Driving Pet Peeves

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2021, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz View Post
Yes it is your choice....but my dad can’t walk far and if I want to park and go eat on the square and you are taking the place for 3 hours plus is the fair to other.
Example when a big event happens in Spanish Spring parking overflow goes into the Publix. I watched this family walk from the square to the Handy Cap parking place in front of Publix....on what planet is that right, family said my mom has a hard time walking, give me a break......so just because you have a handicap placard I just don’t think you should abuse it
That doesn't even almost make any kind of sense. The first row of that parking lot doesn't have ANY handicapped spaces at all. The next row has ONE. If you want to get closest to the square, you'd go in the first row. Or the parking lot behind Flipper's, where there is almost always plenty of parking except when there's a combination of league bowling + the Hooligans.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
That doesn't even almost make any kind of sense. The first row of that parking lot doesn't have ANY handicapped spaces at all. The next row has ONE. If you want to get closest to the square, you'd go in the first row. Or the parking lot behind Flipper's, where there is almost always plenty of parking except when there's a combination of league bowling + the Hooligans.
There are two spots in the front row by the Rialto corner.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:39 PM

Tailgaters. Typically a young woman. And I'm far from a 'left lane creeper'. Yes, I do pull over so they can do 50+ mph on Morse.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:46 AM

I commented earlier about drivers that only drive in the left lane.

I drive about 20,000 miles a year and most of this is on multi-lane freeways. In my experience, the "Left Lane Larrys" are never older people. It's almost always younger drivers and mostly young women. This could simply be an education issue and lack of experience. My father taught me how to dive and he didn't lack for clarity when he spoke. Our young may be ignorant when it comes to what the left lane is for. If my father were still with us, every millennial could benefit from a few mile freeway drive with my dad.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:27 PM

for every crappy driver you encounter, there is another one waiting for you just ahead. it is never going to end .... worry about your health, not crappy drivers.
Old 05-11-2021, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

So this morning, about 7:20 AM in the parking lot at Evans Prairie waiting to start men's day, I watch someone miss his own death by about 2 feet. A black pick-up truck was legally exiting the RB and entering the parking lot, not at excessive speed, when some ar$$eh0!3 on a bicycle blows through the stop sign on the MMP right in front of the truck. I was sure we were going to need spatulas to scrape this idiot up. I guess once you get used to blowing through stop signs on a bicycle, you just do it regardless of the consequences. This cyclist clearly wins today's Darwin Award.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:38 PM

My vote goes to the MORONS who think they are OK parking in the "NO Parking" areas clearly marked in front of grocery stores. No sympathy for them should they be "rear-ended". Never know when somebody will (accidentally ?) do just that as a reminder to move on like the rest of traffic. Not all of them are old, but most are, and I rarely see the "entitled driver" sign displayed anywhere on their car's rear.
Closed Thread

Tags
driving, golf, limit, speed, car

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.