Drove to Fenney...Here's my takeaway

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2017, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
We visited over weekend. Our take. We would Never live way out there. So isolated all I could think about was driving back from the square at night on that desolatevep road (not Safe). Nothing even near by as far as stores, gas stations, hospitals, etc... Have No idea who would move there. Not even close to softball fields, Lahacienda where so many clubs are etc. Not even impressed with the homes and definitely not the price of them. Too far, too isolated, too dangerous

Seems like there is trouble away from Fenny, at other places in The Villages. This is not to imply that these other villages are "too dangerous" to want to live in them. (Only to point out your continued posting of this argument.....doesn't hold water)

Following head lines from the Villages, News site.

A resident of the Chula Vista Villas in the Village of Del Mar was arrested after an altercation that caused a ruckus Sunday evening.

58-year-old man was arrested Saturday after allegedly using “wrestling moves” on a woman in a fight over headphones.
,was arrested by Sumter County sheriff’s deputies on a charge of battery at a home on Camino Del Rey Drive in the Village of Palo Alto.

A 57-year-old man was arrested after an alleged altercation over a “liquor run” in the Village of Amelia

A 39-year-old woman found to be in possession of Oxycodone was arrested Friday outside Publix at La Plaza Grande in The Villages.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:22 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Seems like there is trouble away from Fenny, at other places in The Villages. This is not to imply that these other villages are "too dangerous" to want to live in them. (Only to point out your continued posting of this argument.....doesn't hold water)

A resident of the Chula Vista Villas in the Village of Del Mar was arrested after an altercation that caused a ruckus Sunday evening.

58-year-old man was arrested Saturday after allegedly using “wrestling moves” on a woman in a fight over headphones.
,was arrested by Sumter County sheriff’s deputies on a charge of battery at a home on Camino Del Rey Drive in the Village of Palo Alto.

A 57-year-old man was arrested after an alleged altercation over a “liquor run” in the Village of Amelia

A 39-year-old woman found to be in possession of Oxycodone was arrested Friday outside Publix at La Plaza Grande in The Villages.
you forgot the one that just happened with the guy molesting a autistic boy in the Publix plaza....sick sick dude.... and he only got probation.....my opinion...off with its head..
Old 06-13-2017, 01:27 PM

So true. I'm from Gravesend Brooklyn. It will be a pleasure to finally get to TV. Traveling anywhere is hell. Parking is another story altogether. Will be there in Aug to buy. Most likely it will be in Fenney.

Last edited by lucy82038; 06-13-2017 at 01:35 PM. Reason: edit to add
Old 06-13-2017, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy82038 View Post
So true. I'm from Gravesend Brooklyn. It will be a pleasure to finally get to TV. Traveling anywhere is hell. Parking is another story altogether. Will be there in Aug to buy. Most likely it will be in Fenney.
Hurry home. We'll leave the light on fer ya.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy82038 View Post
I get a notice on my phone that traffic in my area is unusually heavy. What that means is there are more than 50 cars on the road. Come on down you may not be able to take the peace and quiet. I wish you luck. You have all the help you need on TOTV's. FORGETABOUTIT.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:25 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post

And we can't even blame these on the Snowbirds. Hmmm
Old 06-14-2017, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

If one stops thinking of The Villages as a neighborhood and starts thinking of it as a metropolitan area, these incidents seem few and far between. There is no reason to be afraid on any road in The Villages area, nor to make a pejorative statement such as having no idea who would move to a particular area. That's going beyond just stating one's opinion.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
If one stops thinking of The Villages as a neighborhood and starts thinking of it as a metropolitan area, these incidents seem few and far between. There is no reason to be afraid on any road in The Villages area, nor to make a pejorative statement such as having no idea who would move to a particular area. That's going beyond just stating one's opinion.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:37 PM

I live in the Village of Ashland and it took me 15 minutes to get to the Village of Fenney. It's not a trek or a long drive. It's beautiful so go see it for yourself and enjoy! You don't need to spend money staying at the Waterfront or starting out early. I left my home at 10AM and arrived shortly after with no delays. Have fun on your return visit back to The Villages.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I agree.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:42 PM
Default Prison

No one is mentioning the prison that borders Fenney or the high light standards that are left on 24 hours a day,OH yes the alarm sound letting prisoners out for exercise and then calling them back in from the yard
Old 06-14-2017, 02:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage View Post
No one is mentioning the prison that borders Fenney or the high light standards that are left on 24 hours a day,OH yes the alarm sound letting prisoners out for exercise and then calling them back in from the yard
Yeah. Come on folks. If you try real hard, you can come up with some more negatives. You're just not trying!!
Old 06-14-2017, 03:27 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,334 Times in 1,445 Posts

Why would those sirens be worse than living near the fire department. Look at the maps and see where the protected areas are and the golf courses, don't you think they thought about the prison before they designed the layout? The lights will affect no one.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:28 PM

Sorry I am not trying to be to negative as I recently purchased in Fenney. Every area has there disadvantages as well as advantages. Everyone here is new and it will be easy to make friends. I blame myself for not doing my research as no one mentioned Fenney borders a prison. Out walking the other night and you sure know it is there. By the way Polar Bear what village do you reside in??
Old 06-14-2017, 03:50 PM

It backs on to Fenney
Closed Thread

Tags
drove, replaced, stripped, vegetation, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.