection one at a time while also waiting for the traffic to clear.

I also wonder is you come to a complete stop at every stop sign. Complete means locking your breaks—not just going really slow. I wonder, too, if you use your turn signals properly by notifying others before you start to slow down and not just as you are rounding the corner or after you are already in the turn lane when everyone can see that you are turning.

If you’re not like most people, and almost everyone violates those rules, then my hat’s off to you. You are a rare bird indeed. But you would still hate it if you got stuck behind a group of cyclists who came to complete stops and crossed the road just one at a time.

Remember the old saying: “Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.”
I am one of those rare birds who do complete stops even when it's obvious no one is near. I got stopped by a cop for not making a full stop at Rio Grande and Del Mar and I am forever changed. I think there should be a major police blitz for golf cart infractions. It is so over the top ridiculous how lax we take the safety rules on the road here.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
Bike riders that travel dead center of street lanes
All roads in TV are substandard in that they are less than 14 feet wide. It is therefore impossible to pass a cyclist while in the same lane and still allow them to have the lawful safety buffer around them. In such cases the law says they own the entire lane. You have to use the other lane anyway, so what difference does it make?

Believe me. Cyclists know far more about the rules than you do.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:23 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bd0herty View Post
- People who don't drive like me...

- People who drive like me.
Omg.....funny
Old 05-02-2021, 06:39 AM
Default My peeve..

I can’t believe I read all of these and didn’t see my pet peeve! Over and Over, I have golf carts pull out right in front of me (while I’m driving a car), because they want to pass a bicycle in the cart lane! I have to slam on my brakes to avoid smashing into them. 😡

Husband said to add...people who drive in cars or carts with little dogs on their laps!
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
You have said what my husband and I say every time we’re at a gate in our cart. You are not doing anyone a favor by waving them thru (especially those with tinted windshields).
Totally agree on this one, especially about tinted windshields. We know they are only trying to be polite, but they don’t realize it is dangerous.

Obviously they are from out-of-state. LOL
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

People who throw their cigarette butts out the window
Drivers that drive in the passing lane, holding up traffic happen 24/7 on 466
Drivers that drive right next to you side by side.....if you have to change lane quick you have no where to go
People in parking lot just step off the curb, stupid crazy
Drivers that enter the left turning lane every where except at the beginning
Slow right hand turners
Will never understand bicyclist that ride on fast busy roads when there are thousands of other places to ride
Drivers that don’t understand your car has a horn for a reason 😂🤣😂🤣😂
Old 05-02-2021, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawnKing View Post
1. Speeders in a residential area. The speed limit is 25, not 45.
I seem to remember that the signs near the entrances to TV say that it’s 20 unless posted otherwise.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:57 AM

Putting out no pee- no poop signs and neighbors still use your lawn. They don't respect your property and think you dont see them using your lawn!
Old 05-02-2021, 07:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
1. The speed limit police: Driving in the passing lane and justified because they are going the speed limit.
2. Pulling out in front of you because they can get there first even it they have to run a stop sign either in their golf cart or car.
3. Stopping your car to let golf carts cross the road. Its very dangerous and very annoying as cars have the right of way and could easily cause an accident.

What are yours?
People who complain about other people’s driving, and they do all of these things too.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
1. Speeders in residential sections
2. People who use handicap spaces who don't need them
3. Drivers who block the parking lot waiting for someone to pull out of a space
4. Parkers who pull too far forward and use two spaces
Idiots who don't use turn signals, whether it be golf carts or automobiles.

Golf carts drivers who forget to turn OFF their turn signals.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:11 AM

Not using turn signals!!!!! They come standard on all vehicles for a reason. USE THEM :-)

Floating in and out of lanes. AGAIN use your turn signals
Old 05-02-2021, 07:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
1. The speed limit police: Driving in the passing lane and justified because they are going the speed limit.
2. Pulling out in front of you because they can get there first even it they have to run a stop sign either in their golf cart or car.
3. Stopping your car to let golf carts cross the road. Its very dangerous and very annoying as cars have the right of way and could easily cause an accident.

What are yours?
People who don’t anticipate what lane they need to be in before they enter a roundabout or who stop at the entrance of a roundabout when there is no car coming or if it is far away. That said, I’m amazed by how many people DO do it right.

That said, there seems to be a lot of road rage here. I’ve seen a number of drivers flipping the bird to other drivers. I did that once in California in 1979 and a guy jammed on his brakes and came at me with a tire iron! You would think we’d all relax and be more patient, but I’m still on northern time, too. I admit to being impatient. Perhaps that will change.
Closed Thread

Tags
driving, golf, limit, speed, car

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.