Drugs

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2021, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

You said drug running that seems to indicate all types of drugs , and if weed is so bad how come 36 states give you permission to smoke weed with a doctor’s prescription, 12 others limit somewhat the THC in the weed and 18 states allow it for recreational use , contrary to what you are saying there has been extensive research on the benefits of smoking weed long before the medical and recreational permission and voting was given . The detriment to our youth has actually been the archaic laws that in some states and even living in some neighborhoods saddled many young people with criminal records.

Last edited by charlieo1126@gmail.com; 11-29-2021 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Spell
Old 11-29-2021, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
The reality is that criminals are mobile. They can easily move to areas that allow them to operate. There is actually a small percentage of our population that are regular criminals. I am a proponent of three strikes and you are out. It has never been allowed to function.

As far as crime throughout history society has been trying to prevent crime. Hangings, famously attracted pick pockets and so did application of the guillotine.

Drugs-we often get news about ultra strong drugs hitting the streets and killing people.
We then spend a fortune to track down and get them off the street. Is that rational?
Only the state can murder people?

I have more questions than more productive solutions.

Wrong murders murder people state levels the penalties
For murder. IMO the need to bring back guillotine for mass murderers.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
You said drug running that seems to indicate all types of drugs , and if weed is so bad how come 36 states give you permission to smoke weed with a doctor’s prescription, 12 others limit somewhat the THC in the weed and 18 states allow it for recreational use , contrary to what you are saying there has been extensive research on the benefits of smoking weed long before the medical and recreational permission and voting was given . The detriment to our youth has actually been the archaic laws that in some states and even living in some neighborhoods saddled many young people with criminal records.

Cause society has rules. Or only ones some want to follow.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Not so, my friend. I, personally, have quit smoking marijuana. Also cigarettes. I have tried to quit alcohol at times, as well as coffee.

Coffee was the hardest, and in fact, I'm back on it. Likewise alcohol.
So in my experience, pot was the easiest of all of those to give up.

You know what the say “ 100 men will test today but only three will be green Bret” or you could be as rare as 1 in 1000 like Winchester 94.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Cause society has rules. Or only ones some want to follow.
Rules that in some states part of the state had law enforcement telling you to put it out and other parts of the same state putting you in jail or in poorer neighborhoods being arrested for smoking weed and better neighborhoods getting a warning , or the rules about crack cocaine where a small amount used mostly in minority neighborhoods could get you a large sentence while powdered cocaine of much larger amounts got you less time . I’m not condoning the drugs just the unjust sentences inflicted on many poor people and especially among minorities
Old 11-29-2021, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default ???

Quote:
I think someone’s been watching to many viewings of the movie Reefer Madness that shows up late at night sometimes on TCM , actually it’s a great movie to light up and giggle while you watch
Light up or not, it is still funny as hell. Probably the reason a lot of folks decided to give it a try in the first place.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Just as Funny?

Was it just as funny there were 5 of 8 arrested for being drunk and one even striking his parents and so also arrested for assault yesterday? There were more but these qualified to be reported in the press. Talk about the fun of drugs, this must have made a lot of drug supporters laughing? Want more fun, think of the 12 Narcotics Anonymous meeting each day in the Villages with each member having recognizing the need for help and the strength to seek it. How can any sane person ever think drugs are funny and fun when so many users and families suffer because of their use? SAD.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:16 AM
Sage

There are also meeting for people that are compulsive eaters , gambling ,sex and shopping , should we also give up these ? I know maybe we can bring back prohibition, how did that work out ,or maybe a war on drugs ,or a sugar ban , or close all the stores or stop people from having sex , I’m sure for some people that wouldn’t be enough because there would always be something more wicked that people would warn us about
Old 11-30-2021, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Rules that in some states part of the state had law enforcement telling you to put it out and other parts of the same state putting you in jail or in poorer neighborhoods being arrested for smoking weed and better neighborhoods getting a warning , or the rules about crack cocaine where a small amount used mostly in minority neighborhoods could get you a large sentence while powdered cocaine of much larger amounts got you less time . I’m not condoning the drugs just the unjust sentences inflicted on many poor people and especially among minorities
Much of that was due to the local community leaders demanding harsher sentences, in order to get the crack out of their neighborhoods...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-30-2021, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default Pay attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Was it just as funny there were 5 of 8 arrested for being drunk and one even striking his parents and so also arrested for assault yesterday? There were more but these qualified to be reported in the press. Talk about the fun of drugs, this must have made a lot of drug supporters laughing? Want more fun, think of the 12 Narcotics Anonymous meeting each day in the Villages with each member having recognizing the need for help and the strength to seek it. How can any sane person ever think drugs are funny and fun when so many users and families suffer because of their use? SAD.
In case your post is in response to mine, You mistook my finding humor in a movie (Reefer madness) as meaning that I condone drug use. I also think the Cheech and Chong films were funny. This has nothing to do with condoning or not condoning drug use any more than liking Western movies mean I condone shootouts at high noon on the city streets.
You seem to have been very negatively affected by some drug association, personal or otherwise, and your sensitivity causes a knee jerk reaction leading to misinterpretation of others comments. Simple misinterpretation can lead to unnecessary and avoidable arguments.
Old 11-30-2021, 04:48 PM
Veteran member
Default Drugs

