Drove to Fenney...Here's my takeaway

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2017, 05:57 PM

I meant to say centers rather than square. However, when a few other planned phases and golf courses get put in place, a square will likely appear.

Last edited by ggnlars; 05-20-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
LOL. I'd better update my GPS before my next trip to TV. But the GPS may not be a lot of help. I will stop by one of the sales offices to get directions to Fenney. If I keep driving and see a sign "Welcome to Miami" I know I've gone too far south.
It is really easy to get to Fenney from the Historic Side. Just go straight down Morse Blvd. After you cross Highway 44 keep going south. You will eventually cross over the turnpike. The entrance will be about about a mile on the left. From the Santo Domingo area, it took about 30 minutes to get there.

I can't wait until the day when all areas are connected by MMPs. Fill up the tank and pack a lunch for a golf care adventure!
Old 05-20-2017, 06:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwand View Post
Welcome Vintage. 5 years ago we heard the same about being so for South and packing a lunch. We are behind Bonifay so now in the middle of the villages!
5 years years from now Fenney might be the new middle.
7 years ago in Buttonwood we were at the very south and west of TV. Hell, we were warned about indians living that far remote.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
We took a ride down there and bought a spec. designer home. There are quite a few of them sold now and dozens completed and ready for buyers. Distance is relative to where you are, we are currently in Charlotte and we drive down several times a day, it takes 10 to 12 minutes depending on how you hit the light at Morse and 44.. To us, Spanish Springs is an overnighter. From Fenny to Paddock Square it is also 12 minutes via 301 to 44. Shopping is easy, new Publix at Morse and 44, colony is 10 to 12 minutes, morse to Southern Leesburg via 44 to 411 is not far, we have driven to Babette's several times but never really timed it, they are just south of 44. Leesburg hospital is less than 15 minutes away. As far as vegetation goes, of course they cleared it out to build the houses however there is still a lot of protected green areas in phase one. The bar and grill at the rec center is going to be a hit for sure, the miles of walking paths were a plus for us also. I can go on and on. Are there negatives, of course there are espcially if you are a golfer which we are not. Fenney is not for everyone but neither are any of the other villages. Give it a chance, you will all get to enjoy it as time goes bye.
Hi vintageogauge, When do you move into your home in Fenney? Keep us posted on life in Fenney: I am always interested in hearing how settling in goes.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 05-20-2017 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-21-2017, 07:18 AM

Brownwood
Old 05-21-2017, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkie View Post
Brownwood
???
Old 05-21-2017, 07:42 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

We closed on our home 5/12 and are now in the process of furnishing it, most has been ordered and will arrive mid to late July. We have two neighbors across the street, one is living there and the other is in the process of moving from their current home in The Villages. We will be leaving at the end of the month and will be back in July when the furniture is ready then back to Ohio for several weeks to downsize. We hope to live here from September through May and spend the summer months near our family. Fenney seems to change every day, either more landscape, another home completed, or more progress on the rec. center and pool area. We are of course anxious to get everything in place and begin to enjoy our new home. I'm sure it will look a lot different when we get back in July, hopefully there will be enough rain to fill the ponds and lakes by then.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normandy View Post
Do the villages still have a bus to tour fenny area and where do you get on???
11am and 2pm departs from Brownwood.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:52 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,309 Times in 543 Posts
Default Pioneers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
We closed on our home 5/12 and are now in the process of furnishing it, most has been ordered and will arrive mid to late July. We have two neighbors across the street, one is living there and the other is in the process of moving from their current home in The Villages. We will be leaving at the end of the month and will be back in July when the furniture is ready then back to Ohio for several weeks to downsize. We hope to live here from September through May and spend the summer months near our family. Fenney seems to change every day, either more landscape, another home completed, or more progress on the rec. center and pool area. We are of course anxious to get everything in place and begin to enjoy our new home. I'm sure it will look a lot different when we get back in July, hopefully there will be enough rain to fill the ponds and lakes by then.
We love to "pioneer" new Villages. Caroline, Hadley, Sanibel and LaBelle. We have lived in four Villages and bought and sold a manufacture home on the Historical side. Yeah, we have thought about it........
Old 05-22-2017, 01:24 PM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Drove down via Morse extension south of 44. Here are the two most interesting things I discovered:

1. Ain't saying it's far, but my clothes went out of style on the trip down.

2. Despite The Villages describing it thusly " . Nestled in oak hammocks and overlooking wildlife preserves and springs, the Village of Fenney is old Florida at its finest." the above description only applies to the first two hundred yards. It is a facade through which one drives to reach a desert where all the vegetation was stripped and replaced with palm trees.

Noteworthy is the number of covered wagons stationed along side the road all the way down, denoting that TV is the claim owner.

Just reporting what I saw. No opinion offered as I am happy where I am and wish the same for all.
Funny. We're from the South (Osceola Hills)...hmm, you say, "No opinion offered"... seems like you said a lot. Still, it's all good. To question, for the moment, Fenney is the "wild-west" of TV... If you are from TV North, yeah, it's a truck and your clothes might transition a bit (just as ours do when we go up to your North)... but to each his own, right? I find the idea (and creation) of Fenney-World (and its associated satellites) fascinating... and attractive... who knows maybe our next move?
Old 05-22-2017, 03:16 PM
Sage

My take is Fenny will be a more secluded type setting. They have already built some nice home when I visited. Who knows what the finished product will look like and all it entails.

Keep in mind they are building south to north so as home are built, they will be closer to 44. TV historically was built north to south.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-22-2017, 04:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post

Keep in mind they are building south to north so as home are built, they will be closer to 44. TV historically was built north to south.
They will also be developing south of Fenney. If you listened to the Evening with the Developer he explained that they started in Fenney because it was all permitted etc from the previous developer who never built. By starting there they were able to keep their builders, designers etc busy while they acquired more land and put it through all the permitting processes. He said it would have been nearly impossible if they had waited for additional land to get their team of employees assembled again. Pretty smart and beneficial to the developer and the employees.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:40 PM

We are sort of newcomers, moving into Dunedin 14 months ago. It is fascinating learning about the history of this phenomenal real estate story, and I can only imagine the same Fenny talk about about developments "way down" south of 466 at one time. A neighbor of mine tells me about Villages realtors almost promising prospective buyers that there would never be another home built south of 466A. We heard the same thing about 44, which will very obviously be the center of gravity of Morseville in a few years. Really fun to watch - bring it on!
Old 05-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
My recommendation would be to stay a night at The Waterfront Inn and get an early start in the morning..
Probably good advice.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

We bought a Courtyard Villa in Pennecamp in 2010 and were the southernmost village then. St. Charles Place had Jersey Barriers placed just past Pennecamp Drive The growth is unbelievable.

My take is that 4 executive golf courses, no town square yet with commercial development close by with a selection of shops and restaurants is a bit underwhelming to support the Feeney/Spanish Oaks population at this point. Of course, The Villages has had a very successful land development plan in the past and there is no doubt that they will make this area great!

Tags
drove, replaced, stripped, vegetation, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.