Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2021, 06:05 AM

Another thread simply posted to divide the reasonable from the fantasy……..sad
Old 12-07-2021, 06:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living a Fantasy View Post
For sometime, I have fantasized about a process to stop these senseless school and mass killings. My solution is to develop a drone patrol -- each with "camera eyes" and multiple sensors for sensing drugs, ammunition, etc. as well as face technology. Drone Patrols with such technology could patrol airports, stadiums, theaters, schools and universities, malls, government utility stations (water, electricity, etc.). When suspicious activity is sensed, the drone(s) hover over the suspect. Video the activity, and instantaneously notify the authorities with the sensed activity, video, and the location of the suspected wrong-doing.

Educating the crazies to such a technology, as described above, may even deter them from attempting such a horrific mission in the first place.

What do you think?
There are already cameras everywhere in the schools. If you want the drone inside the school building it better be able to open doors. But what the heck I’m on board but let’s arm the drone so it can shoot down a gunman
Old 12-07-2021, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
So everyone with a concealed carry permit will be detected and have the cops called on them? Sounds brilliant.
Works for me
Old 12-07-2021, 07:03 AM
Veteran member

Where do the Unicorns come in?
Old 12-07-2021, 07:03 AM

Where all the parents and school board members holding large meetings and protests about gun control rather than mask mandates? Just checked my notes, no deaths to date from wearing a mask in school. Absurd. QUOTE=Gpsma;2037318]Florida is the GunShine State...tooo many guns here. We need the gun controls here like they have in NY and NJ...we would be beyond safe.

And i hear the Supreme Court may allow carry licenses in NY....ruling is immenent.

Are they crazy..the gun control is keeping NY safe.

Anyone want to come to Shooters World tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
Old 12-07-2021, 07:09 AM

So much for privacy rights
Old 12-07-2021, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
What the issue is we need more guns, says the gun lobby.
The most recent school shooting parents bought a 9mm semi automatic for a fifteen year old for Christmas present.
I am very familiar with this issue a work associate bought a 9mm handgun for his 16 year old son outcome was his son killed himself by suicide that stopped the child support payments.
The weapon was not secured the parents are responsible for actions of a minor, also I hope they have a Merry freakin Christmas in jail!
A hand gun for a child? IMHO - stupid!! More logical a rifle for target range shooting and familiarity with a weapon and an ability for a parent to sense the level of maturity and responsibility the child displays with a weapon. Let the young ADULT purchase own handgun when reaches age of emancipation. I am retired military and a strong 2d Amendment advocate. Still never believed guns and kids nor guns and alcohol were good mixers.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Hey, better yet why not install computers that can predict when a crime is going to be perpetrated next? Or, since we are coddling the children now, and they can do no wrong, just have them schooled from home where they will be safe from harm or doing harm? Maybe the answer is a bit more of tough love, instead of making excuses for them every time they do something wrong.
Root causes is the answer. Police, drones and video cameras are attempting to fix something AFTER the fact. Better to fix the kids before they go off. Discipline is the answer to most of the problems today.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:17 AM

Why don't we just become a total police state?
Old 12-07-2021, 07:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Florida is the GunShine State...tooo many guns here. We need the gun controls here like they have in NY and NJ...we would be beyond safe.

And i hear the Supreme Court may allow carry licenses in NY....ruling is immenent.

Are they crazy..the gun control is keeping NY safe.

Anyone want to come to Shooters World tomorrow?
New York safe???? All we need to do is start enforcing present laws and lock up people forever that use guns to commit crimes. And make certain citizens ineligible based on mental health, age, felony, Not self defense but actual crimes. Gun controls don’t affect those who are intent on using guns to commit crimes. I actually lean toward open carry with certain exclusions (where alcohol is served, schools, hospitals, etc).
Old 12-07-2021, 07:35 AM

Your twenty years late
They’ve been using facial recognition at stadiums,airports etc .for years You just weren’t told about it
We are catching up to China
Old 12-07-2021, 07:54 AM

It's not a mass gun problem, it's a massive mental health problem! Look at the big picture! Every incident was caused by a lack of mental health treatment!!!
Old 12-07-2021, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Hey, better yet why not install computers that can predict when a crime is going to be perpetrated next?
Tom Cruise showed us that was a bad idea...

The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 12-07-2021, 08:07 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,193 Times in 761 Posts

We don't need any more useless laws, criminals don't obey them so why should the rest of us law abiding citizens have to suffer.
Old 12-07-2021, 08:13 AM
Cool Was that an Insect or a Drone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I think you are years too early, but certainly living up to your posting name!.
You will be fantasizing about self drive electric cars next!
The link below was reported in 2016. Maybe it's not my fantasy.

Was That an Insect or a Drone? | RoboticsTomorrow
Closed Thread

Tags
drone, technology, patrol, activity, video

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.