Quote:
Here we go again. With nothing to back up your allegations, you state there are 12NA meetings "in the Villages" every day. That makes 84 per week! Really, send us the list of when and where. No doubt the times and places would be known in order to help those who need the meetings.

In addition, initially you stated the meetings were in the Villages and the "near neighborhoods" which has now morphed into just in The Villages. No doubt your near neighborhoods probably stretches to Orlando, but most likely, your statement is pure nonsense and just a number you made up.

Once again, send us links backing up any of your broad statements which so far seem to be pure fiction solely designed to back up your agenda.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
As long as people crave illegal drugs there will be demand. Just like smoking or alcoholic’s, druggies can’t or rarely can stop. Joint smokers claim it’s harmless and they can stop any time, but the never do.
Making them legal will at least bring some monetary benefit to the states. Also joint smokers are not people who stop smoking. Ex-joint smokers are people who stop smoking. I used to smoke pot back in the 1970's, for several years, almost daily. I stopped smoking it because I stopped finding it entertaining. Basically I "got over it." Didn't need rehab, didn't need to get arrested or hit "rock bottom" like alcoholics are known to need, didn't suffer withdrawal, wasn't ever addicted in the first place.

While millions of people have died from liver damage and other direct illness from alcohol abuse, no one has ever died from direct illness resulting from cannabis abuse. Abuse is abuse, no matter what you're abusing. That doesn't mean everything you can abuse should be illegal.

If that was the case, sex would be illegal. Guns would be illegal. Bad fashion would be illegal. Shoes would be illegal. Sugar would definitely be illegal. So would bread. ALL of these things can be abused. And all of them are (thankfully) legal.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Are we all going to become Mules…

I know in the past there have been issues when kids or grandkids moved and and caused some drug issues.

Hopefully we will all be good.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,588 Times in 1,501 Posts

Quote:
A few observations regarding drugs and the villages. It is alleged Atlanta is a major hub for drug interdiction to the US. It is also alleged the drugs runners use the turnpike to move them to Miami and The Villages is located in a prime location along this route. In addition to this exposure it is also alleged that Marion County has more Meth Labs than any other County in Florida. What does all of this mean. I believe it means we should be prepared to address Drug activities and ensure there is funding to manage this growing criminal activity on our great community. As you read of the criminal arrests in The Villages and note how many have drugs on them or were using them when caught you start to understand the breath of the issue. As the villages continue to grow in size the under belly of drug activity grows and the need for fully funded Police becomes greater.
As I see it, this is a solution for which no evidence of a problem yet exists.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Challenge To prove 12NA Meetings A Day

There was a question raised regarding a post that there are 12 NA meetings available daily and I was misleading readers with false information. I was not going to post any further on this as an addict must first recognize they have a problem. But I should at a minimum protect the accuracy of the posts. Here are a couple of examples:

Monday's: Saint Pauls Polish National Catholic Church, Victory Church, Ritz Historic Inn,
Saint Matthews Lutheran Church, First Presbyterian Church, Saint Marks
United Methodist Church, Lecanto Church of Christ, Dunnellon Presbyterian
Church, Saint Matthews House, Message of Hope, Message of Hope #2

Tuesday: Trinity Lutheran Church, Victory Church, Ritz Historic Inn, Saint Matthews
Lutheran Church, First Presbyterian Church, St.Marks Methodist Church
Christian and Missionary Alliance Church, Lecanto Church of Christ, Lecanto
Church of Christ #2, Dunnellon Presbyterian Church,St Matthwes House
First United Methodist Church.

If there are continued doubting "Thomas's" the following phone number is available
to secure the names and location of the daily 12 NA Meetings on Wed-Sunday:

Phone Number to gain names/locations of 12 daily NAmeetings in and around the Villages =866-801-6621

Of course another way to secure the information is to go into the internet and ask for
"NA Meetings" in and around The Villages.

It is sad so many uninformed people are quick to defend the use of drugs for selfish reasons and ignore the terrible impacts it has on the community and in particular the families of the addicts.
Closed Thread

Tags
drugs, villages, alleged, drug, county

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.